300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tsu

I was recently visited by the TSU fairy. Here is the quick version of the story:

This past week I was doing a job that involved driving across the country. Had no cell reception for almost the whole trip. Checked online CASS from hotel Monday night and it still showed my medical was still pending. Finally got reception late Tuesday and I had two messages on there from TSU trying to offer me a job. The calls came Monday at 8am and Tuesday at 8am. That means my medical cleared, my file was sent to TSU, and TSU called me all in such a short time frame CASS didn't even reflect it yet. Crazy. So I called and left a message for the TSU man saying I will take the job and where I want to work. When I finally talked to him Wednesday he said that message saved me a spot among a short list of openings for that location. Glad I left the message.

Thanks for all of the experienced CBPOs that help us on this forum. We would be lost without you. Good luck to the rest of you.
    Written: 12/9
    NOR: 12/12 (94)
    TO: 1/29
    VBT: 2/26 completed
    Medical: 4/27 completed
    Fitness: 3/2 completed
    Drug: 3/12 completed
    BI: completed with interim clearance (met BI on 3/18)
    Quals: completed on 3/19
    The Call: 4/27
    EOD: 6/1 Blaine, WA
    FLETC: 7/1

Comment

• Who knows I emailed them and asked what was going on and they just tell me 3 to 6 months or 4 to 7 months. ICE tells me im cleared just waiting for BI. I called my Investigator he says I was done in NOV that he doesnt know whats taking so long. Its just a waiting game now.
      CBPOJFK
      Exam 03/2008---86
      Pre-Employment Forms---08/2008 check
      Qualifications---07/2008---GS 5 check
      Medical 07/2008---08/2009 check
      Drug Test---07/2008 check
      VBT---07/2008 check
      Fitness---8/2009 check
      BI---08/13/2009 check

Referred to Schedule EOD 8/28/2009 TSU BABY!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by 5hole View Post
        I was recently visited by the TSU fairy. Here is the quick version of the story:

This past week I was doing a job that involved driving across the country. Had no cell reception for almost the whole trip. Checked online CASS from hotel Monday night and it still showed my medical was still pending. Finally got reception late Tuesday and I had two messages on there from TSU trying to offer me a job. The calls came Monday at 8am and Tuesday at 8am. That means my medical cleared, my file was sent to TSU, and TSU called me all in such a short time frame CASS didn't even reflect it yet. Crazy. So I called and left a message for the TSU man saying I will take the job and where I want to work. When I finally talked to him Wednesday he said that message saved me a spot among a short list of openings for that location. Glad I left the message.

Thanks for all of the experienced CBPOs that help us on this forum. We would be lost without you. Good luck to the rest of you.
        congrats and goodluck
        "When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle."

Comment

• Congats!

Originally posted by AmahastPL View Post
          Got the call

To the person who ‘stole’ (!) my spot for Norfolk, VA two weeks ago – thank you!

Today I’ve got my own spot and exactly what I wanted, too! Dulles Airport – Class 957, EOD June 1st!

Thank you all for the inspiration and moral support!

merlin436:: 135i:: Leen:: BM150280:: TPA3312:: genolrd:: 500pearl:: yoda:: imlikeaninja:: willia9v:: tippmann87

Mike
          Congrats! Good things come to those who wait. Glad you got exactly where you wanted to go. Good luck at FLETC and have fun!
          *****CBP Officer*****
          Hot South Texas

Comment

• Last portion of Exam

Hello, I was wondering how the last portion of the CBPO exam was graded? are there any right or wrong answers? It seems more like a pysch test to me...whats the best way to do well on this portion of the test???

Comment

• As far as I can remember they repeatedly ask the same question, but just worded differently. So just make sure you answer truthfully and you shouldn't have a problem with that section.

Comment

• Originally posted by ImmOff View Post
                I think it's normal coz the BI don't know about the hiring process and they don't know whether you fail on the medical/fitness or vbt. That is MHC's responsability.
                Just wondering, why did it take you so long to get a TOS with a 89. You took the test in 07. Did you reapply?

Comment

• Nypd

How does this compare to the NYPD job, salary, pension,vac, sick time (unlimitied) If anyone here was offered both positions which one would you take? Im on both lists, not sure what I would do.

Comment

• looking for action? Chasing people? THe changing of the seasons and being in it. Then Nypd. CBP is much calmer in terms of those

Comment

• It looks like I'm getting ready to get put into TSU for a Montana GS-7 slot.

I'm curious if any of the current Montana CBPO's have any insight to which POE's I might have the opportunity to choose from?
                      CBPO
                      GEO-Montana
                      TEST- 12/08
                      NOR- 1/09 (91 no vet)
                      TO-1/09
                      Med/Fit- 5/09
                      B.I. 3/09
                      VBT-3/09
                      Quals(GS-7)-3/09
                      Referred to TSU-5/22/09
                      EOD-6/22/09
                      FLETC-7/16/09-10/28/09

Comment

• Merlin brought up government housing at I think it was Pigan. That got me to thinking, what is the policy with it. Can family live there? What is the rent? You know general stuff like that. Can anybody fill us in?
                        But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Originally posted by AmericanMan View Post
                          Hello, I was wondering how the last portion of the CBPO exam was graded? are there any right or wrong answers? It seems more like a pysch test to me...whats the best way to do well on this portion of the test???
                          The best way to do well on the psych portion is DONT BE CRAZY.

Comment

• Originally posted by kc12 View Post
                            Merlin brought up government housing at I think it was Pigan. That got me to thinking, what is the policy with it. Can family live there? What is the rent? You know general stuff like that. Can anybody fill us in?

Piegan had/has G-housing, at least as of 2 years ago. ND used to have a bunch of it too, but they phased most of it out 2-3 years ago.

Family, yes. Rent, varied wildly. I think they pretty much negotiated every house differently. Some people paid for utilities, some people had them included. I don't recall exactly what it cost, it was something like $250 a month for a 3 bedroom, 1 bathroom, 1 story house with a basement. Remember, that's living next door to the port...usually pretty much in the middle of nowhere.

What's available for new hires today...I really have no idea.

Comment

• Anyone received TOs for Miami area within last 12 months? What's the timeline? Thanks!

Comment

• Went in TSU for Dulles ( IAD) this past week.
                                Looks Like Dulles is on the move and is calling people.

Let's hope we hear something soon.
                                Will advise....

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 14018 users online. 250 members and 13768 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X