Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hello all. Moving all i think, just wondering if anyone has heard anything in Jersey?
    ___
    CBP
    Written: 10/31/07
    NOR Written: 11/05/07 "99" No pref - GS 5 & 7
    Selection Letter: 01/20/08 GS-7 "New Jersey TBD"
    Package: 01/23/08 Completed and returned
    Medical: Completed
    Fitness: 02/12/08 Passed
    VBT: 03/24/08 Passed
    BI: Completed
    Qualified for GS 7
    Drug Test: Scheduled 04/10/08
    "The Call" 06/18/08 EWR
    EOD 07/07/08
    FLETC 07/28/08

    Comment


    • Originally posted by EWRTSO View Post
      Hello all. Moving all i think, just wondering if anyone has heard anything in Jersey?
      I am basically on the exact same time line as yourself, as is a buddy of mine also in the process for NJ.

      Comment


      • Virgin Islands ??

        Originally posted by JCincy View Post
        Does anyone have any info on the Virgin Islands? Its going to be a huge move and any input would be helpful.
        Wow JCincy, that is a huge move. Have you been there before? I assume you love the sun and the ocean. One thing I can recommend is to bring a lot of sun lotion and money... Virgin Islands cost of living is 33% higher than the mainland. A 2 bedroom apartment is about $1000/month unless you will be offered Government housing. Too bad it's a US teritory, otherwise you would have COLA with your salary and State Department housing(like any other Foreign TDY). Good luck and wish you the best.
        Last edited by matyoka; 03-08-2008, 01:41 PM.
        sigpic

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Squared Away View Post
          I am basically on the exact same time line as yourself, as is a buddy of mine also in the process for NJ.
          Are you in Jersey allready or planning to move there?
          sigpic

          Comment


          • Thanks Matyoka

            Nope never been there before, the cost of living is whats worrying me. I would like to find out if there is OT available like the rest of the ports on the mainland, that would help offset the high cost of living. I guess I have some serious thinking to do this weekend.

            Comment


            • JCincy,

              I would call the number listed for the PORT on the CBP webpage. Anyone responding that call will be able to tell you everything you need to know. OT, work schedules, what kind of teams they have, housing, etc...

              Here are some contact numbers, I am not sure where will you be located:
              Port Code: 5102
              Location Address: Cruz Bay Creek Bulkhead
              St. John, VI 00830
              General Phone: (340) 776-6741

              Port Code: 5104
              Location Address: Henry E. Rohlsen Airport
              Estate Mannings Bay
              Frederiksted, VI 00851
              General Phone: (340) 773-1490

              Port Code: 5101
              Location Address: 5500 Veterans Drive
              St. Thomas, VI 00801
              General Phone: (340) 774-2510 Ext: 221
              sigpic

              Comment


              • Thanks, I will call right now. I was offered GS-7 so I think that I could survive on that .

                Comment


                • medical

                  Anyone get a medical self certification form before getting a job offer (not a t.o, but firm offer)?

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by ford123 View Post
                    Yes, two three day weekends in a row.

                    I have no idea what other ports do, sorry.

                    Maybe we can have some others chime in....
                    re

                    At a land border POE, our shifts are 12-8, 8-4, 4-12. We do two weeks of each. So, depending on what shift you're on, the turnarounds can be short or long. For me, I get the "super long weekend" between mids and evenings. Here is mine...

                    Evenings....off Sunday-Monday. Work Tue-Tue. Off Wed-Thurs. Work Fri-Sat.
                    Days...Work Sun-Thurs. Off Fri-Mon. Work Tue-Sat.
                    Mids....Work Sun-Tue. Off Wed-Thurs. Work Fri-Thurs. Off Fri-Sat and repeat.

                    Comment


                    • going to take the Test for CBP on 3-28-08......Who has the 411 on this test ?


                      Thanks
                      " Never judge others unless you truly know them"

                      Comment


                      • I've registered for the testing process but have a question that I haven't found an answer for yet. Somewhere I saw something about an initial station post along the mexico border. So after the academy, are you required to work first at the souther border before going to your requested location?

                        I really only have interest in this job if I am able to work solely in Anchorage.

                        Also, does this position earn the 25% COLA? I was told it paid well, but from what I've seen the starting pay is fairly low.

                        Thanks,

                        Comment


                        • Can anyone direct to an area where I can inquire with customs as to my status? I received my notice of results from the test back in September, scoring a 92 with no veteran preference. I had heard that I should've gotten my initial packet anywhere from 4-8 weeks after the NOR, but its been about 6 months now.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by lone_wolf025 View Post
                            Can anyone direct to an area where I can inquire with customs as to my status? I received my notice of results from the test back in September, scoring a 92 with no veteran preference. I had heard that I should've gotten my initial packet anywhere from 4-8 weeks after the NOR, but its been about 6 months now.
                            There is no certan regular flow to how we know how the hiring center operates. I tested in Montana with 22 others in November 07. I received my NOR of 104 with VP in December. All others that passed the written receieved their packet in January but not me. They were all scheduled for VBT, med, and fit test within 2 weeks. I still received nothing. I began sending emails and making calls, even spoke with a port supe. I finally received a call; though they had my correct contact information (I received my NOR), someone mailed my packet to an incorrect address. They remailed it and I only had 10 days instead of the normal 21 to get it completed and sent back. 2 days after receiving the packet I received calls scheduling my VBT, med, and fit test. I believe this happened because I was diligent by calling, writing, and contacting a supe at a POE.

                            I would suggest writting and calling leaving messages every day. Just my suggestion. Good luck with that.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by CityTrashman View Post
                              going to take the Test for CBP on 3-28-08......Who has the 411 on this test ?


                              Thanks
                              If you received confirmation of a test date, you should have or will be receiving a study guide, study it. It is math, english grammar, reading comprehension, logical reasoning, and a psyc analysis. They are timed sections. I think total time for the entire test was about 5 hours. A sort of SAT if you ever took one of those in high school.

                              Good luck.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Brader View Post
                                I've registered for the testing process but have a question that I haven't found an answer for yet. Somewhere I saw something about an initial station post along the mexico border. So after the academy, are you required to work first at the souther border before going to your requested location?

                                I really only have interest in this job if I am able to work solely in Anchorage.

                                Also, does this position earn the 25% COLA? I was told it paid well, but from what I've seen the starting pay is fairly low.

                                Thanks,

                                As far as I know, the southern border initial duty station requirement is only for BP agents not CBP officers. I say this as a former BP agent and reading the CBPO FAQs.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 7611 users online. 413 members and 7198 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X