Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think my wife would be interested in coming to orientation. Especially if that is the day I am sworn in. It's a big day in my career, and would love to share it with her. And I agree, the first day you will not be working. Just listening and following directions.
    Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

• Has anyone here experienced failing the VBT and then getting interviwed by the BI. I met my BI yesterday and I did not mention anything about failing my VBT. Is that a problem?

Comment

• Originally posted by nycmike87 View Post
        Either way its your future Job. Dont bring other factors into play. Just do the normal thing and show up "ready to work". That should also be on the papers you received with your reporting papers. If you want your spouse to come tell them ok, but when i graduate. Which makes more sense, because you not completely done yet, Do you get what im trying to say?

Not trying to stomp on your hope of what you were trying to do. Just stating a point.
        I'm starting to assume that your POE didn't give you that OPTION. I can't think of what you mean by don't bring other factors into play when I'm married...Lol My wife is a always going to be a factor in my career with the exception of going to work for me every day! It's not what I'm trying to do, it's what has been offered to new hires out here...

Comment

• i was really surprised at what my BI didn't know about the hiring process, and who he has not interviewed. He asked me if I had ever taken a drug test, a month before I had just checked CASS to see that I had of course passed the one I took for this job. My best friends have not been contacted either, though they weren't put down as references though, no one else has referred to them.

Comment

• on the last announcement it said something like if you chose certain area, you had a better chance of getting hired. AZ was one of them. does that mean i get called and hired faster or just my chances are better? in that, any chance of getting phoenix or tucson?

Comment

• Originally posted by CIB_CAMP View Post
              Has anyone here experienced failing the VBT and then getting interviwed by the BI. I met my BI yesterday and I did not mention anything about failing my VBT. Is that a problem?
              I would think that if he found out he might be annoyed that you wasted his time. You'll be lucky if you don't get a bill from CBP for the expense of hiring a contractor to come out and meet you not to mention going to see your references and all the paperwork involved. Besides all that why would you want to go through with meeting the BI if you failed the VBT and are not eligible for the job!?!? Couldn't you find a better way to spend the afternoon besides answering deeply personal questions to a stranger for a job you cant have?
              Last edited by imlikeaninja; 05-01-2009, 03:25 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by CIB_CAMP View Post
                Has anyone here experienced failing the VBT and then getting interviwed by the BI. I met my BI yesterday and I did not mention anything about failing my VBT. Is that a problem?
                I think it's normal coz the BI don't know about the hiring process and they don't know whether you fail on the medical/fitness or vbt. That is MHC's responsability.
                CBPO
                Test:--------------3/12/07 (89%)
                TO:--------------- 1/29/09
                Medical/Fitness:--- 3/2/09 (Passed, CASS updated 3/10/09)
                Drug Test:--------- Not Required (to my surprise on CASS 3/10/09).
                VBT:-------------- 3/11/09 (Passed, CASS updated 4/2/09)
                Pre-Empt Forms:--- Pending....
                BI:---------------- Pending....
                Quals:------------- Pending....

Comment

• Originally posted by imlikeaninja View Post
                  I would think that if he found out he might be annoyed that you wasted his time. You'll be lucky if you don't get a bill from CBP for the expense of hiring a contractor to come out and meet you not to mention going to see your references and all the paperwork involved. Besides all that why would you want to go through with meeting the BI if you failed the VBT and are not eligible for the job!?!? Couldn't you find a better way to spend the afternoon besides answering deeply personal questions to a stranger for a job you cant have?
                  You shouldn't be saying that, some people have personal problems and they can't thing on the spot like he metion on earlier posts.
                  CBPO
                  Test:--------------3/12/07 (89%)
                  TO:--------------- 1/29/09
                  Medical/Fitness:--- 3/2/09 (Passed, CASS updated 3/10/09)
                  Drug Test:--------- Not Required (to my surprise on CASS 3/10/09).
                  VBT:-------------- 3/11/09 (Passed, CASS updated 4/2/09)
                  Pre-Empt Forms:--- Pending....
                  BI:---------------- Pending....
                  Quals:------------- Pending....

Comment

• Originally posted by brave52000 View Post
                    This question is posed to anyone that has any any familiarity with the POE's in Montana.

If you could pick any port to work at in Montana which would you choose and why?

I should be put into TSU very shortly and I'm starting to prepare for which port I'm going to take, I know I won't be offered all of them, I'm just gathering as much info as possible. There is very little information online, and I was hoping for some first hand experience.
                    I went on TDY 2 years ago in Montana.

To answer your question, Piegan and Roosville. Why...because they're both fairly busy smaller ports which are not all that far from something resembling civilization, Montana/Alberta-wise.

Then again, I don't have to live there...you do. What exactly are you looking for?
                    quiet or not so quiet...
                    cheap or not so cheap...
                    rural or brutally rural...

Sweetgrass is the busiest port. Eastern MT is pretty much empty and uneventful. Raymond, Roosville and Sweetgrass are the only 24 hour ports.

Comment

• To the new crew on this Forum that just took the test for this last announcement and the one waiting to take it Good Luck to us and let's stay in touch thru the whole process, we can do it!

Can any one who already met their BI tell me how the process is and pretty much what they ask or look forward too? I know everyone's Background is different but for this job specific what are they looking into?
                      CBPO-MIA/FL
                      Written: 4/30/09
                      NOR: 6/01/09 (82%)
                      TO: pending

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                        I went on TDY 2 years ago in Montana.

To answer your question, Piegan and Roosville. Why...because they're both fairly busy smaller ports which are not all that far from something resembling civilization, Montana/Alberta-wise.

Then again, I don't have to live there...you do. What exactly are you looking for?
                        quiet or not so quiet...
                        cheap or not so cheap...
                        rural or brutally rural...
                        I'm looking for something reasonably close to civilization, probably like an hour or so is fine. I'm not looking for dirt cheap housing, but at first glance online, Eureka looks fairly expensive given its still a small town.

Any tips on where to live if I chose either Piegan or Roosville?
                        CBPO
                        GEO-Montana
                        TEST- 12/08
                        NOR- 1/09 (91 no vet)
                        TO-1/09
                        Med/Fit- 5/09
                        B.I. 3/09
                        VBT-3/09
                        Quals(GS-7)-3/09
                        Referred to TSU-5/22/09
                        EOD-6/22/09
                        FLETC-7/16/09-10/28/09

Comment

• Hello! Anybody currently waiting for TO for Miami Area? Did someone recently received one and how long it took to receive TO after the test?
                          I took an exam and received 97 on 8/08 for PA; and recently switched geo. code to Miami. Thanks!

Comment

• Anyone on here select the Boston/Massachusetts geographical area? Have not seen a single post about that area.

Comment

• Originally posted by dimitri771 View Post
                              Hello! Anybody currently waiting for TO for Miami Area? Did someone recently received one and how long it took to receive TO after the test?
                              I took an exam and received 97 on 8/08 for PA; and recently switched geo. code to Miami. Thanks!
                              Please refer to page 1, and go from there . There's mountains of information here, but it'd probably be best to start at the beginning.
                              "When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle."

Comment

• Originally posted by AmahastPL View Post
                                Got the call

To the person who ‘stole’ (!) my spot for Norfolk, VA two weeks ago – thank you!

Today I’ve got my own spot and exactly what I wanted, too! Dulles Airport – Class 957, EOD June 1st!

Thank you all for the inspiration and moral support!

merlin436:: 135i:: Leen:: BM150280:: TPA3312:: genolrd:: 500pearl:: yoda:: imlikeaninja:: willia9v:: tippmann87

Mike
                                CONGRATS and GOODLUCK!
                                "When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6517 users online. 377 members and 6140 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X