300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Day 29 in TSU.
    ICE IEA Philadelphia FO (Dingmans Ferry, PA)
    Written: 5/15/08
    NOR: 5/20/08
    TO: 10/28/08
    Medical/Drug Test: Cleared from CBP
    Fitness: 2/02/09
    BI: 3/15/09
    OB: 4/24
    EOD: 7/27
    FLETC: 7/29 (Class 928)

CBPO Pennsylvania
    Written: 3/15/08
    NOR: 4/2/08
    TO: 5/22/08
    Pre-Emp Forms: 6/2/08
    Fitness/Medical: 6/18/08
    VBT: 6/30/08
    Drug Test: 7/10/08
    Quals: (GS-7) 7/23/08
    Met w/ BI: 9/24/08
    BI submitted: 10/10/08
    TSU: 4/2/09
    Removed from TSU (med/fit): 6/4
    EOD:

Comment

• just checked my cass what does t mean when it says my case is in the security office? will i be contacted by the BI soon?
      "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem." President Ronald Reagan.

Comment

• Originally posted by NJNJ View Post
        Just curious, why would anyone bring their spouse to work?
        uhhhh, because you have that option on your 1st day of orientation, SPOUSES ARE WELCOMED according to my packet! 1st day is not really work....

Comment

• I'm beginning to think that my background investigator doesn't like me =( haha, stiiiiiiiill waiting to hear from a BI. I know, I know, i've only been waiting a few months, but the wait is KILLING ME!!!!!
          Written: 12-11-08
          Medical: 3-28-09 Pending
          B.I.: 5-21-09 pending

Comment

• Originally posted by imlikeaninja View Post
            Yup june 2 11am Varick st. See you there.
            nice...see you there...I'm going with 2 of my friends as well...

Ill hold up a sign "imlikeaninja" lol
            TSU - 8/28/09
            TO - 3/2009
            On the job

Comment

• Originally posted by NJNJ View Post
              Did you get a TOS from JFK or when you switched your geo prefrence
              I got the TO when I switched the Geo...like I said before..if you're wondering if you can get the TO faster just because you switched Geo, dont count on it...
              TSU - 8/28/09
              TO - 3/2009
              On the job

Comment

• Originally posted by FreeAgent View Post
                uhhhh, because you have that option on your 1st day of orientation, SPOUSES ARE WELCOMED according to my packet! 1st day is not really work....

That's odd!
                CBPO
                Test: July 2008
                TO: 12/26/08
                VBT 1/21/09-passed
                Medical - 1/21/09 - cleared 4/28
                Fitness - 1/21/09 - passed
                Drug test - 2/5/09- passed
                BI - Cleared
                TSU -4/29/09 (Buffalo)
                BI2 - cleared 8/11

ICE Special Agent
                Test 7/22/09 passed

Comment

• Originally posted by Cbpstyle View Post
                  Bc it's hands on LEO more pay and similar to US Marshalls work
                  Not really convinced it's more money but I could be wrong. It starts a little more than CBP but tt only goes to a GS 9 and CBP is GS11. I could be wrong but that is what I'm getting from the 2 announcements.
                  CBPO
                  VBT 1/21/09-passed
                  BI - Cleared
                  TSU -4/29/09 (Buffalo)
                  BI2 - cleared 8/11

ICE Special Agent
                  Test 7/22/09 passed

Comment

• Originally posted by bflogirl View Post
                    That's odd!
                    What's odd about it?

Comment

What's odd about it?
                      To bring your spouse to your first day on the job? You don't find that strange? I do but that's just me. I don't think I'd want to bring my husband to my first day on the job. Would you?
                      CBPO
                      VBT 1/21/09-passed
                      BI - Cleared
                      TSU -4/29/09 (Buffalo)
                      BI2 - cleared 8/11

ICE Special Agent
                      Test 7/22/09 passed

Comment

• Originally posted by 500pearl View Post
                        quick question for all of you IEA guys, it's basically a jailer position, correct? it involves transporting, apprehending, securing, deporting? fugitive retrieval kind of deal? also highi school GED requirements or a ba/bs. less stringent requirements (educational and experience) than Special Agent and CBP officer, correct? just would like all of your experiences and reasons for applying for IEA when CBP seems like the better choice (for those who don't mind sharing their reasons). thanks
                        GED? You need 3 years experience or a bachelors degree for a GS5 for the IEA gig. From what I hear there is not much in the way of corrections type stuff and it involves mostly transport of criminal aliens and going to jails to interview them and figure out who needs to be deported. The pay seems comparable if not more and it may be a good foot in the door for an ICE 1811 spot later on. Also there is opportunity for travel or at least moving around to different places in NYC (even if its just from jail to office to court and back) instead of just working inside the airport everyday for the next 20 years. Don't get me wrong I like florescent lighting as much as the next guy but fresh air is nice too sometimes.

The way I figure CBP you deal with the general public and try and find out who is a criminal. IEA you deal with criminals and figure out which are the dangerous ones and what to do with them.

But forget all that. Your right it sounds TERRIBLE. No one put in for it. Especially if you are going for NYC and are gonna score higher than me. Forget you even heard about it!
                        Last edited by imlikeaninja; 05-01-2009, 03:28 PM. Reason: made it more betterer

Comment

Hey nycmike87, how many new officers where there on your 1st day of orientation? Did anyone bring there spouses that you noticed? I have my 1st day out here at SFO on the 18th,trying to get an idea of how many they usually call.
                          i have 13 people with me more next week also. And why would you bring a spouse? This is your first day of work. Its your Job not theirs lol. ..... Dont bring your spouse or anyone else, just yourself in a suit when the time comes.

Comment

• Actually bringing your spouse on your first day of work is kind of interesting. It allows them to meet you co-workers/supervisors bosses. I can see where it could make for a more family friendly environment as far as work goes. The boss could kind of give a small orientation for the spouses as to whats going on. What other job requires you to go away for several months when you are first hired. I don't think my wife would go, but it is kind of an interesting idea.
                            But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Originally posted by bflogirl View Post
                              To bring your spouse to your first day on the job? You don't find that strange? I do but that's just me. I don't think I'd want to bring my husband to my first day on the job. Would you?
                              Well... I'm not sure if any one has! I ask because in my packet it state's that "spouses are welcomed to attend" it might be that every POE has it's own criteria. Again I wouldn't know! No I wouldn't find it strange, if someone is just filling out paperwork all day. Maybe CBP out here doesn't mind introducing significant others as to what kind of work they will be doing exactly. I highly doubt that the 1st day of orientation as they call it will be WORK!!!

Comment

• Either way its your future Job. Dont bring other factors into play. Just do the normal thing and show up "ready to work". That should also be on the papers you received with your reporting papers. If you want your spouse to come tell them ok, but when i graduate. Which makes more sense, because you not completely done yet, Do you get what im trying to say?

Not trying to stomp on your hope of what you were trying to do. Just stating a point.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12228 users online. 448 members and 11780 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X