Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A couple weeks before you graduate from FLETC, your training officers will receive a final list of who's backgrounds have actually cleared all the way through.

Some officers graduate to only give back the badge at the end of the ceremony.
    What if quotas did exist?!

Comment

• Originally posted by ExSDSO View Post
      A couple weeks before you graduate from FLETC, your training officers will receive a final list of who's backgrounds have actually cleared all the way through.

That is why I want to find out now. I don't want to quit my job if I'm not going to be cleared....really I don't SEE a reason why I woulnd't be but you never know. That also seems like a big waste of money to put someone through training only to have them not be able to go on the job (yeah I know it's the Govt but still)
      CBPO
      Test: July 2008
      TO: 12/26/08
      VBT 1/21/09-passed
      Medical - 1/21/09 - cleared 4/28
      Fitness - 1/21/09 - passed
      Drug test - 2/5/09- passed
      BI - Cleared
      TSU -4/29/09 (Buffalo)
      BI2 - cleared 8/11

ICE Special Agent
      Test 7/22/09 passed

Comment

• Originally posted by ExSDSO View Post
        A couple weeks before you graduate from FLETC, your training officers will receive a final list of who's backgrounds have actually cleared all the way through.

Also, it can be checked in TECS. Can't remember what screen, maybe the "20" screen? When I was there my TECS instructor would check for us.

Also, during Pre-FLETC, TECS won't let you do the NCIC training unless your background is cleared.

Comment

• Originally posted by bflogirl View Post
          That is why I want to find out now. I don't want to quit my job if I'm not going to be cleared....really I don't SEE a reason why I woulnd't be but you never know. That also seems like a big waste of money to put someone through training only to have them not be able to go on the job (yeah I know it's the Govt but still)
          Very, very, very few people do not clear before Graduation. I had a few people in my class who cleared the week before Graduation. Also, I had a classmate that received and beat a NOPA while there.

Comment

• I really think that Fletc is full and that is why we are here in TSU land...once the classes at Fletc graduate...the phones will start ringing...please don't kill my joy...let me dream...
            Last edited by Federalyhood; 04-30-2009, 11:44 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by czech View Post
              Just got a call from TSU. They schedule me for EOD on 6/1, and FLETC on 7/1. I want to thank everyone on this forum for the info and support they have been giving. For those of you who haven't gotten the call yet, hang in there! Patience is a virtue.

Did they offer you Dulles?

Comment

• Originally posted by tippmann87 View Post
                Ugh, my luck they'll be making calls tomorrow for Virginia and I've been removed from TSU for something stupid......

Man I have the worst luck. I was removed from TSU for couple days so they could get a form, they put me back on 4/29/09. I KNEW someone would get called for Dulles, I called it and posted it a few pages back. I was in TSU on 3/19 and the guy that got called was in TSU on 4/9

Comment

• Brutal man. Hang in there.
                  Geo: Illinois
                  Test Score: 94
                  Quals: GS-7
                  T.O.: 8/7/2007
                  Referred to Schedule EOD

"Theirs not to make reply, Theirs not to reason why, Theirs but to do and die"

Comment

• Hi Guys!!!

So, it has been a REALLY long time since I have posted here, but I have some new questions. I just checked CASS today and all the items have now changed to COMPLETED!!! yay!

1. What has been the average times that people have noticed on how long the wait is for the call?

2. My wife is pregnant and is due in August. If I were to get "the call" within the next few months, do you think they would delay my entry until after my child is born?

Thanks for any advice/help you guys might have...

Patience is a virtue

Comment

• CASS seems to be down at the moment and I need to get my fix... dammit...
                      CBPO Timeline
                      Geo: Virginia and D.C. Test: 12/10/08
                      NOR: 12/20/08 (86%) TO: 02/02/09
                      Forms: 02/11/09 VBT: 02/25/09
                      Medical: 03/03/09 Fitness: 03/03/09
                      Drug Test: 03/12/09 Qualifications: 03/26/09
                      BI: 04/09/09 (my B-day gift!)
                      Met with Investigator: 04/15/09 TSU: 04/10/09
                      The Call: 05/01/09 10.30am
                      EOD: 06/01/09 -- Dulles Airport
                      FLETC: 07/01/09 -- Class 957
                      Graduation: 10/14/09

Comment

• [QUOTE=SevenSixTwo;1792031]Hi Guys!!!

So, it has been a REALLY long time since I have posted here, but I have some new questions. I just checked CASS today and all the items have now changed to COMPLETED!!! yay!

1. What has been the average times that people have noticed on how long the wait is for the call?

2. My wife is pregnant and is due in August. If I were to get "the call" within the next few months, do you think they would delay my entry until after my child is born?

Thanks for any advice/help you guys might have...

7.62[/QUOTE

I have heard of three cases, personally, that MHC delayed for any number of reasons. One friend had been working at the same place for 14 years and really liked the people there and felt bad leaving on such short notice. They gave him an extra month without batting an eye. I would say the birth of a child would definitely qualify for some extra time at home. Though, if you've read much of this forum, you realize there seems to be little rhyme, reason, or logic to anything in the process, at all. So never stop expecting the worst. That way you'll be prepared. But, if you were to force me to put money on it, I would place the bet in your favor. Pre-congratulations by the way.

Comment

• Originally posted by tippmann87 View Post
                          Did they offer you Dulles?
                          yes, that's what they offered me. I am sure you will get a call soon, since you have been referred to EOD way before I did
                          Last edited by czech; 05-01-2009, 07:41 AM.
                          Geo. preference: VA (Dulles)
                          Written - 12/10/08
                          NOR - 12/16/08
                          TO - 2/2/09
                          VBT - 3/3/09
                          Medical/Fitness - 3/9/09
                          Drug Test - 3/19/09
                          BI - 4/1/09
                          TSU - 4/9/09
                          EOD - 6/1/09
                          FLETC - 7/1/09

Comment

• Hello everyone, I'm new at this Forum but i have been reading everyone's post and gathered a lot of information I wanted to hear, thanks. Anyway I just took my written test yesterday and let me tell everyone out there that has not taken this test yet just be focus and relaxed is the only way you can concentrate, and be ready to read a LOT. I had a lot of trouble in the Math part but from what I have read I'm not the only one.
                            CBPO-MIA/FL
                            Written: 4/30/09
                            NOR: 6/01/09 (82%)
                            TO: pending

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
                              I called IA this morning and was told that my file was waiting to be reviewed by the higher up's... in other words it's been sitting on someone's desk since it was moved forward a month and a half ago by the my adjudicator's supervisor. It really is very frustrating to see so many blow through the process while my file is on someone's desk!...
                              Oh well... at this point there is really nothing I can do but wait.
                              I know how you feel man.

Comment

• Did anyone applied for Miami? I want to stay in town that's why I picked MIA but if I get any offer besides Miami I will take it as long is in Florida. I've been told from some officers that I know that we have to take this as a one time opportunity and take any chances CBP offers you to get your foot in and start your career. MIA is my preference but having more than just one place to go work at, is more chances you will get a call after the whole hiring process. Those offering you and different place than your GEO preference is one way of letting us know they are interested and the best chance we have of getting that important call at the end of all this nerve wrecking months.
                                CBPO-MIA/FL
                                Written: 4/30/09
                                NOR: 6/01/09 (82%)
                                TO: pending

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5341 users online. 402 members and 4939 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X