Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyway to find out how many openings there are at a specfic port.

Comment

• Originally posted by bflogirl View Post
      Hang in there! It might be because of being in PR that it's taking longer. They say it can take up to 8 weeks. I highly doubt you failed.
      Thanks for your faith, let's hope that I passed !

Comment

• Originally posted by TPA3312 View Post
        If your security requirement says completed and you have not met with a background investigator, it is only an interim.
        Right I realilze that. That is what happened to me but I met with the investigator shortly after. I have no idea if it's still an interim clearance or a full clearance.
        CBPO
        Test: July 2008
        TO: 12/26/08
        VBT 1/21/09-passed
        Medical - 1/21/09 - cleared 4/28
        Fitness - 1/21/09 - passed
        Drug test - 2/5/09- passed
        BI - Cleared
        TSU -4/29/09 (Buffalo)
        BI2 - cleared 8/11

ICE Special Agent
        Test 7/22/09 passed

Comment

• Originally posted by bulldog777 View Post
          Hey JDNoble81,

Did you BI transfer over from CBP to ICE for your two apps? Also, it looks like you had to take another fitness test for ICE. I thought the pre-employment fitness test was the same for both.

Just wondering because I just registered to take the written for an IEA position under the current annoucement.

Thanks,
          The only thing that transferred from CBP to ICE was the medical and drug test since they were less than a year old. The fitness test is different.

The BI didn't carry over. My CBP BI didn't clear until 4/1. In Feb, I was sent a pre-employment inquiry from ICE regarding some issues in my past that I had to address. I addressed them and sent the paperwork back. A few weeks later, my background showed on their system in Dallas as cleared. However, its only an interm since I have not met with a BI for the IEA position.

Good luck on the exam.
          Last edited by JDNoble81; 04-30-2009, 03:43 PM.
          ICE IEA Philadelphia FO (Dingmans Ferry, PA)
          Written: 5/15/08
          NOR: 5/20/08
          TO: 10/28/08
          Medical/Drug Test: Cleared from CBP
          Fitness: 2/02/09
          BI: 3/15/09
          OB: 4/24
          EOD: 7/27
          FLETC: 7/29 (Class 928)

CBPO Pennsylvania
          Written: 3/15/08
          NOR: 4/2/08
          TO: 5/22/08
          Pre-Emp Forms: 6/2/08
          Fitness/Medical: 6/18/08
          VBT: 6/30/08
          Drug Test: 7/10/08
          Quals: (GS-7) 7/23/08
          Met w/ BI: 9/24/08
          BI submitted: 10/10/08
          TSU: 4/2/09
          Removed from TSU (med/fit): 6/4
          EOD:

Comment

• Originally posted by NJNJ View Post
            Anyway to find out how many openings there are at a specfic port.
            Ask someone in the port's management. They ought to know what "fully staffed" is for their port.

As an applicant...knowing that really isn't going to do you much good. What you need is a funded training slot to open up for you. You need to graduate from the academy before you can fill an opening.

Comment

Right I realilze that. That is what happened to me but I met with the investigator shortly after. I have no idea if it's still an interim clearance or a full clearance.

There is no easy way that I know of to tell if you have a provisional clearance or not.

I'd send an email and ask...if you really want to know. If you've already EOD'd your supervisor ought to be able to look it up for you.

Comment

I agree with merlin, the only almost sure fire way to know is either email or call the hiring center. I had an interim for customs, but went though the full process for BP. When the full clearance for BP was granted I called the hiring center to confirm the full clearance was transferred over to customs, and a lady there was able to look it up on my file.

I say almost since sometimes when I call the hiring center I get someone who knows what they are talking about. And sometimes I get someone who seems to be new.
                Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

• Personally, I'd stay away from calling people unless you really need to. Calling makes people drop what they're doing to answer the phone. That slow things down.

Email instead. They can work on/answer email during down time.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                    Personally, I'd stay away from calling people unless you really need to. Calling makes people drop what they're doing to answer the phone. That slow things down.

Email instead. They can work on/answer email during down time.
                    Thank you! I think I will do just that.
                    CBPO
                    Test: July 2008
                    TO: 12/26/08
                    VBT 1/21/09-passed
                    Medical - 1/21/09 - cleared 4/28
                    Fitness - 1/21/09 - passed
                    Drug test - 2/5/09- passed
                    BI - Cleared
                    TSU -4/29/09 (Buffalo)
                    BI2 - cleared 8/11

ICE Special Agent
                    Test 7/22/09 passed

Comment

• Sorry, I meant to quote!

See next post
                      Last edited by brave52000; 04-30-2009, 05:58 PM.
                      CBPO
                      GEO-Montana
                      TEST- 12/08
                      NOR- 1/09 (91 no vet)
                      TO-1/09
                      Med/Fit- 5/09
                      B.I. 3/09
                      VBT-3/09
                      Quals(GS-7)-3/09
                      Referred to TSU-5/22/09
                      EOD-6/22/09
                      FLETC-7/16/09-10/28/09

Comment

How do you know just by looking at CASS that your BI fully cleared and not just Interim?
                        In the hopes of stalling long enough to get a new TO for Colorado I asked for my background to not show cleared in CASS until it was fully cleared and adjudicated. The next day it went from "Completed" to "Pending", and it remained there for a couple weeks. Today it changed back to "Completed", and thus that should mean it has been fully completed.
                        CBPO
                        GEO-Montana
                        TEST- 12/08
                        NOR- 1/09 (91 no vet)
                        TO-1/09
                        Med/Fit- 5/09
                        B.I. 3/09
                        VBT-3/09
                        Quals(GS-7)-3/09
                        Referred to TSU-5/22/09
                        EOD-6/22/09
                        FLETC-7/16/09-10/28/09

Comment

• This past week has been busy for me. My Pre-Employment forms cleared CASS on Tuesday, I completed the medical/fitness yesterday, and just came home from taking the VBT today. A quick question for those who have received a TO and subsequently reapplied under a new announcement for the purpose of changing your geographic location. If/when you receive your new TO, does MHC send you a full packet? And if so, are you required to resend all of the forms (EQIP, Pre-Emp, etc.)? My guess is no - but how does MHC confirm that you accept the new TO (with geo-change) if you do not have to redo all of the forms? This question is moot if the new TO is not a full packet and just confirms your geo-change.

Comment

• Originally posted by junito9210 View Post
                            Everybody seems to get the results soon, I took it on march 25 and nothing yet ! I call MHC to check on and they told me that they don't have it ! Any idea ? Waiting too long to failed it ?
                            My results took about 2 months. Don't sweat it.

Comment

• Originally posted by junito9210 View Post
                              Everybody seems to get the results soon, I took it on march 25 and nothing yet ! I call MHC to check on and they told me that they don't have it ! Any idea ? Waiting too long to failed it ?
                              Wow brutha, make yourself a whiskey and coke I think we're all in the wait boat for one reason or another. You just gotta stay in the boat and be patient. Getting anxious will only lead to an ulcer
                              "When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle."

Comment

• Its been 6 1/2 months since I met my investigator, he finished the whole backround within a day. Said It looked good.

But here I sit...still. Starting to lose hope....

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3729 users online. 256 members and 3473 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X