300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NJNJ View Post
    Merlin I knew the difference regarding the names, but what is the differnce in their jobs? Is one betterthan the other?
    Yoda answered your question, not I.

Border Patrol Agents work between the Ports of Entry. It'll depend, but generally BPA work involves catching illegal aliens or some other type of smuggling. Customs and Border Protection Officers work at the Ports of Entry. It'll depend, but generally CBPO work inspecting goods and people who legitimately enter the US.

Do yourself a favor, search both terms and study up on both positions on this board. There's at least one large BP thread currently active.

"Better" is subjective. One man's "better is an other man's "worse".
    Last edited by merlin436; 04-30-2009, 01:37 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JDNoble81 View Post
      Yoda, I can't imagine what you're going through. Your silence around here lately tells me nothing has changed. That has to be tough to handle.
      I called IA this morning and was told that my file was waiting to be reviewed by the higher up's... in other words it's been sitting on someone's desk since it was moved forward a month and a half ago by the my adjudicator's supervisor. It really is very frustrating to see so many blow through the process while my file is on someone's desk!...
      Oh well... at this point there is really nothing I can do but wait.
      CBPO
      Written: 08/29/2007
      EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by junito9210 View Post
        When did you take the VBT ?
        April 7th
        Last edited by USMC0844; 04-30-2009, 02:03 PM.
        CBPO East Texas
        TO: 3/3/09
        Pre-Emp Forms: 3/26/09
        Fitness: 4/6/09 -Passed
        Medical: 4/6/09 -Passed
        VBT: 4/7/09 -Passed
        Quals: (GS-7) 4/10/09 -Verified
        Drug Test: 4/17/09 -Passed
        BI: 8/27/09 -Cleared
        TSU: 8/27/09
        FCRA: 05/19/10
        BI Update: 6/16/10

Comment

• Originally posted by ifoCBP View Post
          This whole hiring process is driving me crazy. I have been in this process for over two years. I work for DHS, already have a security clearance, have a B.A. was in the military, and my background is clean. I went to TSU just recently. I know someone who has never held down a steady job, drinks to much, has no education, lied on his application about his past. He took the test 3 months ago, met with his BI one month ago, and was just sent to TSU for the same location I applied. He didn’t qualify for GS-5 none the less GS-7 and he got GS-7. The Minneapolis hiring center called him and advised him on how to re-write his job experience so he could clear GS-7. While meeting with his BI he began telling the investigator about his past and the things he did wrong and the investigator advised him to “keep those things to himself or he would not get the job” I met with my BI for 5 hours and nothing was left uncovered. This guy met with his BI for 1 hour and was advised to lie. My BI was in the security office for over 8 months, his was in there for a month. I have said it before. This whole thing is a crap shoot.
          This post should make people use the "I've been waiting WEEKS for my such and such," much less frequently. I was guilty of the same mistake but after seeing posts such as this one or yoda's, I felt like a heel complaining about my "wait" and I've changed my tune. Please, all new apps, re-read this and search through some of yoda's HUNDREDS of posts here to get an idea of how long and illogical this whole process can be before complaining about why you haven't received results for something you did weeks ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by DirtStyx View Post
            This post should make people use the "I've been waiting WEEKS for my such and such," much less frequently. I was guilty of the same mistake but after seeing posts such as this one or yoda's, I felt like a heel complaining about my "wait" and I've changed my tune. Please, all new apps, re-read this and search through some of yoda's HUNDREDS of posts here to get an idea of how long and illogical this whole process can be before complaining about why you haven't received results for something you did weeks ago.
            That story is typical of this process and doesn't surprise me a bit.

Styx... +1 to what you said.
            ICE IEA Philadelphia FO (Dingmans Ferry, PA)
            Written: 5/15/08
            NOR: 5/20/08
            TO: 10/28/08
            Medical/Drug Test: Cleared from CBP
            Fitness: 2/02/09
            BI: 3/15/09
            OB: 4/24
            EOD: 7/27
            FLETC: 7/29 (Class 928)

CBPO Pennsylvania
            Written: 3/15/08
            NOR: 4/2/08
            TO: 5/22/08
            Pre-Emp Forms: 6/2/08
            Fitness/Medical: 6/18/08
            VBT: 6/30/08
            Drug Test: 7/10/08
            Quals: (GS-7) 7/23/08
            Met w/ BI: 9/24/08
            BI submitted: 10/10/08
            TSU: 4/2/09
            Removed from TSU (med/fit): 6/4
            EOD:

Comment

• An 18-24-30 month process between testing and EOD used to be pretty much the norm back 5-6 years ago.

The process isn't fast and it isn't put into place to benefit the applicant, but to benefit Uncle Sugar.

It's only purpose is to ultimately hire thousands of new trainees from a pool of 10's of thousands of applicants.

Comment

• Originally posted by girly View Post
                I have three girls ages 5, 6 , and 8. My husband will care for them while I am gone and I have my laptop so I will be taking that, and using the webcam to call home daily.

I think it is important to prepare them, my children have known for months that mom was trying to get a new job and that she might have to go away for awhile.

I have started them on a new routine so that it will be easier on dad while I am gone. They get there own breakfast, clothes, and are starting to learn to do their own hair.

I am looking into babysitting for them while my husband is at work, I am looking into friends and family, or a summer day camp.

I am preparring a binder with anything I can think that he may ask for, divided by each child. such as their shoe sizes and what size pants or tops they wear. also who has what allergies ( stuff he knows but forgets sometimes). What insurance coverage they have, and the numbers to each. Also I need to set up a power of attorney for my husband and my mother because he is not biologically my kids dad, there dad has major issues with crack coccaine and with a power of attorney it will be hard for him to just show up and take them. so the attorney information will be in there. I am also going to give him some quick and easy recipes since I am the cook of the family and he will have to take on that role when no one comes over and cooks for them.

That is all I can think of, I have been in organization mode since entering TSU. I want to make it as easy as possible for him and the kids, normally I am not this organized lol. I hope this answers your question, it will be hard to leave them but just remeber it will be worth it in the end and in my case it will be what is best for the family.

I am not a parent but this is a great idea for all those that are.

Comment

• Just got a call from TSU. They schedule me for EOD on 6/1, and FLETC on 7/1. I want to thank everyone on this forum for the info and support they have been giving. For those of you who haven't gotten the call yet, hang in there! Patience is a virtue.
                  Geo. preference: VA (Dulles)
                  Written - 12/10/08
                  NOR - 12/16/08
                  TO - 2/2/09
                  VBT - 3/3/09
                  Medical/Fitness - 3/9/09
                  Drug Test - 3/19/09
                  BI - 4/1/09
                  TSU - 4/9/09
                  EOD - 6/1/09
                  FLETC - 7/1/09

Comment

• Originally posted by USMC0844 View Post
                    April 7th

Everybody seems to get the results soon, I took it on march 25 and nothing yet ! I call MHC to check on and they told me that they don't have it ! Any idea ? Waiting too long to failed it ?

Comment

• Hey JDNoble81,

Did you BI transfer over from CBP to ICE for your two apps? Also, it looks like you had to take another fitness test for ICE. I thought the pre-employment fitness test was the same for both.

Just wondering because I just registered to take the written for an IEA position under the current annoucement.

Thanks,
                      CBPO
                      Tested - 8/21/08
                      TO - 9/23/08
                      TSU - 12/23/08
                      Geo Pref - Eastern TX

Comment

• Originally posted by czech View Post
                        Just got a call from TSU. They schedule me for EOD on 6/1, and FLETC on 7/1. I want to thank everyone on this forum for the info and support they have been giving. For those of you who haven't gotten the call yet, hang in there! Patience is a virtue.
                        Congrats on getting the call. It's good to see at least somebody is getting called.
                        Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

• Originally posted by czech View Post
                          Just got a call from TSU. They schedule me for EOD on 6/1, and FLETC on 7/1. I want to thank everyone on this forum for the info and support they have been giving. For those of you who haven't gotten the call yet, hang in there! Patience is a virtue.
                          Wow TSU for less than a month is great! I just entered TSU yesterday so I hope to have the same story! Good luck maybe I'll see you on the job/FLETC!
                          CBPO
                          Test: July 2008
                          TO: 12/26/08
                          VBT 1/21/09-passed
                          Medical - 1/21/09 - cleared 4/28
                          Fitness - 1/21/09 - passed
                          Drug test - 2/5/09- passed
                          BI - Cleared
                          TSU -4/29/09 (Buffalo)
                          BI2 - cleared 8/11

ICE Special Agent
                          Test 7/22/09 passed

Comment

• Originally posted by brave52000 View Post
                            I reapplied under the new announcement for Colorado, as I feel like Montana might make things difficult to move onto another agency. I just checked
                            CASS and my background has been fully cleared, not just interim, and all thats left is my medical. I had to clear up a medical issue and that information was sent away last week, so I'm guessing that'll clear fairly quickly. So I'm wondering if its still possible to get a new TO in after being put into TSU, but before my EOD?

Also, is there anyone currently working in Montana that would be willing to share their thoughts on how difficult it would be to pursue my current applications with BPA and IEA. I'm concerned about location to testing, etc.
                            How do you know just by looking at CASS that your BI fully cleared and not just Interim?
                            CBPO
                            VBT 1/21/09-passed
                            BI - Cleared
                            TSU -4/29/09 (Buffalo)
                            BI2 - cleared 8/11

ICE Special Agent
                            Test 7/22/09 passed

Comment

• Originally posted by junito9210 View Post
                              Everybody seems to get the results soon, I took it on march 25 and nothing yet ! I call MHC to check on and they told me that they don't have it ! Any idea ? Waiting too long to failed it ?
                              Hang in there! It might be because of being in PR that it's taking longer. They say it can take up to 8 weeks. I highly doubt you failed.
                              CBPO
                              VBT 1/21/09-passed
                              BI - Cleared
                              TSU -4/29/09 (Buffalo)
                              BI2 - cleared 8/11

ICE Special Agent
                              Test 7/22/09 passed

Comment

• Originally posted by bflogirl View Post
                                How do you know just by looking at CASS that your BI fully cleared and not just Interim?
                                If your security requirement says completed and you have not met with a background investigator, it is only an interim.
                                Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 17968 users online. 502 members and 17466 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X