300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by imlikeaninja View Post
    I also reapplied under the last announcement and am waiting for my NOR. I'm pretty sure we have to wait till everyone has tested and all the scores are in. So just hang in there.
    Did you change your geo location

Comment

• Well NJ should have one extra opening. I am not going to go into detail on that one you could read the newspaper or look online though.

Comment

• At the time of his arrest, the CBP officer had his duty firearm on him.

Comment

• What us the difference between CBPO and CBP
          Different salary and pension? Would love some insight on this.

Comment

• I haven't noticed anyone on here getting the call in weeks and weeks... comments?

Comment

• Originally posted by NJNJ View Post
              What us the difference between CBPO and CBP
              500Pearl already answered your question

Originally posted by 500pearl View Post
              CBP = Customs & Border Patrol
              CBPO = Customs & Border Patrol Officer, there is no one better than another. In this read, the terms CBPO and CBP Officer are interchangeable terms. ICE = Immigration & Customs Enforcement.
              Both ICE and CBP are under DHS, Department of Homeland Security.
              ICE has numerous positions, including FPS, DRO, Special Agents, IEA.

Comment

• Just checked CASS and my VBT cleared this morning. I am now waiting on the BI to finish up.
                CBPO East Texas
                TO: 3/3/09
                Pre-Emp Forms: 3/26/09
                Fitness: 4/6/09 -Passed
                Medical: 4/6/09 -Passed
                VBT: 4/7/09 -Passed
                Quals: (GS-7) 4/10/09 -Verified
                Drug Test: 4/17/09 -Passed
                BI: 8/27/09 -Cleared
                TSU: 8/27/09
                FCRA: 05/19/10
                BI Update: 6/16/10

Comment

• Can I get a new TO in TSU?

I reapplied under the new announcement for Colorado, as I feel like Montana might make things difficult to move onto another agency. I just checked
                  CASS and my background has been fully cleared, not just interim, and all thats left is my medical. I had to clear up a medical issue and that information was sent away last week, so I'm guessing that'll clear fairly quickly. So I'm wondering if its still possible to get a new TO in after being put into TSU, but before my EOD?

Also, is there anyone currently working in Montana that would be willing to share their thoughts on how difficult it would be to pursue my current applications with BPA and IEA. I'm concerned about location to testing, etc.
                  Last edited by brave52000; 04-30-2009, 11:56 AM.
                  CBPO
                  GEO-Montana
                  TEST- 12/08
                  NOR- 1/09 (91 no vet)
                  TO-1/09
                  Med/Fit- 5/09
                  B.I. 3/09
                  VBT-3/09
                  Quals(GS-7)-3/09
                  Referred to TSU-5/22/09
                  EOD-6/22/09
                  FLETC-7/16/09-10/28/09

Comment

• Originally posted by NJNJ View Post
                    What us the difference between CBPO and CBP
                    OK,
                    This is the 2nd or 3rd time I see this in the last few days... please!...
                    CBP (Customs and Border Protection) Agency
                    within the Agency there are CBP Officers and Border Patrol Agents
                    CBPO's go through the GS pay scale, and BPA's go through the GL pay scale, as for retirement both now have a similar plan 6c/12d.

Hope this bit of information clears up some of the misconceptions.

Good luck to all of you in "pendingville"... I'm still there as well!.....
                    CBPO
                    Written: 08/29/2007
                    EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by USMC0844 View Post
                      Just checked CASS and my VBT cleared this morning. I am now waiting on the BI to finish up.
                      When did you take the VBT ?

Comment

• Originally posted by USMC0844 View Post
                        Just checked CASS and my VBT cleared this morning. I am now waiting on the BI to finish up.
                        I just checked CASS too and I am now officially in TSU as of 4/29/09
                        CBPO
                        Test: July 2008
                        TO: 12/26/08
                        VBT 1/21/09-passed
                        Medical - 1/21/09 - cleared 4/28
                        Fitness - 1/21/09 - passed
                        Drug test - 2/5/09- passed
                        BI - Cleared
                        TSU -4/29/09 (Buffalo)
                        BI2 - cleared 8/11

ICE Special Agent
                        Test 7/22/09 passed

Comment

• Originally posted by junito9210 View Post
                          When did you take the VBT ?
                          junito,
                          don't try to compare your VBT results taking so long with other applicants timeline, all POE's will process the VBT's at their leisure (at their pace), the only ones that can help you find out what's going on with your results is MHC.
                          CALL them!... they will let you know what's up, if you're still showing up on CASS and the hotline you have not been dropped and are still in the process.
                          Just chill for a bit dude, the results will come in... again CALL MHC they will fill you in on your progress.
                          CBPO
                          Written: 08/29/2007
                          EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
                            OK,
                            CBPO's go through the GS pay scale, and BPA's go through the GL pay scale, as for retirement both now have a similar plan 6c/12d.

Hope this bit of information clears up some of the misconceptions.

Good luck to all of you in "pendingville"... I'm still there as well!.....
                            Merlin I knew the difference regarding the names, but what is the differnce in their jobs? Is one betterthan the other?

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
                              OK,
                              I was going to have a conniption. Thank you for that post, because I wasn't going to be as nice as you were explaining it.

With a new vacancy, comes a new wave of applicants to this forum in search of answers to questions that can be found by reading from the beginning of this thread. Thats what I did, and it answered a lot of questions that I had. I suggest all of the new testers to do the same, if you're serious about this job.

Yoda, I can't imagine what you're going through. Your silence around here lately tells me nothing has changed. That has to be tough to handle.
                              ICE IEA Philadelphia FO (Dingmans Ferry, PA)
                              Written: 5/15/08
                              NOR: 5/20/08
                              TO: 10/28/08
                              Medical/Drug Test: Cleared from CBP
                              Fitness: 2/02/09
                              BI: 3/15/09
                              OB: 4/24
                              EOD: 7/27
                              FLETC: 7/29 (Class 928)

CBPO Pennsylvania
                              Written: 3/15/08
                              NOR: 4/2/08
                              TO: 5/22/08
                              Pre-Emp Forms: 6/2/08
                              Fitness/Medical: 6/18/08
                              VBT: 6/30/08
                              Drug Test: 7/10/08
                              Quals: (GS-7) 7/23/08
                              Met w/ BI: 9/24/08
                              BI submitted: 10/10/08
                              TSU: 4/2/09
                              Removed from TSU (med/fit): 6/4
                              EOD:

Comment

• This whole hiring process is driving me crazy. I have been in this process for over two years. I work for DHS, already have a security clearance, have a B.A. was in the military, and my background is clean. I went to TSU just recently. I know someone who has never held down a steady job, drinks to much, has no education, lied on his application about his past. He took the test 3 months ago, met with his BI one month ago, and was just sent to TSU for the same location I applied. He didn’t qualify for GS-5 none the less GS-7 and he got GS-7. The Minneapolis hiring center called him and advised him on how to re-write his job experience so he could clear GS-7. While meeting with his BI he began telling the investigator about his past and the things he did wrong and the investigator advised him to “keep those things to himself or he would not get the job” I met with my BI for 5 hours and nothing was left uncovered. This guy met with his BI for 1 hour and was advised to lie. My BI was in the security office for over 8 months, his was in there for a month. I have said it before. This whole thing is a crap shoot.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13062 users online. 389 members and 12673 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X