300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by az90640 View Post
    I appreciate your help the reason im asking you because i will be driving for CA and i want to know if i should take my own tv any suggestions.
    How far along are you? you already get your EOD?
    "When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle."

Comment

• Originally posted by K0R3 View Post
      How far along are you? you already get your EOD?
      My EOD is May 4th

Comment

• Originally posted by TPA3312 View Post
        Hey, I should be right behind you in the TSU line. I was reffered a week after you. This waiting sucks.

I called TSU and they said I had only a few people ahead of me......

Comment

• Originally posted by audi0xpl0de View Post
          Right now I think pretty much every room in the Taj is doubled up.
          I believe it's still only the first 2 floors. I have a couple of friends on the 5th floor of the Taj with their own room/bathroom. I'm in the dorms behind the mermorial and I love it. Single person rooms/bathrooms, close enough to walk back for lunch to shower/change, and we also have a pool, tennis, and volleyball court. The quality of the rooms in the Taj are far superior though.

Comment

• Originally posted by flatrooper View Post
            I called TSU and they said I had only a few people ahead of me......
            Did they give you any timeframe on when the hiring will start again?
            Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

• Originally posted by robeans View Post
              What you wear on test day has 0% to do with getting this job. I'm sure if you ware a F the police t shirt, they might kick you out of the test, but other than that, the GS 7 giving the test has nothing to do with the hiring process. They are just test proctors.

I wore jeans and t shirt.
              I'll point out that I've taken the test 3 times and at least 2 out of the 3 times there were mid-level CBP managers in plain clothes as part of the background people.

Is someone likely to shoot himself in the foot by wearing jeans and a tee-shirt...probably not. Might you get a bit more positively noticed by putting in the extra effort to come dressed more business-like/formally...probably.

Comment

• Originally posted by tippmann87 View Post
                Requiring you to take a poly or requiring everyone to take a poly?
                per my earlier post,I was told that the polygraph is a possibility.Maybe it is on a case by case basis I have no idea.

Comment

• The initial test, people go in jeans and tshirt because it's administered by OPM officials and not actual CBP officers. Is that why people go dressed the way they do? I'm thinking about jeans, sneakers, and a golf (polo) shirt.
                  Last edited by 500pearl; 04-29-2009, 10:32 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                    I'll point out that I've taken the test 3 times and at least 2 out of the 3 times there were mid-level CBP managers in plain clothes as part of the background people.

Is someone likely to shoot himself in the foot by wearing jeans and a tee-shirt...probably not. Might you get a bit more positively noticed by putting in the extra effort to come dressed more business-like/formally...probably.
                    But what is positively noticed at a massive entry test going to get you? Will it increase your score? Will it help you get promoted faster? Will it speed up a TO?

Now I'm guessing you were at a condensed testing site? Now that's a different ball of wax and I would wear a suit to that. But for me, I took each step on it's own.

And I'm working a horribly boring spot right now so I guess I just want to argue with someone, sorry.

So on another note, how about that "Take the mask off" stuff for all the CBPO's out there. I would really like that when I'm processing an Aeromexico flight fresh out of Mexico City.

Comment

But what is positively noticed at a massive entry test going to get you? Will it increase your score? Will it help you get promoted faster? Will it speed up a TO?

Now I'm guessing you were at a condensed testing site? Now that's a different ball of wax and I would wear a suit to that. But for me, I took each step on it's own.

And I'm working a horribly boring spot right now so I guess I just want to argue with someone, sorry.

So on another note, how about that "Take the mask off" stuff for all the CBPO's out there. I would really like that when I'm processing an Aeromexico flight fresh out of Mexico City.
                      Hey, your working right now? I'm guessing you are using your phone to post. What do you have? Blackberry, iPhone? And, do your supervisors mind if you check your phone while working when nothing is going on? Or do you always have to look busy during duty hours?

Comment

• vbt

Hi everybody.... I'm going to take my vbt on may. My problem is that
                        I'm not very fluent in english. My principal language is spanish. I'm from Puerto Rico.
                        Does this test require excellent english skills?
                        Can I pass the test with basics english skills?
                        I'm very nervous about this....
                        Can anyone give me some advice?

Comment

• Originally posted by CBPO_PR View Post
                          Hi everybody.... I'm going to take my vbt on may. My problem is that
                          I'm not very fluent in english. My principal language is spanish. I'm from Puerto Rico.
                          Does this test require excellent english skills?
                          Can I pass the test with basics english skills?
                          I'm very nervous about this....
                          Can anyone give me some advice?
                          If you were able to pass the English section on the written test then you should be fine for the VBT.......

Comment

• Originally posted by TPA3312 View Post
                            Hey, your working right now? I'm guessing you are using your phone to post. What do you have? Blackberry, iPhone? And, do your supervisors mind if you check your phone while working when nothing is going on? Or do you always have to look busy during duty hours?
                            No, I just had got home, guess I could have worded that different. But let's say I was on a G computer, hypothetically I could post on O.com because hypothetically it isn't blocked.

But you bring up a good point about phones, seeing how it's a big topic around the water cooler at my work right now. You cannot use your phone (or have it with you according to some) in a primary or secondary processing environment. Meaning no cellie around travelers.
                            Last edited by robeans; 04-29-2009, 11:24 PM.

Comment

But you bring up a good point about phones, seeing how it's a big topic around the water cooler at my work right now. You cannot use your phone (or have it with you according to some) in a primary or secondary processing environment. Meaning no cellie around travelers.
                              So, according to some, your cellphone has to be left in your locker/car. Is that a POE rule, or agencey rule? And, what else is being debated around the water cooler?
                              Last edited by TPA3312; 04-29-2009, 11:18 PM.

Comment

Seattle is a guaranteed job if you can pass basic muster right now. Easter WA is kind of ebbing and flowing this year.

Seattle is hiring like it's going out of style, I'm convinced they are building a small army and will take over BC Canada soon.
                                Yeah, Blaine has many new folks in the pipeline as well.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5026 users online. 390 members and 4636 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X