300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dmgritte View Post
    I tested 10/07 got my TO 3/08....not holding my breathe for to long. My computer hates that i check CASS more then once a day....(in the BP process as well)
    As others have stated, they normally update CASS on Tuesdays and Thursdays and normally no later than about 11 AM. Although I have seen it update later than that, but only once. Your computer will thank you.
    But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Hey guys hows it going? I was just wondering about collars on the job. If you find someone smuggling something in or someone might be ROW how does that work? Do you process the collar, or do you just hand it off to someone else? I can understand that the federal warrants would be picked up by US Marshals but local and state warrants I am unsure about? Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Originally posted by cjstudent11 View Post
        Hey guys hows it going? I was just wondering about collars on the job. If you find someone smuggling something in or someone might be ROW how does that work? Do you process the collar, or do you just hand it off to someone else? I can understand that the federal warrants would be picked up by US Marshals but local and state warrants I am unsure about? Thanks in advance.
        well the usual procedure would be you make the arrest, cuff em, etc., then depending on whos looking for them, you detain them til that particular agency comes and scoops them up

Comment

• Had a question for anyone who may have experience or knowledge on background procedures. Generally speaking, if cbp for example did a background on you last year, then you applied again this year, would they do an entire b.i. again from scratch? Assuming youve lived or worked nowhere new. Would they actually interview the same people and check up on old residences and jobs for the last 10 yrs, if they just verified it all 12 months ago? Or would they just verify your info dating back 1 year? This was something ive been looking for online and cant find an answer to.
          Thanks!

Comment

• Barnaj,

Every 5 years you get a new BI if you are hired, I would assume that a new BI is going to be done every time if someone re-applies for the job. My 2 cents.
            sigpic

Comment

• I was just wondering if any one is a CBP officer in Washington State and were there? I just got my tenitive selection letter for CBP officer in Washington State Northern boarders. How is it up there? And how long after i put the form in does it take for the rest of the fun stuff to take place?

thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by upnorthmichigan View Post
                I was just wondering if any one is a CBP officer in Washington State and were there? I just got my tenitive selection letter for CBP officer in Washington State Northern boarders. How is it up there? And how long after i put the form in does it take for the rest of the fun stuff to take place?

thanks

From the time I received my TO to completeing most of the process took about two months. Quals took another 2 months then the BI took another 3 months for scheduling then a month to clear. For more exact dates, look at my sig.
                But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Tentative Offers are being sent out before Background is being done??? Wow, many things have changed.
                  sigpic

Comment

• To the future Washington State officer: I am in Montana, not big of a difference between the two states. Are you an outdoors person? Fisher, hunter? As a previous East Coaster, I can predict that your stress level will go down to almost zero uphere. It's beautiful, life is cheap and the air is clean. If you are a Nightclubber... well, things are different around these parts. Took me a while to get used to the slow paste, cowboy hats, cows laying on the middle of the highway, pheasants, coyotes, foxes and wolves roaming freely. Your salary will enable you to live a good and comfortable life if you are a GS-7. What else can I say? Good luck and welcome to the family

PS: I just realized you are from Michigan and not Maine
                    sigpic

Comment

• Ya I am from the Upper Part of Michigan! So there might not be much of a diffrent from what i am use too. All we have were I live is Walmart, Kmart and a tun of bars lol. The nearist larger city with any good shopping or entertainment is like 3 1/2 hours away to any direction. Look up Sault Ste. Marie Michigan 49783 ya thats me haha. Thanks for your input. If ya got more let me know

Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by upnorthmichigan View Post
                        Ya I am from the Upper Part of Michigan! So there might not be much of a diffrent from what i am use too. All we have were I live is Walmart, Kmart and a tun of bars lol. The nearist larger city with any good shopping or entertainment is like 3 1/2 hours away to any direction. Look up Sault Ste. Marie Michigan 49783 ya thats me haha. Thanks for your input. If ya got more let me know

Thanks

I've been across the UP several times. I've crossed at St. Ste. Marie. SSM is a city compared to what you'll see if you're headed to eastern WA. Towns the size of Newberry or Manistique will be "big" towns there.

Comment

• I remember my time in Montana. A city was only a city if it had a bar. Even if there was a bar where two roads cross, but nothing else, it was a city.

Comment

• Boy guys thats really making me feel real good! lol

Comment

• My medical finally cleared, and from the sound of it, my background should be done or almost done. So, I'm hoping to get a call sometime soon.

My question is, I want to stay in the So Cal/Los Angeles area. I'm hoping I'm offered a port in the area since it is an urgent need area. Since there is a seaport and an airport near me, I would like some advice on which would be better choice. Really I am looking for information on the different types of ports, in order to make an informed decision.

Thanks,
                              ICE IEA

May 08 Written Test
                              Feb 09 TO-Los Angeles
                              March 09 Medical/PT/Drug Test
                              July 09 Oral Board
                              Background Started 11/16/09

EOD 11/23/09 San Bernardino
                              Academy class 006 12/03/09-04/13/10

Comment

• Got The Call Today

Does anyone have any info on the Virgin Islands? Its going to be a huge move and any input would be helpful.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9139 users online. 463 members and 8676 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X