300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newark or JFK

I was hoping I can get input on the pros and cons at each of these locations. I read somewhere that trying decide between the two is like asking "Which would you prefer: Having your hand smashed by a hammer, or your foot run over by a forklift?" I am trying to find out (if any) which has a better chance of getting the morning shift, and which has more opportunity for overtime per year and what were the averages?

Thank you.

Comment

I hear they have 30 employees a month quiting at jfk. Sounds like a lot of ot there.

Comment

has anyone heard of upcoming academy dates or how long the background checks take? i am waiting for my medical to clear, then comes my drug test and the background check.
        thanx!

Comment

bump for all those waiting for FLETC dates...

Comment

Anyone Heading to the CBP San Diego Testing on the 17th?

Comment

Does anyone knows how long the background investigation takes? I already got a call from the security office to verify some information the begining of this month. I am only waiting on the background investigator to come and interview me.

Comment

CPB will never match up to the US Customs service pre 9/11. If you've been with the government for quite some time, specifically the customs service, you will agree that the merge with Immigration killed the Customs service. You can listen to the rumor mill all you want and think that CBP is going back to the way it was before 9/11 but the damage is done and it will take hundreds of years to get the Customs agency back to where it was. It was a great orginaztion I loved going to work everyday, have many arrests under my belt, now I can't wait to get out. I see guys coming in and leaving as soon as they can and go over to the state police, s/a positions etc.

Bottom line and I'm sure quite a few legacy Customs agents will agree with me that the US CUSTOMS service which was at the top of the game has been ruined.

Just my two cents!

Comment

usfed, the rest of us here are just trying to get our federal le careers started. the guy who helped me start the process for cbp left for another federal job, but he had nothing but good things to say about cbp. sorry you are unhappy, but there are plenty of other agencies to apply to, once you're in. i'd actually like to be in your shoes, so it can't be so bad, can it?

Comment

Waiting

I have sucessfully completed all the requirements and waiting on my background. I been contacted by the security office to confirm some information on the application. They inform me they don't know when an investigator will call me. Does anyone has any idea of how long this takes?

Comment

• Academy

Does anyone also know when the next academy starts?

Comment

• Academy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

• Waiting

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have sucessfully completed all the requirements and waiting on my background. I been contacted by the security office to confirm some information on the application. They inform me they don't know when an investigator will call me. Does anyone has any idea of how long this takes?

Comment

• i'm in the same boat as you, erivera! hurry up and wait!

can anyone else out there help us and tell us how long background checks take and when the next cbp class will go to FLETC?

Comment

• here's a big bump for all the cbp hopefulls.

any info out there?

Comment

• Originally posted by erivera
                                Academy

I was at FLETC for some training recently and I would swear it was the CBPLETC, not FLETC with all of the CBP trainees there. My understanding is that they have new CBP academy classes starting almost every week.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12470 users online. 483 members and 11987 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X