Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by az90640 View Post
    I thought you get sprayed til the end of training.
    They normally do. I'm part of a "test" class going through new training at the academy.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by az90640 View Post
      Does anyone know if everyone has a roommate at fletc.
      If you are in the crackhouses you don't have a roommate, but you share a bathroom.

      Comment


      • I was in the taj and I didn't have a roommate It was lovely.
        Last edited by Reapplied; 04-29-2009, 06:49 PM.
        These hands need your guidance!

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Reapplied View Post
          I was in the taj and I didn't have a roommate It was lovely.
          Right now I think pretty much every room in the Taj is doubled up.

          Comment


          • Still waiting....my buddy has been set up with a physical date and I still haven't gotten the BI packet....wondering if I should change my GEO pref from Washington/Seattle to somewhere in the south
            ...

            Comment


            • Originally posted by 500pearl View Post
              I hope and I think CBP should set standards to reflect the significance of its ports. For example, large cities that required detail and careful attention such as JFK, LA, Miami, San Fran, Seattle (talking about airports) should only accept people who score 85+ on the initial written exam. This is just my opinion, of course.
              So your saying that Miami needs more attention to detail than Port Angles, WA?

              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ahmed_Ressam

              BTW the Seattle Seaport is much much larger than the Airport.
              Last edited by robeans; 04-29-2009, 06:55 PM.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by audi0xpl0de View Post
                They normally do. I'm part of a "test" class going through new training at the academy.
                Do tell more. I want to hear about the big changes I saw starting last summer. Your about done, right?

                Comment


                • Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                  Well...if you're willing to go anywhere...places like eastern WA through northern MN, Alaska, Maine, some of out-of-the-way southern ports are good places to put in for.
                  Seattle is a guaranteed job if you can pass basic muster right now. Easter WA is kind of ebbing and flowing this year.

                  Seattle is hiring like it's going out of style, I'm convinced they are building a small army and will take over BC Canada soon.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by robeans View Post
                    Do tell more. I want to hear about the big changes I saw starting last summer. Your about done, right?
                    I wish. I'm in week 5 now. A lot of what we are doing is at an advanced pace. Our PT/AT/DT are all combined into one. We have this 4-5 times a week. They are collecting a lot of data off of us to see how we improve and progress. We have the PEB three times instead of the normal two. It's not at all bad. The only thing I think they will see is an increase in injuries. There is no real rest and we are getting pushed to the limit in most classes. We already lost one due to a stress fracture. The med unit is becoming a regular hangout for some.

                    Comment


                    • I wore a suit during my examination. It is better to be overdressed than underdressed esp when applying with the Govt. In my opinion, you should always dress to impress, I plan on wearing a suit for when I finally meet with the BI. It illustrates a confidence & respect during the hiring process. You should've seen the hoodies that a few ppl wore. Even though the test proctors bare no weight on your test, you never know who's watching!

                      Junito,
                      I took my vbt on 4-2-09 & it showed on cass as complete apprx two weeks after.
                      Written: 12-11-08
                      Medical: 3-28-09 Pending
                      B.I.: 5-21-09 pending

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by audi0xpl0de View Post
                        If you are in the crackhouses you don't have a roommate, but you share a bathroom.
                        So its a good possibility that I will have a roommate then. Also audi0xplode I heard that the firearms qual was also changed what have you heard and what do you need now to qual if you know thanks.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by az90640 View Post
                          So its a good possibility that I will have a roommate then. Also audi0xplode I heard that the firearms qual was also changed what have you heard and what do you need now to qual if you know thanks.
                          The housing all depends on when you get here. We've had a ton of classes graduating out of the crackhouses recently. The firearms changed again with my class. We are back to the FLETC standard. There is a max score of 300. I want to say the minimum score is 210 but I could be wrong.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by CBPhOpeful View Post
                            I wore a suit during my examination. It is better to be overdressed than underdressed esp when applying with the Govt. In my opinion, you should always dress to impress, I plan on wearing a suit for when I finally meet with the BI. It illustrates a confidence & respect during the hiring process. You should've seen the hoodies that a few ppl wore. Even though the test proctors bare no weight on your test, you never know who's watching!
                            I thought the same, although I felt a suit was overkill. Out of 100+ taking the test I thought I spied a couple of sleepers. Glad I dressed sharp.
                            "When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle."

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by audi0xpl0de View Post
                              The housing all depends on when you get here. We've had a ton of classes graduating out of the crackhouses recently. The firearms changed again with my class. We are back to the FLETC standard. There is a max score of 300. I want to say the minimum score is 210 but I could be wrong.
                              I appreciate your help the reason im asking you because i will be driving for CA and i want to know if i should take my own tv any suggestions.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by az90640 View Post
                                I appreciate your help the reason im asking you because i will be driving for CA and i want to know if i should take my own tv any suggestions.

                                If you like a bigger tv and have room in your car, then you can bring one. Usually those graduating will try and unload them for $40 or less. You can also rent tvs for a monthly fee at the fletc store.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 5158 users online. 400 members and 4758 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X