300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by junito9210 View Post
    When did you take the VBT ? Mine was on march 25th and still in pendingville!
    But i got the call today for BP EOD 05/25/09 CBPO is my first choice but something is something !
    Once you complete the BP academy Customs should call offering a position. You would have to go though the Customs academy in GA.
    Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

• Originally posted by jbyrjax View Post
      I did! It was ok, it seemed as though part of the test was to see how you could handle being squeezed into a tiny room with 45 other people for 5 hours! Ugh... by 10 till 9:00 this morning, we were full... yet they let in 10 - 12 more people, even one girl 20 + minutes late.

I think I did "ok", I'm 99% sure I passed... but with what score, I have no idea.

It was amazing to me the number of people that were completely clueless about the position. More than half the room assumed we were done after the math section. I think I saw one person in a suit, most in jeans and a tshirt.. then lots of hats on backwards, flip flops, etc...

Well that's my long exam story! Now to sit and wait!
      Wow..you have one heck of a day...glad your test went ok, well a suit? i don't know about that seems like he was over dressed...and hats and flip flops they don't really judge you on how you dress to take the test but maybe they could of worn it differently. A lot of the folks that are applying now are those that lost their jobs cause of the economy that's why the announcement was closed early and they are clueless of things right now all they want is a job. And I think DHS has no idea what's going on either.
      These hands need your guidance!

Comment

• Ah, my last official Wednesday here at FLETC. I am going to miss this place....

Comment

• Originally posted by Bizzy930 View Post
          Ah, my last official Wednesday here at FLETC. I am going to miss this place....
          did u get oc spray yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by K0R3 View Post
            Just registered for the ICE test, and noticed the test is considerably shorter than the customs test. Anyone have an idea of what the differences are? I wasn't able to print the study guide, all the printing for the pre employment forms bled my ink dry Is there an online guide?
            I just applied also. I just saved it to my computer. You hit the print button and when it comes up just save it to your computer. This test looks a lot like the ISO one was and a lot easier then the CBP one. But I have nothing to base that on.
            CBPO
            Test: July 2008
            TO: 12/26/08
            VBT 1/21/09-passed
            Medical - 1/21/09 - cleared 4/28
            Fitness - 1/21/09 - passed
            Drug test - 2/5/09- passed
            BI - Cleared
            TSU -4/29/09 (Buffalo)
            BI2 - cleared 8/11

ICE Special Agent
            Test 7/22/09 passed

Comment

• Originally posted by Reapplied View Post
              did u get oc spray yet?
              Saving that for this Friday.. We did trained with Inert training spray yesterday. As a matter of fact, I can still taste it!

Comment

• Just an update about getting removed from TSU.....They took me out because they needed a form from my current Federal employer in order to base my salary. They received that form on Monday and said that I should go back into TSU soon. My luck that means I lose all seniority in TSU.......

Comment

• Originally posted by K0R3 View Post
                  Just registered for the ICE test, and noticed the test is considerably shorter than the customs test. Anyone have an idea of what the differences are? I wasn't able to print the study guide, all the printing for the pre employment forms bled my ink dry Is there an online guide?
                  I have taken both. The IEA test is the CBP test minus the math and writing ability portions. The Logical reasoning portions are almost identical, with different questions of course.

Since the CBP test has 2 additional parts, it is much longer.
                  Better to fight for something than live for nothing.

-Patton

Comment

• Originally posted by Bizzy930 View Post
                    Saving that for this Friday.. We did trained with Inert training spray yesterday. As a matter of fact, I can still taste it!
                    Congrats! My group is actually getting sprayed week 9. I can't wait to get that over with.

Comment

• Thanks bflogirl/ Savcop. No math maybe I can ace this one
                      "When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle."

Comment

• Does anyone know if everyone has a roommate at fletc.

Comment

• Originally posted by audi0xpl0de View Post
                          Congrats! My group is actually getting sprayed week 9. I can't wait to get that over with.
                          I thought you get sprayed til the end of training.

Comment

• What is this "spraying" you all are speaking of?

Comment

• Originally posted by jbyrjax View Post
                              It was amazing to me the number of people that were completely clueless about the position. I think I saw one person in a suit, most in jeans and a tshirt.. then lots of hats on backwards, flip flops, etc... :rolleyes
                              What you wear on test day has 0% to do with getting this job. I'm sure if you ware a F the police t shirt, they might kick you out of the test, but other than that, the GS 7 giving the test has nothing to do with the hiring process. They are just test proctors.

I wore jeans and t shirt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Helo View Post
                                What is this "spraying" you all are speaking of?
                                they pepper spary you. that's one of your certifications.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4941 users online. 349 members and 4592 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X