Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sr20 View Post
    HAHAHA, you mean WA...
    Where ever...what I said goes for WA also once you get pulled from the "pool" you score is invisible it doesn't matter what matters now is if you pass all your pre-employment quals.
    These hands need your guidance!

Comment

• Originally posted by Reapplied View Post
      TSU is not a guarantee until you swear in on your EOD and still that is not a guarantee because you have to pass academy and be back at your port under a 2 year probation...so if you get that call 25%, pre-academy 25%, fletc 25% and graduation plus keeping your "nose clean"for 2years 25% yeahhhhh 100% you are a fully certified officer...they can pull you out of TSU at any time..such as if your background is not fully cleared and something "pops" up.
      You can skip over the 2 year probation if you transfer in from another agency where you've already met the probation. Thankfully I've gotten that outa the way. Don't like the uneasy feeling of calling off while on probation. Even though calling off is no big deal (staying within the leave policy of course).
      Geo: Illinois
      Test Score: 94
      Quals: GS-7
      T.O.: 8/7/2007
      Referred to Schedule EOD

"Theirs not to make reply, Theirs not to reason why, Theirs but to do and die"

Comment

• Originally posted by NJNJ View Post
        I just reapplied and used my old score from last August. I didnt apply to take the test again, just transfered my score to the new geo location.
        Truthfully, if you're wondering if I got a TO in a short period of time just because I switched GEO, don't count on it.
        TSU - 8/28/09
        TO - 3/2009
        On the job

Comment

• Originally posted by 500pearl View Post
          I hope and I think CBP should set standards to reflect the significance of its ports. For example, large cities that required detail and careful attention such as JFK, LA, Miami, San Fran, Seattle (talking about airports) should only accept people who score 85+ on the initial written exam. This is just my opinion, of course.
          That seems to make sense, but would be impractical at best. Even though it is difficult, people do move around in the agency. Limiting what ports a person can go to based on their score wouldn't really work. Not to mention the job is more than a test. Most of what needs to be learned is done hands on through interaction and reading people. The test serves two purposes. One to bump some people out of the hiring process who don't have the skills to pass and the second is to put an order on giving out job offers. Theoretically by placing people in test score order it prevents a complete back log of the system. Using the tests for anything more could cause serious problems.
          But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Reapplied--What class were you in the first time?
            But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Originally posted by kc12 View Post
              Reapplied--What class were you in the first time?

Comment

• Originally posted by sr20 View Post
                HAHAHA, you mean WA...
                A year from now your test score won't matter and you'll be on the job with some seniority and that much closer to collecting your government retirement.
                Meanwhile, some of the JFK guys might still be waiting for JFK...I've seen it happen before.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                  A year from now your test score won't matter and you'll be on the job with some seniority and that much closer to collecting your government retirement.
                  Meanwhile, some of the JFK guys might still be waiting for JFK...I've seen it happen before.
                  That's true. Hopefully my current company would last that long while I'm waiting.
                  TSU - 8/28/09
                  TO - 3/2009
                  On the job

Comment

• Did anyone take the exam today? If so how was it?

Comment

• Just registered for the ICE test, and noticed the test is considerably shorter than the customs test. Anyone have an idea of what the differences are? I wasn't able to print the study guide, all the printing for the pre employment forms bled my ink dry Is there an online guide?
                      "When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle."

Comment

• Originally posted by K0R3 View Post
                        Just registered for the ICE test, and noticed the test is considerably shorter than the customs test. Anyone have an idea of what the differences are? I wasn't able to print the study guide, all the printing for the pre employment forms bled my ink dry Is there an online guide?
                        no math

Comment

• Originally posted by K0R3 View Post
                          Just registered for the ICE test, and noticed the test is considerably shorter than the customs test. Anyone have an idea of what the differences are? I wasn't able to print the study guide, all the printing for the pre employment forms bled my ink dry Is there an online guide?
                          Math for one. IEA is all about immigration, no need for customs level math skills.

Comment

• So I have told myself that I will not log into CASS until I see that others on this forum say it's updated... I have a phone with Internet capabilities & find myself checking CASS every hour on the hour! So until ppl on here say it's updated I'm not checking it.

Hey merlin,
                            When am I going to get hired?? Haha jk, don't answer that
                            Written: 12-11-08
                            Medical: 3-28-09 Pending
                            B.I.: 5-21-09 pending

Comment

• Originally posted by Reapplied View Post
                              Did anyone take the exam today? If so how was it?
                              I did! It was ok, it seemed as though part of the test was to see how you could handle being squeezed into a tiny room with 45 other people for 5 hours! Ugh... by 10 till 9:00 this morning, we were full... yet they let in 10 - 12 more people, even one girl 20 + minutes late.

I think I did "ok", I'm 99% sure I passed... but with what score, I have no idea.

It was amazing to me the number of people that were completely clueless about the position. More than half the room assumed we were done after the math section. I think I saw one person in a suit, most in jeans and a tshirt.. then lots of hats on backwards, flip flops, etc...

Well that's my long exam story! Now to sit and wait!

Comment

• Originally posted by CBPhOpeful View Post
                                So I have told myself that I will not log into CASS until I see that others on this forum say it's updated... I have a phone with Internet capabilities & find myself checking CASS every hour on the hour! So until ppl on here say it's updated I'm not checking it.

Hey merlin,
                                When am I going to get hired?? Haha jk, don't answer that
                                When did you take the VBT ? Mine was on march 25th and still in pendingville!
                                But i got the call today for BP EOD 05/25/09 CBPO is my first choice but something is something !

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2844 users online. 158 members and 2686 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X