Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by NJNJ View Post
    Hey Merlin, thanks for the insight. I scored an 89 on my test, how do you feel I will rank with other test takers. Will my 89 pull any weight, will I be called soon!!!!LOOKING FOR JFK
    I don't have a crystal ball. If I could predict the future I'd be on a tropical island with muchas chicas caliente right now...instead of talking on this board.

    Having said that, an 89 is probably good enough for a draw into JFK. It may be a second round draw. Who knows when? How long did it take you the first time from test to TO? That would roughly be my guess as to how long it'll take you this time.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by ifoCBP View Post
      Congrats!! That's a long time to be at your port before FLETC. Over a month. I have 3 buddies who did three weeks or less. Does anyone know if the time you spend at your port before FLETC is determined by the port or if it's random?
      it could just be me but, from may 26th to fletc on june 1st is NOT a month, it's a week!
      These hands need your guidance!

      Comment


      • Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
        I don't have a crystal ball. If I could predict the future I'd be on a tropical island with muchas chicas caliente right now...instead of talking on this board.

        Having said that, an 89 is probably good enough for a draw into JFK. It may be a second round draw. Who knows when? How long did it take you the first time from test to TO? That would roughly be my guess as to how long it'll take you this time.

        damn, not to brag, but I think I'm pretty lucky to get a TO for having such a low score.
        TSU - 8/28/09
        TO - 3/2009
        On the job

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Cbpstyle View Post
          hey were abouts in buffalo? And what's ya geo?
          My GEO is Buffalo, I live in Tonawanda. I really am in no position to move right now.
          CBPO
          Test: July 2008
          TO: 12/26/08
          VBT 1/21/09-passed
          Medical - 1/21/09 - cleared 4/28
          Fitness - 1/21/09 - passed
          Drug test - 2/5/09- passed
          BI - Cleared
          TSU -4/29/09 (Buffalo)
          BI2 - cleared 8/11

          ICE Special Agent
          Test 7/22/09 passed

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Federalyhood View Post
            So even if you pass everything and you are clear in TSU, there is a posibility that they don't call you?
            TSU is not a guarantee until you swear in on your EOD and still that is not a guarantee because you have to pass academy and be back at your port under a 2 year probation...so if you get that call 25%, pre-academy 25%, fletc 25% and graduation plus keeping your "nose clean"for 2years 25% yeahhhhh 100% you are a fully certified officer...they can pull you out of TSU at any time..such as if your background is not fully cleared and something "pops" up.
            These hands need your guidance!

            Comment


            • sr20, i got hired as an 88 score. From the looks of it we have new comers every monday here. Anywhere between 1 person to 13 people at a time

              Comment


              • Originally posted by girly View Post
                Officially in TSU now!!! and gues what methos422 this is a busy month for me I have plans for every weekend for the whole month, and the kids sports are all starting lol I guess u were right.

                Hey I see you have kids, what do you plan to do when you go to FLETC? I am having a hard time with this...I really want this job but worried about being away fromt hem for 15 weeks! My husband would watch them but it's just a very long time! Just curious as to another take on it. Thanks.
                CBPO
                Test: July 2008
                TO: 12/26/08
                VBT 1/21/09-passed
                Medical - 1/21/09 - cleared 4/28
                Fitness - 1/21/09 - passed
                Drug test - 2/5/09- passed
                BI - Cleared
                TSU -4/29/09 (Buffalo)
                BI2 - cleared 8/11

                ICE Special Agent
                Test 7/22/09 passed

                Comment


                • Originally posted by sr20 View Post
                  damn, not to brag, but I think I'm pretty lucky to get a TO for having such a low score.
                  yes with a score such as yours you are lucky especially with a port like JFK, but maybe they have a lot of vacanies, but you don't need to worry anymore cause your score doesn't matter now. Getting into TSU and getting the call is what's important, btw they don't call you based on your score.
                  These hands need your guidance!

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by bflogirl View Post
                    Hey I see you have kids, what do you plan to do when you go to FLETC? I am having a hard time with this...I really want this job but worried about being away fromt hem for 15 weeks! My husband would watch them but it's just a very long time! Just curious as to another take on it. Thanks.
                    Bflogirl, I have a daughter about to go into 1st grade and I went to the academy and after a few weeks had to leave not because of her but for another serious reason, being there is hard away from your children especially if you can't fly back to NY as you want, like for me I live in the south so it was easy for me if i had more time at the academy to drive back home i lived only 4 hours away...but from a mother to another your career will be worth it your kids will ask where is mommy but remember mommy will be able to have a great career to support her family in the end...so don't get discouraged!
                    These hands need your guidance!

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                      I don't have a crystal ball. If I could predict the future I'd be on a tropical island with muchas chicas caliente right now...instead of talking on this board.

                      Having said that, an 89 is probably good enough for a draw into JFK. It may be a second round draw. Who knows when? How long did it take you the first time from test to TO? That would roughly be my guess as to how long it'll take you this time.
                      Was for NY other. From the time I took the tedt to getting a TOS was 4 months. Anyone else here who got called for JFK with an 89 or less. If so how long did it take you.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by sr20 View Post
                        damn, not to brag, but I think I'm pretty lucky to get a TO for having such a low score.
                        Did you get a TO after you switched your geo prefrence or while you were still looking to go to JFK

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by nycmike87 View Post
                          sr20, i got hired as an 88 score. From the looks of it we have new comers every monday here. Anywhere between 1 person to 13 people at a time
                          Hi Nycmike,

                          88 is pretty high score comparing to my score. Too bad they didn't send me the TO for JFK. Now I'm just waiting to pass the VBT and get a call for the BI.
                          TSU - 8/28/09
                          TO - 3/2009
                          On the job

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by NJNJ View Post
                            Was for NY other. From the time I took the tedt to getting a TOS was 4 months. Anyone else here who got called for JFK with an 89 or less. If so how long did it take you.
                            From test to being called it took 7 months max for me. I asked around my class and they all said a year, 2 years stuff like that. They were suprised to hear i did it in less than a year

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by buenhec
                              Has anyone out there passed the exam for CBPO even if you felt you sucked at the math part? Also the test admin metioned that they check on your answers for the personal questions section. Can anyone shed some light on this?

                              Yes I thought the math was hard. I also thought it was all hard and almost left durig a break! LOL glad I didn't! Even when I got my score I thought it wasn't high enough for a TO (85) but got one 6 months after the test.
                              CBPO
                              Test: July 2008
                              TO: 12/26/08
                              VBT 1/21/09-passed
                              Medical - 1/21/09 - cleared 4/28
                              Fitness - 1/21/09 - passed
                              Drug test - 2/5/09- passed
                              BI - Cleared
                              TSU -4/29/09 (Buffalo)
                              BI2 - cleared 8/11

                              ICE Special Agent
                              Test 7/22/09 passed

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by bflogirl View Post
                                My GEO is Buffalo, I live in Tonawanda. I really am in no position to move right now.
                                kool I live in cheek . Pm if u have n e questinns

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 7887 users online. 336 members and 7551 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X