300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
    Just about every place needs people. Washington state? If you're willing to go to eastern WA you can pretty much pencil yourself in...in as much as that is possible at least.
    Hi Merlin,

Actually, I'm willing to go anywhere, especially where my job is unstable now due to the economy. The funny thing is, when I decided to apply for CBP for a different location, I did not know that the score I had for JFK will transfer over. Until I did the research here, it pretty much sums up all the questions that I have before.
    TSU - 8/28/09
    TO - 3/2009
    On the job

Comment

• Originally posted by smpleone View Post
      Got the call this morning for San Luis, AZ... EOD May 26th.... FLETC 7/1-10/14
      congrats, is san luis the only port they offered you?

Erik
      CBP Officer
      NOR: 7/7 98
      QUALIFICATIONS: Pending (Qualifying based on education)
      GEO PREFERENCE: AZ
      PRE-EMPLOYMENT FORMS:Pending
      MEDICAL: 9/4 Shows Pending in CASS
      FITNESS: 9/4 Shows Pending in CASS
      VBT: 9/4 (Tucson, AZ) COMPLETED in CASS
      DRUG TEST: Pending
      BI: CASE IS IN THE SECURITY OFFICE (met with the investigator 10/7)

Comment

• Originally posted by sr20 View Post
        Hi Merlin,

Actually, I'm willing to go anywhere, especially where my job is unstable now due to the economy. The funny thing is, when I decided to apply for CBP for a different location, I did not know that the score I had for JFK will transfer over. Until I did the research here, it pretty much sums up all the questions that I have before.
        Well...if you're willing to go anywhere...places like eastern WA through northern MN, Alaska, Maine, some of out-of-the-way southern ports are good places to put in for.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
          You do have a leg up, you've completed the post-TO requirements...but you have to wait until you have a TO for that to matter.

It'll go exactly the way it did last time for you...you'll go into competition with every other applicant for your chosen geographical preference based on your test score compared to theirs.
          If you survive to receive a TO, then you'll move faster since you've finished most everything already.
          Hey Merlin, thanks for the insight. I scored an 89 on my test, how do you feel I will rank with other test takers. Will my 89 pull any weight, will I be called soon!!!!LOOKING FOR JFK
          Last edited by NJNJ; 04-29-2009, 01:29 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by smpleone View Post
            Got the call this morning for San Luis, AZ... EOD May 26th.... FLETC 7/1-10/14
            Congrats!! That's a long time to be at your port before FLETC. Over a month. I have 3 buddies who did three weeks or less. Does anyone know if the time you spend at your port before FLETC is determined by the port or if it's random?

Comment

• How soon before all the tests are taken and graded. When will the NOR go out?How about the TOS

Comment

• Noob To This

I just scheduled myself to take the ICE exam shed for May....I meet with my BI tomorrow 4/30....I can assume that after the BI I should be on my way to FLETC. I rather work for ICE. I worked for TSA and really not to excited in working in the airport again. But wow...the ICE position couldnt have opened in a better time....I am stuck on a decision here.... what would be the smart thing to do here.

Comment

• wHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN CBPO AND CBP. iS ANYONE BETTER THAN THE OTHER. aLSO I HEAR ALOT ABOUT ice, iS this a good career path

Comment

• What's with the all caps? CBP = Customs & Border Patrol
                    CBPO = Customs & Border Patrol Officer, there is no one better than another. In this read, the terms CBPO and CBP Officer are interchangeable terms. ICE = Immigration & Customs Enforcement.
                    Both ICE and CBP are under DHS, Department of Homeland Security.
                    ICE has numerous positions, including FPS, DRO, Special Agents, IEA.

Comment

• Originally posted by meskismcbp View Post
                      I just scheduled myself to take the ICE exam shed for May....I meet with my BI tomorrow 4/30....I can assume that after the BI I should be on my way to FLETC. I rather work for ICE. I worked for TSA and really not to excited in working in the airport again. But wow...the ICE position couldnt have opened in a better time....I am stuck on a decision here.... what would be the smart thing to do here.
                      If there is no job offer on the table from ICE then don't stop the process with CBP. There are no guarantees you will get ICE, no guarantee you will get CBP either. There are so many factors that come in to consideration during the hiring process. I have a buddy at FLETC right now for CBP who passed everything for ICE and never heard from them.

Comment

• I've cleared the BI for CBP and just applied for the IEA poistion. Does anyone know if the BI will carryover to ICE (IEA) or if they'll begin their own BI?
                        CBPO
                        Written Exam: 7/08
                        GEO Pref: San Diego, CA
                        NOR (96): 8/08
                        VBT: 9/08
                        Fitness/Medical: 10/08
                        Drug Test: 11/08
                        Contacted by BI: 12/08
                        BI Completed: 2/08
                        Referred to TSU: 3/5/09
                        Got the Call (TSU) for EOD of Mar. 30th: 3/13/09
                        Requested to be Deferred: 3/13/09
                        EOD: 8/3/2009
                        FLETC: 8/14/09 or 8/25/09

IEA
                        Written Exam: 5/29/09
                        GEO Pref: San Diego, CA
                        NOR (96): 7/10/09

Comment

• Originally posted by girly View Post
                          Officially in TSU now!!! and gues what methos422 this is a busy month for me I have plans for every weekend for the whole month, and the kids sports are all starting lol I guess u were right.
                          Good for you girly! Keep us up to date. Let us know what they offer you, too. I'll cross my fingers for you. I hear that the best 4 months to be in Georgia is June through September

Comment

• last time I posted here positive things happened, now that things have stalled I'm hoping this post will move things along. It's now nearly 10 months since the written test for VT geo, gotten the TO last year and went through the paperwork, met with the BI's (two of them!) in February, who told me they had until the first week of March to submit their report/paperwork. Since then, no updates on CASS other than being in the security office. There were some negatives in my BI that I disclosed along with info provided that "corrects" them, I am hoping this didn't stall my case on the adjudicator's desk.
                            CBPO
                            GEO - Vermont
                            Written - 07/08
                            NOR - 08/08 - 99 (no vets)
                            TO - 11/08
                            Forms - 11/08 Completed
                            VBT - 12/08 Completed
                            Fitness / Medical - 12/08 Completed
                            Drug Screen - 1/09 Completed
                            Background - 02/09 met BIs - 04/09 Completed
                            Quals - 05/09 Completed
                            TSU - 05/21/09

Comment

• Originally posted by stillwillkill View Post
                              Does anybody have any idea or insight on what academy life is like?
                              Class starts at 0730. In the morning you will either have PT/computers/shooting or you will have academics. Then in the afternoon you will have either PT/computers/shooting or academics, what you didn't have in the morning. For the PT/computers/shooting portion your class will be split up into two sections. For the academic portion your class will come together as one. You will have lunch at approximately 1200 and you will get out of class sometime between 1600 and 1630. After you are released for the day you are free to do what you want, which is why many people suggest you bring a car. I'd suggest lightly go over what you did in class and hang out. The academy is more like a job as a professional student than a hardcore academy, but I've heard that has changed a little since I was there.

Get fit before you go. Be ready to study when you are there. Don't stress too much about the tests, they aren't out to stump the monkey (it wouldn't be to difficult to do if they wanted to). Most of all have fun.
                              But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Originally posted by ifoCBP View Post
                                If there is no job offer on the table from ICE then don't stop the process with CBP. There are no guarantees you will get ICE, no guarantee you will get CBP either. There are so many factors that come in to consideration during the hiring process. I have a buddy at FLETC right now for CBP who passed everything for ICE and never heard from them.

So even if you pass everything and you are clear in TSU, there is a posibility that they don't call you?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12665 users online. 468 members and 12197 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X