Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can somebody please explain the typical promotion timeline after GS 11? How long does it take the average CBP officer to get promoted to GS 12?

This May I will graduate with a Masters degree in Business Administration. Would that taken into account during the promotion process?

Thank You

Comment

• There is no "average time". I've seen it in as little as 5 years and as much as 25 years. It's competitive which means that you'll have to take an exam and, if you "make the list", an interview with a promotion panel. Then, if there is a slot open, you might get selected. I haven't seen advanced degrees meaning very much in the selection process.

Good luck!
      Unless it's life or death related - it's all B.S.!

Caption on Avatar: Jihad This!

Comment

• thank you Obiwan

Comment

• Hey Cross!! Glad you guys are getting the Dope. Our issues over here are more immigration based and criminal warrents. Glad to hear you and the crew are doing well! Be cool and stay safe.
          Don't tase me bro!!

Comment

• Hey guys, on wikipedia it states about 71 cbp officers leave the service every two weeks. Is employee morale a major issue? Now, I know everything on wikipedia is not entirely true, but a survey was also conducted and cbp was last in every category.

Comment

• Originally posted by Don951 View Post
              Hey guys, on wikipedia it states about 71 cbp officers leave the service every two weeks. Is employee morale a major issue? Now, I know everything on wikipedia is not entirely true, but a survey was also conducted and cbp was last in every category.
              I personally don't know if that's true, but it sounds more like that other so called federal org that controls security screening for passengers...

Comment

• Originally posted by formerNOPD View Post
                Whoever told you that is wrong. If you start as a 7, you'll get 9 in one year, then 11 the second year. If you start as a GS5, it'll take 3 years to GS11.

Pay will remain the same. We will not be changing pay scales from what I'm hearing, as we're on COPRA now, and to go AUO would screw the majority of the officers in the long run. I am currently and have been for nearly 5 years a CBP Officer.

Pay at the GS-5, GS-7, and GS 9 level will change. A covered 5/7/9 make more then an uncovered 5/7/9. The pay scale evens out at grade 10. I don't think you will be seeing AUO. Of course, if the administration gets it repealed like they want it won't matter.

FB

Comment

• Just got my TO yesterday (3/3/08) for Florida (other then Miami), scored a 90 on the test no vet pref.

Comment

• Originally posted by dmgritte View Post
                    Just got my TO yesterday (3/3/08) for Florida (other then Miami), scored a 90 on the test no vet pref.
                    Congrats and good luck. Make sure to get those online and paper packets done accurately and completely and send them in in a timely fashion. After that get ready to do alot of waiting!

Comment

• congrats! When did you take the test

Comment

• Anyone going to FLETC the end of the month?
                        But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• For those of us testing right now, does anybody know how fast your application will be processed if you selected the urgent need areas? Is 3-4 months unheard of?

Comment

• I live in an "Urgent Need Area" Ive been in the process for over 7 months now.
                            What if quotas did exist?!

Comment

• I tested 10/07 got my TO 3/08....not holding my breathe for to long. My computer hates that i check CASS more then once a day....(in the BP process as well)

Comment

• Originally posted by ExSDSO View Post
                                I live in an "Urgent Need Area" Ive been in the process for over 7 months now.
                                Did you also apply with SDPD? I noticed you were trying to get back into LE, but why not apply local?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10882 users online. 365 members and 10517 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X