Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Reapplied View Post
    IEA...I was reading on the net and their standards for graduation their initial PAA and final is hard, I'm a girl I can't lift 170lbs dummy,i'm kinda scared.
    Sure you can, you just need to work at it. I couldn't do a single push up a couple weeks ago, and now I can. You can do anything a guy can do, you just need to work hard :-) Good luck!

    Comment


    • Originally posted by sap123 View Post
      That's correct. They filled them up apparently. C'est la vie.
      Thats a bummer
      "When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle."

      Comment


      • Originally posted by stw1226 View Post
        guys.. i need consulting!! it's been like... month and a half.. .. and my case is still in "Security office". i know.. i know.. need to WAIT!!! but i still don't feel good a fd of mine (you know who you are) already got interview.. and possibe to pass soon.. i still haven't get interview . just feel bad.. anybody can make me feel better? Is my case get to "no men land"? does my last name make a different?! (start with a "W".. so i am like forth to last.) help!!! WAAAAAA

        Nordy... how's life?
        Yoda... you still around?! how's ur case...
        I tested the same date and have been on the same timeline as you. I also haven't heard anything from my BI and my CASS says "In the security office". To be honest, most people have waited much longer for the this process, so I try to put everything into perspective and tell myself to be patient.....and there are days that's more difficult than others
        Test Date: 12/8/08
        NOR Date: 12/11/08 (92)
        TO: 1/30/09-Received
        Forms: 2/28/09-Completed
        VBT: 2/23/09-Completed
        Medical: 3/18/09-Completed
        Physical: 3/10/09-Completed
        Drug Test: 3/13/09-Completed
        Qualifications:-3/19/09-Completed
        BI:-Pending "In the security office"

        Comment


        • Originally posted by jbyrjax View Post
          You can do anything a guy can do
          Well, I don't know about that...
          ICE IEA Philadelphia FO (Dingmans Ferry, PA)
          Written: 5/15/08
          NOR: 5/20/08
          TO: 10/28/08
          Medical/Drug Test: Cleared from CBP
          Fitness: 2/02/09
          BI: 3/15/09
          OB: 4/24
          EOD: 7/27
          FLETC: 7/29 (Class 928)


          CBPO Pennsylvania
          Written: 3/15/08
          NOR: 4/2/08
          TO: 5/22/08
          Pre-Emp Forms: 6/2/08
          Fitness/Medical: 6/18/08
          VBT: 6/30/08
          Drug Test: 7/10/08
          Quals: (GS-7) 7/23/08
          Met w/ BI: 9/24/08
          BI submitted: 10/10/08
          TSU: 4/2/09
          Removed from TSU (med/fit): 6/4
          EOD:

          Comment


          • Originally posted by mlrtme View Post
            I tested the same date and have been on the same timeline as you. I also haven't heard anything from my BI and my CASS says "In the security office". To be honest, most people have waited much longer for the this process, so I try to put everything into perspective and tell myself to be patient.....and there are days that's more difficult than others
            Yea, that's how I feel too. Haven't met my BI yet & CASS says that my case is in the security office. It's hard to complain when soo many others have been waiting much longer. I continue to count the days...
            Written: 12-11-08
            Medical: 3-28-09 Pending
            B.I.: 5-21-09 pending

            Comment


            • Originally posted by jbyrjax View Post
              ...You can do anything a guy can do, you just need to work hard :-) Good luck!
              Soon you will realize peeing standing up is a lot of fun
              You shut your mouth when you're talking to me!

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Reapplied View Post
                IEA...I was reading on the net and their standards for graduation their initial PAA and final is hard, I'm a girl I can't lift 170lbs dummy,i'm kinda scared.
                I'm assuming you'll be dragging the dummy, not carrying it right? That takes a few pounds off
                Anyway, you'd be surprised how much you can do in a few weeks once you start working out and honing out the "muscle rust" hehe.

                Three years before applying I think the biggest workout for me was walking 5 flights of stairs and walk down the street to get a 6-pack. hehe
                I started working out about a month before I saw the CBP opening for my area. I decided to apply and see what happens. I ended up getting called in for the medical about 3 months after I had started to work out, and I tell you it probably made a world of difference. I probably would've been able to pass it, but I would've been dying with the step aerobic thing they make you do.
                you're not alone in feeling scared. I've been running and weight lifting for about 11 months now, dropped 20 pounds in the process and I still feel like I'm not ready.

                Practice and train for what you're preparing for, some strenght training, but also remember that posture and form are the key, do some research on the best technic to carry a person or dummy (in some cases they are the same hehe). you'll be surprised what you can do...
                CBPO (Location : MIA)

                Written: 08/08 .............................. T.O.: 08/30/08
                Pre-employment forms: 09/08....... Fitness: 10/08
                Medical: 10/08 -referred to specialist (02/15/09 cleared)
                VBT: 11/08 .................................. Drug test: 12/08
                B.I.: 01/09..................................... TSU: 02/23/09
                Fitness (retake): 10/09
                EOD: soon?? hehe

                Comment


                • Originally posted by soda View Post
                  I'm assuming you'll be dragging the dummy, not carrying it right? That takes a few pounds off
                  Anyway, you'd be surprised how much you can do in a few weeks once you start working out and honing out the "muscle rust" hehe.

                  Three years before applying I think the biggest workout for me was walking 5 flights of stairs and walk down the street to get a 6-pack. hehe
                  I started working out about a month before I saw the CBP opening for my area. I decided to apply and see what happens. I ended up getting called in for the medical about 3 months after I had started to work out, and I tell you it probably made a world of difference. I probably would've been able to pass it, but I would've been dying with the step aerobic thing they make you do.
                  you're not alone in feeling scared. I've been running and weight lifting for about 11 months now, dropped 20 pounds in the process and I still feel like I'm not ready.

                  Practice and train for what you're preparing for, some strenght training, but also remember that posture and form are the key, do some research on the best technic to carry a person or dummy (in some cases they are the same hehe). you'll be surprised what you can do...
                  LOL thank you and everyone for having hope in me...lol the dummy/person part was funny, but thanks I will try and give it my all.
                  These hands need your guidance!

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by jbyrjax View Post
                    Sure you can, you just need to work at it. I couldn't do a single push up a couple weeks ago, and now I can. You can do anything a guy can do, you just need to work hard :-) Good luck!
                    Hey thanks for that, your test is tomorrow, are you nervous?or just want to get it over with? which ever one good luck.
                    These hands need your guidance!

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Reapplied View Post
                      LOL thank you and everyone for having hope in me...lol the dummy/person part was funny, but thanks I will try and give it my all.
                      My friend applied for the PD and she had to do the dummy drag also.. she said she practiced by dragging a 188lb dummy around the park. I asked where she got the dummy? She said she found it on her couch everyday after work watching ESPN!

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by smpleone View Post
                        My friend applied for the PD and she had to do the dummy drag also.. she said she practiced by dragging a 188lb dummy around the park. I asked where she got the dummy? She said she found it on her couch everyday after work watching ESPN!
                        LOL. That was classic....good one.

                        Comment


                        • LOL.

                          There are a few simple ways to practice the dummy drag. If you have access to a weight sled you can tie a rope to it and walk backwards.

                          If not find an old tire. Put some plywood in the center. And put something heavy preferabbly weights or sandbags in the middle. Tie a rope to the tire. Walk backwards with it.

                          I train strongman and I had to do the dummy drag a few times for different departments and it was a joke because I am used to dragging a sled anywhere from 500-700lbs. So 170lb dummy is easy.

                          Comment


                          • 40 days and still didn't know my VBT results, the only thing left to enter in TSU ! God bless America !

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by ironwill727 View Post
                              LOL.

                              There are a few simple ways to practice the dummy drag. If you have access to a weight sled you can tie a rope to it and walk backwards.

                              If not find an old tire. Put some plywood in the center. And put something heavy preferabbly weights or sandbags in the middle. Tie a rope to the tire. Walk backwards with it.

                              I train strongman and I had to do the dummy drag a few times for different departments and it was a joke because I am used to dragging a sled anywhere from 500-700lbs. So 170lb dummy is easy.
                              LOL easy for you if you accustomed to dragging 500-700lbs but those are good idea's on how I should pratice...except for dragging the dummy sitting on the couch...lmao but If I find one on my couch one day I will practice with him.
                              These hands need your guidance!

                              Comment


                              • Does anyone know if the 1.5 mile run is 1630 or 15 flat

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 9047 users online. 324 members and 8723 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X