Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I called, but they just wanted me to leave a message, so I sent them an email instead.

I can't find my copies from the medical backgound, which makes me think that I may have neglected to copy them. Big dummy!

I got the paperwork only a day or two before I had to go, so that may be why I forgot to copy them.

I'm not sweating it too much. I know that I will be cleared, but I think this is just silly. Why did they even have a doctor look at me if they are going to make me go to another one? Don't they trust the doc doing the physical?

This is just a minor bump in the road..no big deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sakic View Post
      I called, but they just wanted me to leave a message, so I sent them an email instead.

I can't find my copies from the medical backgound, which makes me think that I may have neglected to copy them. Big dummy!

I got the paperwork only a day or two before I had to go, so that may be why I forgot to copy them.

I'm not sweating it too much. I know that I will be cleared, but I think this is just silly. Why did they even have a doctor look at me if they are going to make me go to another one? Don't they trust the doc doing the physical?

This is just a minor bump in the road..no big deal.
      It is a government paid medical screening, anything you bring up will be questioned... be it for CBP or any other government agency, if it was not something major then don't even mention it!
      All you can do now is "Lesson Learned" and move on, you are only beginning to see how tedious this whole process is for some. All you have to do is go to that doctor and have him write a letter stating that you're good to go, and you'll be fine.
      Good luck with the rest of the process...this is only the beginning...
      CBPO
      Written: 08/29/2007
      EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Sakic

So, I just got a package in the mail from MHC. Not good. I am not medically cleared because my medical showed a history of back and neck pain. I never ever said anything about that. Apparently, I mentioned that I go to the Chiropractor. They took that as back and neck pain. What a friggin crock. Now I have to schedule an appointment with an orthopedic surgeon! This is ridiculous. They didn't seem to care about the shoulder injuries that I disclosed.

Word to the wise for those yet to have medical screening: Keep your mouth shut about anything other than a major injury!

I talked to MHC 5 weeks ago and they told me I wasn't cleared b/c I had a procedure done on my back in 2004. I knew that was coming so it wasn't a big deal to me. At that time I asked the lady if everything else had cleared. I mentioned the EKG and hearing..and she said everything else was clear. A few days later I recieved my packet for my back. I went to see the orthopedic surgeon and was cleared in about 2 minutes. SUPER QUICK!! I mailed it off and began to wait. FOUR weeks have passed and THEN I get the packet from MHC this past Friday saying I didn't meet the hearing standard!!! WHAT?!? I called them up today and I was told that I had met the standard for Border Patrol but not CBP! (I had passed written test for both) Now I have to see an audiologist. I really wish they had sent the two letters together. My medical is the only thing left for me to clear! Does anyone know what the audiologist test will be like?
        Last edited by ZODIAC76; 04-27-2009, 02:14 PM.

Comment

• I guess I just take for granted the fact that I go to the chiropractor for general health, not just major back problems. I should not have mentioned it, but as you say, lesson learned.

If this is the only hiccup, I'll be happy.

If only by BI would start so I can deal with any issues there. Hopefully, there will be none, and there shouldn't be any, but after dealing with this medical thing, who knows.

Thanks everyone for the feedback.

Comment

• Hey guys, Just got back from my first day on. Lots of paperwork, basically the same papers your supposed to fill out. But some people "forget" them so do everyone a favor and double check your paperwork before you report, to those that have a EOD soon.

Other than that it was overall good.

Comment

• during the medical/ vision test do they make you take out your contacts?

Comment

• Yes they do. They do the vision test with and without glasses/contacts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ofc. Slater View Post
                  during the medical/ vision test do they make you take out your contacts?
                  You need to take them out so they can test your uncorrected vision.

Comment

• oh okay thanks for the info.

Comment

• If anyone knows about ICE's physical test before you get selected....how many push ups are required and what is the quals to graduate the academy?
                      These hands need your guidance!

Comment

• I'm in Miami, taking the test tomorrow, 4/27. Taking the CBP Test tomorrow. If anyone else is at the hotel, send me a PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Reapplied View Post
                          If anyone knows about ICE's physical test before you get selected....how many push ups are required and what is the quals to graduate the academy?
                          hmm you talking about ICE or CBP?

Comment

• Originally posted by paul354 View Post
                            I'm in Miami, taking the test tomorrow, 4/27. Taking the CBP Test tomorrow. If anyone else is at the hotel, send me a PM.
                            Umm you should be alarmed as today is the 27th my friend!

Comment

• Originally posted by nycmike87 View Post
                              Umm you should be alarmed as today is the 27th my friend!
                              my bad, test day is tomorrow, tuesday, april 28

Comment

• Originally posted by ask80 View Post
                                hmm you talking about ICE or CBP?
                                ice
                                These hands need your guidance!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6726 users online. 436 members and 6290 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X