Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
    Yes, NTEU is the union.

Let me know a bit more about the article you want and I'll try to dig it up for you.

Edit: this may help...

http://www.cbpunion.org/
    I believe it's the "Bid and Rotation Agreement Details" link.

I can't read it cuz I'm not a member.

Comment

• Originally posted by cbpomr View Post
      I believe it's the "Bid and Rotation Agreement Details" link.

I can't read it cuz I'm not a member.

I did a google search and found the agreement.
      https://nteu154.org/uploads/Bid__Rot...agreements.pdf

If this is it, it sounds a little more difficult from what I was told.

But the officer telling me this has probley worked in Detroit his whole career and for that reason may not know how it works exactly.
      Last edited by JBC; 04-26-2009, 02:17 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JBC View Post

But the officer telling me this has probley worked in Detroit his whole career and for that reason may not know how it works exactly.
        Thanks. I just read through the file and try to make some sense out of it. A lot of words before it got to a point...

It seems as if all this agreement did was make it easier on management to make flexible hours with the resources they have...but it would seem the resources would still dictate the schedules...in turn...no real change...???

Anyone has input?

Comment

Thanks. I just read through the file and try to make some sense out of it. A lot of words before it got to a point...

It seems as if all this agreement did was make it easier on management to make flexible hours with the resources they have...but it would seem the resources would still dictate the schedules...in turn...no real change...???

Anyone has input?

Comment

• Originally posted by Reapplied View Post
            Thank you and i do understand that.
            Cool. I just wanted to make sure you knew that. Some people come from the mistaken idea that our government actually cares about them. Not trying to diss the government, because it is the same with any large company.
            But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

To Merlin or anyone else that would know the way a "swap" works:

I have read that transfers can take 2 years but more likely more. What about a swap with another port for someone else. I have been told by an officer in Detroit that a swap was different. Is it different than a transfer? He told me that he knows officers in Detroit that have been waiting for a move to the Soo. He is telling me he thinks 6 months or so and they should ok a swap if I wanted one. He seems to think probation is not a big deal. I thought you had to stay at the POE you accept atleast until probation is over.

Just trying to be prepared for another Soo offer if it happens again.

Thanks.
              Let me preface this by saying that there are 20 different field offices and 327 different ports within CBP. A lot of issues are handled differently regionally and/or locally. Swaps and transfers are one of those issues. if you're looking for an universal answer, you probably won't find one.

Transfers are rare, very rare. Essentially, they happen when your old port is willing to let you go, and you have a new port willing to pick you up. Getting a new port willing to pick you up is the easiest part.

Swaps are a change of bodies. One guy moves in, the other moves out. Generally speaking they require the approval of both your port director/area port director/service port director/director of field operations and the other guy's PD/APD/SPD/DFO. Usually, swaps only happen between GS-11s. Usually, you can expect to work at least 3 years before being approved.

In your case, it's pretty much a local issue. Detroit and SSM ultimately are going to decide how it's done and what they're going to accept. I wouldn't even hazard a guess. Your guy on the ground there should know better than me.

Comment

• Originally posted by cbpomr View Post

Anyone has input?

B&R for the most part has to do with seniority and how shifts, assignments and locations are filled. It's more or less implemented differently in different ports, so it's hard to give a concrete answer that covers all. As new guys, it'll probably take years for you to build up enough time in to where it'll really effect you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hunt the Jackel View Post
                  I do not know how many work at our PORT. My Port has well over 500 or so. Your statements lack much meaning. " We get plenty of military " So do we . So what ? I work with 10 ex military on my shift. All were typists more or less. We also have a lot of retired teachers . How many retired teachers become Police Officers or Ice agents ? BY THE WAY I have a Masters . So add me to your list. HIGH SPEED ? TELL ME ABOUT DAY ! I already know what you do so don`t blow smoke. I told you mine .
                  But you forgot. Today
                  I started with an
                  Hour on Primary shopping, work, school , about 60 cars
                  1/2 Secondary compliance, compex, i 94s park cars etc
                  Counter you know what that is typing 101
                  1/2 Primary see first hour add 20 trunk checks
                  Lobby Greeter
                  Lobby sign in
                  Now tell me about your day
                  Oh and tell me what LAW ENFORCEMENT you did ? Did you detain an NCIC
                  or do ZT ????????
                  Maybe you had a big day opened a trunk found a load. And did three hours of paperwork . WHILE the locals or ICE did interview and controlled delivery
                  I am starting to wonder what you think law enforcement is. I was a military police officer in the U.S. Army, a part time cop in my home town, a security guard at a hospital, and a corrections officer in a prison for 15 years. I really hate to burst your bubble, but what you described here is the bulk every single job that I have had. ALL WERE LAW ENFORCEMENT on different levels. Most of the time law enforcement consists of alot of administrative work and
                  those two "confusing" words PUBLIC SERVICE. They are not confusing at all. They are exactly what they say they are. There are very few law enforcement jobs out there that are not more administration than they are "action". I am also starting to wonder what you consider "action", because alot of times it is no more than a guy putting his hands behind his back to cuff up. Most comply, and VERY few don't. There are some "LE" jobs out there that are crazy every day. I take nothing away from the guys who work those jobs. But very few "LE" jobs are like that. So where do you draw the line, who deserves the "status" and who doesnt. You go out there every day with a gun strapped to your side. You provide a PUBLIC SERVICE. When something goes wrong everyone will turn to you for reaction and protection. That may never happen your whole career, but if it does you are responsible for the proper reaction and more importantly, the safety of others. That is what you get paid for and that is what "status" should be based on.
                  Last edited by co94; 04-26-2009, 09:51 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 500pearl View Post
                    You are really something. Your actions are completely irrational and contradictory. You do not have the energy to deal with me, but you have all the energy to whine and moan; perhaps you do not want to deal with me because everything I stated was accurate and dead on.

You seek advice and want people on this forum to hear your story and sympathize with your situation. Yet when offered advice and opinions you challenge its validity due to the fact the poster does not work for MHC. If your hope is to find someone on this forum that works for MHC, who will hold your hand, listen to your sob story, and walk you through the hiring process like a little kid, good luck with that as well as securing any future positions.
                    My "actions" it's that something you see? hummm and nothing i said contradicts anything, true the gov't doesn't care I never asked them to I stated they are about money...saving it not dishing it out but. me finding someone from MHC on here? lol ok now your assuming once again I don't care if congress was on here if you don't have intel from MHC don't say what they do and don't do to issue a TO. I'm just going by what the Supervisors and Managers said not one of them but a few now someone else answering the phone is going to give you what you should hear..."yes we go by test score" just give me some time and I will come back and even pass you in the process again!
                    Last edited by Reapplied; 04-26-2009, 10:35 AM.
                    These hands need your guidance!

Comment

• Good luck Reapplied with everything, I hope you find your answer may you be successful in your pursuit of becoming a cbp officer.

Comment

Good luck Reapplied with everything, I hope you find your answer may you be successful in your pursuit of becoming a cbp officer.
                        Aww... That was super nice.
                        Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

• Originally posted by Sky
                          Hi!

I am scheduled for the written this upcoming week, and the instructions indicate to the test will last about 4 1/2 hours. Is this an accurate time-frame?

Thanks!
                          That sounds about right. There are 4 sections and breaks after each.
                          Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

Hi!

I am scheduled for the written this upcoming week, and the instructions indicate to the test will last about 4 1/2 hours. Is this an accurate time-frame?

Thanks!
                            That is correct. You'll bubble in your info on a scantron for about 45 min, then the test will commence. Good luck on the exam.
                            Written: 12-11-08
                            Medical: 3-28-09 Pending
                            B.I.: 5-21-09 pending

Comment

Good luck Reapplied with everything, I hope you find your answer may you be successful in your pursuit of becoming a cbp officer.
                              Same to you and everyone else

Comment

Hi!

Thanks!
                                good luck sky, what location did you choose?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8231 users online. 244 members and 7987 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X