Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Reapplied--Something you need to realize, if you don't already, is the government doesn't care about you. Your first line supervisor might care, but that is about it. You are a number, nothing more to most of the people in the government. Just remember this and your time with the government will go much easier and be more predictable.
    But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

    For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by kc12 View Post
      Reapplied--Something you need to realize, if you don't already, is the government doesn't care about you. Your first line supervisor might care, but that is about it. You are a number, nothing more to most of the people in the government. Just remember this and your time with the government will go much easier and be more predictable.
      Thank you and i do understand that...but no one can say what MHC does unless you work for them, and to say that I was given an opportunity and left the seat empty...is uncalled for and that seat could stay empty for all I care but no one knew the extent for me leaving like I said my health/family was and is more important than a seat, now all of that is taken care of I would like my career back or should i say my privliged opportunity.
      These hands need your guidance!

      Comment


      • Merlin KC12 I hesitate to type this......but hunt the jackass? Is it safe for us CBPO's to answer questions again?? =)
        What if quotas did exist?!

        Comment


        • I am getting annoyed with this process again. . .I had my medical on the 13th of March and haven't heard anything from them yet. I had my VBT the 26th and received my results already. Can anyone think of a reason why it is so long to get any response in regards to it.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by ExSDSO View Post
            Merlin KC12 I hesitate to type this......but hunt the jackass? Is it safe for us CBPO's to answer questions again?? =)
            Now that is the "professionalism" that CBP looks for, it's people like this that are holding up the ports for opportunity for the rest of us!
            These hands need your guidance!

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Reapplied View Post
              Thank you and i do understand that...but no one can say what MHC does unless you work for them, and to say that I was given an opportunity and left the seat empty...is uncalled for and that seat could stay empty for all I care but no one knew the extent for me leaving like I said my health/family was and is more important than a seat, now all of that is taken care of I would like my career back or should i say my privliged opportunity.
              First off, again with the spelling and grammatical mistakes. Reapplied, I do not know what your past experiences were, and frankly I do not care. From what I understand, and I am not speaking as a representative of the HR or hiring perspective of CBP or DHS, you are attempting to reactivate or reapply for the CBP position. It appears you went to the academy and left, the reason for your departure is actually irrelevant.

              Merlin has been attempting to explain to you the situation from the most logical perspective. You to be considered and ranked amongst the applicants from the recent announcement which closed on the 19th, correct?
              If that is indeed the case, don't you realize that you need to wait for all applicants to take the written exam and receive their NOR along with their geographical preferences? Only after that step is complete, will your score and geographical preference be placed on the same list and ranked equally along with the new applicants. There are exams scheduled well into the second week of May. For all applicants nationwide to take the exam, have the exams scored, lists generated based on scores and geographical preferences could possibly at the earliest June. Tentative offers based on the score & location preferences would come at a later time after the lists are generated. The fact that you previously successfully made it through the medical, background, written, and other portions of the hiring process is irrelevant. Test results expire and you may be asked to complete the aforementioned steps.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Reapplied View Post
                Now that is the "professionalism" that CBP looks for, it's people like this that are holding up the ports for opportunity for the rest of us!
                You really have to take a deep breath and relax.

                The above post was not about you.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Reapplied View Post
                  Not true you don't work for MHC so you don't know for sure what they base anything on, and for you to say that about me you don't have a heart, you don't know the reason I left you don't know if it was medical or if one of my parents,siblings or child passed away or even both so you have no heart to even mention that family is more important than any job i can always get my job back but not another family....I respected you up until this point, you speak as if you work for MHC...MHC does not look at only your score to base a TO on ok and I have spoken to chief managers there and if DHS can save money on me being that i'm half way thru my process then they can use the money left over to supply the port with another "body", or do whatever they want with it.
                  Well...I don't know what else to tell you. If you want to continue to believe that your situation gives you much of an advantage over anybody else, have at it.

                  You really should have a talk with Barnaj, next time he comes about. Like you, he's a guy who went almost to the end of the academy before resigning for whatever reason(s). Like you, he reapplied. Now nearly two years later he's still sitting and waiting for his number to be called. He'll be able to tell you of all the advantages of being "half way through the process".

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by 500pearl View Post
                    First off, again with the spelling and grammatical mistakes. Reapplied, I do not know what your past experiences were, and frankly I do not care. From what I understand, and I am not speaking as a representative of the HR or hiring perspective of CBP or DHS, you are attempting to reactivate or reapply for the CBP position. It appears you went to the academy and left, the reason for your departure is actually irrelevant.

                    Merlin has been attempting to explain to you the situation from the most logical perspective. You to be considered and ranked amongst the applicants from the recent announcement which closed on the 19th, correct?
                    If that is indeed the case, don't you realize that you need to wait for all applicants to take the written exam and receive their NOR along with their geographical preferences? Only after that step is complete, will your score and geographical preference be placed on the same list and ranked equally along with the new applicants. There are exams scheduled well into the second week of May. For all applicants nationwide to take the exam, have the exams scored, lists generated based on scores and geographical preferences could possibly at the earliest June. Tentative offers based on the score & location preferences would come at a later time after the lists are generated. The fact that you previously successfully made it through the medical, background, written, and other portions of the hiring process is irrelevant. Test results expire and you may be asked to complete the aforementioned steps.
                    Thanks...you're right!...you all CBPO's are right! us applicants don't know anything.
                    These hands need your guidance!

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Reapplied View Post
                      Thanks...you're right!...you all CBPO's are right! us applicants don't know anything.
                      I am not a CBP officer and I never stated that I am. I, along with Merlin and others on this forum, have been attempting to explain and decipher your situation for you. No poster has intended to offend, counter, or discredit your situation and circumstances. Instead of recognizing the assistance offered by strangers, you accuse groundlessly others of belittling you and not being sympathetic.

                      There is no sympathy on this forum, no sympathy in real life for any of our actions and experiences, that is life and reality. What this forum has to offer are current CBP officers, and applicants like myself, who are here to benefit each other in the hiring process by offering advice and knowledge. It seems you refuse to take in and process logically the abundant amount of information others who are in the field and have been in the same position as yourself have to offer. If that is clearly the case, your situation mostly resembles a rabid dog biting furiously without a cause at anyone and everyone, including individuals offering to assist you with the best intention in mind. Good luck in your pursuit of a securing a position as a CBP officer or any other profession/occupation.

                      Comment


                      • I haven't seen anyone on here that has gone through what I have so i would appreciate those who have to give me advice than someone assuming what will happen with me.
                        These hands need your guidance!

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Reapplied View Post
                          I haven't seen anyone on here that has gone through what I have so i would appreciate those who have to give me advice than someone assuming what will happen with me.
                          It is highly unlikely you will encounter an applicant that has experienced the exact same set of circumstances which you encountered. That being said, the next best thing is to take what is offered on this forum as a generic parallel course of events (which you refer to as assuming) which would normally and logically occur to an applicant with your circumstances. Either that or don't ask for advice, refute its validity and accuse posters of assuming.

                          Comment


                          • It's nice to go back at each other like this but it doesn't turn me on....i don't really have the energy to deal with you, but i appreciate your advice but since you don't work for MHC I will deal with them and not you. Thanks
                            These hands need your guidance!

                            Comment


                            • You are really something. Your actions are completely irrational and contradictory. You do not have the energy to deal with me, but you have all the energy to whine and moan; perhaps you do not want to deal with me because everything I stated was accurate and dead on.

                              You seek advice and want people on this forum to hear your story and sympathize with your situation. Yet when offered advice and opinions you challenge its validity due to the fact the poster does not work for MHC. If your hope is to find someone on this forum that works for MHC, who will hold your hand, listen to your sob story, and walk you through the hiring process like a little kid, good luck with that as well as securing any future positions.

                              Comment


                              • To Merlin or anyone else that would know the way a "swap" works:

                                I have read that transfers can take 2 years but more likely more. What about a swap with another port for someone else. I have been told by an officer in Detroit that a swap was different. Is it different than a transfer? He told me that he knows officers in Detroit that have been waiting for a move to the Soo. He is telling me he thinks 6 months or so and they should ok a swap if I wanted one. He seems to think probation is not a big deal. I thought you had to stay at the POE you accept atleast until probation is over.

                                Just trying to be prepared for another Soo offer if it happens again.

                                Thanks.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 7930 users online. 204 members and 7726 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X