300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Reapplied View Post
    Geesh! How long do you have to wait for a new NOR?, being that I didn't take the test and just used my old test score all they have to do is reprint it! I think we have to wait until testing is finished but, when is that? MHC said I would get a NOR when the announcement closes, they tell you what you want to hear rather than the truth.

The test is closed; it closed on the 19th or 20th.

Since you already know what your test score is, what good will a NOR do you? Maybe you were placed at the bottom of the pile, since all they're doing is mailing you out a NOR that in a practical sense you already have.

Comment

• Originally posted by girly View Post
      I would go but I will not sell my house, I will rent there and pay my mortgage here in hopes that I can transfer in two years. I will most likely come home on long weekends, all of my family is here, and my kids will miss them.
      If you're going in with the hopes of transfering 2 years down the road...well...it probably won't happen. Most likely it'll take 3,4 maybe close to 5 years before you'll be able to arrange a move out.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
        The test is closed; it closed on the 19th or 20th.

Since you already know what your test score is, what good will a NOR do you? Maybe you were placed at the bottom of the pile, since all they're doing is mailing you out a NOR that in a practical sense you already have.
        well i'm not placed at the bottom, me getting a NOR even though I know my score is useless for me to have but, it is an indication that i am back in the waiting pool! And some kind of signal would be nice! it closed on the 19th
        These hands need your guidance!

Comment

well i'm not placed at the bottom, me getting a NOR even though I know my score is useless for me to have but, it is an indication that i am back in the waiting pool! And some kind of signal would be nice! it closed on the 19th
          Why would you be sent a NOR when you already know your score? Since that is all a NOR is, the results of how you did on the exam. Wouldn't you be waiting for a TO. When you receive a TO is when you are invited into the pool. Many people take the exam, receive a NOR, but don't get any farther.
          Last edited by TPA3312; 04-25-2009, 04:36 PM.
          Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

• Originally posted by TPA3312 View Post
            Why would you be sent a NOR when you already know your score? Since that is all a NOR is, the results of how you did on the exam. Wouldn't you be waiting for a TO. When you receive a TO is when you are invited into the pool. Many people take the exam, receive a NOR, but don't get any farther.
            I don't know why they would want to send another NOR but that's their process, it's and INDICATION that you are an active applicant. til then you haven't been placed back in th pool, yes I would be waiting on a TO but if you don't get a NOR first then you file has not been downloaded in the pool system as yet! I am not many people...I reapplied and will get somewhere such as back at the academy where I was, but it's been moving slower recently!

Comment

I don't know why they would want to send another NOR but that's their process, it's and INDICATION that you are an active applicant. til then you haven't been placed back in th pool, yes I would be waiting on a TO but if you don't get a NOR first then you file has not been downloaded in the pool system as yet! I am not many people...I reapplied and will get somewhere such as back at the academy where I was, but it's been moving slower recently!
              When I said many people take the exam, receive a NOR, and never move forward, I was reffering to the ones who fail or receive a low passing score. I'm guessing you received a good score if you have already attended FLETC already.

Comment

When I said many people take the exam, receive a NOR, and never move forward, I was reffering to the ones who fail or receive a low passing score. I'm guessing you received a good score if you have already attended FLETC already.
                it's not all about the score, because it was an ok score it's not all to brag about it takes more than just a good score to pass everthing that I have already. Their process is weird but they do it after I get back in the inventory and hopefully I get a TO I go straight to TSU because all my qualifications are still active. But just to get back in the inventory is slow. I know you didn't mean anything by it, LOL they can't move foward if they fail, well it's just frustrating to wait.
                Last edited by Reapplied; 04-25-2009, 05:14 PM.

Comment

You do realize that the fact you're a former trainee means basically nothing at this point in your process, don't you? In fact, depending on your test score and your geographical preference...there's some chance that you will never get selected for a TO.

Comment

• Originally posted by nordy racer View Post
                    i hope they give you LB or LAX man.. i know you have been waiting .. good luck
                    Eh. The real issue is that I'm almost done with the Border Patrol academy. I'm going to a solid station with some really great guys, but it's not where I want to be (San Diego). So basically for me if they don't offer me San Ysidro/Otay etc etc then I'll probably turn it down. It has made for an interesting weekend though.
                    "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

You do realize that the fact you're a former trainee means basically nothing at this point in your process, don't you? In fact, depending on your test score and your geographical preference...there's some chance that you will never get selected for a TO.
                      just wondering how you know that? cause i spoke to someone at the hiring center and they said they look at more than just a score...explain why i read on here some people have scores like 104 and never get a TO? but anyway my luck is different and prayers...just wait.

Comment

• That's basicly what the people at TSU have told me. If CBPO or BP picks me first the other will offer a position once I complete FLETC. The only thing I didn't understand, if I accept BP, go through training, how could I be offered a CBPO position if nothing is still open in my selected location? But the lady in TSU said they had to make an offer.

Comment

That's basicly what the people at TSU have told me. If CBPO or BP picks me first the other will offer a position once I complete FLETC. The only thing I didn't understand, if I accept BP, go through training, how could I be offered a CBPO position if nothing is still open in my selected location? But the lady in TSU said they had to make an offer.
                          Ofcourse they will say that they don't want to send "the wrong idea" it's a basic line they say, because think about it ...the gov't is about money and they spend on an average applicant 50k on each to go to the academy so if they have an applicant like me who they already spent about 20k on interviews, BI,physical,medical etc. just sitting in the pool waiting to be called in "score order", and all those things are already cleared...it would cost them more money to spend on me if my quals expire...doesn't make sense to have me sitting there until they reach my score and or GEO pref.! so how can you be offered a BP position if your going through CBPO classes? Don't they teach things a lil different and their physical test at the academy is different?

Comment

just wondering how you know that? cause i spoke to someone at the hiring center and they said they look at more than just a score...explain why i read on here some people have scores like 104 and never get a TO? but anyway my luck is different and prayers...just wait.

I have no idea what the hiring center told you. Yes, they look at more than just the score...they look at your location preference as well.

Yes, it's possible to get a score of 104 and never get a TO...because TOs are issued based jointly on test scores and geographical location. Pick a location with very few CBPOs and little turn-over, say Nebraska, and someone might not get a TO with a 104. On the other hand, pick a location with lots of CBPOs and/or extremely short-staffed, like Texas or Montana, and someone might get picked up with a 70.

Comment

Ofcourse they will say that they don't want to send "the wrong idea" it's a basic line they say, because think about it ...the gov't is about money and they spend on an average applicant 50k on each to go to the academy so if they have an applicant like me who they already spent about 20k on interviews, BI,physical,medical etc. just sitting in the pool waiting to be called in "score order", and all those things are already cleared...it would cost them more money to spend on me if my quals expire...doesn't make sense to have me sitting there until they reach my score and or GEO pref.! so how can you be offered a BP position if your going through CBPO classes? Don't they teach things a lil different and their physical test at the academy is different?
                              Nobody in the G cares that you're a former trainee or how much money they have tied up in you currently, you'll sit and wait just as if you never applied before...up to the point you draw your TO. Then, you may see yourself start to jump ahead a bit.

If they did care, what makes you think they'd care in your favor...anyways?

They spent 50K on you already, brought you in and spent money on you for pre-academy, gave you a class seat at FLETC and what did you do? You resigned and walked out on them, leaving them an empty seat at the academy that they might have filled had you walked two weeks earlier.

Not that I'm saying that any of that matters to anyone. None of it likely matters, either way. For the most part you'll process as if you never applied before.

Comment

Nobody in the G cares that you're a former trainee or how much money they have tied up in you currently, you'll sit and wait just as if you never applied before...up to the point you draw your TO. Then, you may see yourself start to jump ahead a bit.

If they did care, what makes you think they'd care in your favor...anyways?

They spent 50K on you already, brought you in and spent money on you for pre-academy, gave you a class seat at FLETC and what did you do? You resigned and walked out on them, leaving them an empty seat at the academy that they might have filled had you walked two weeks earlier.

Not that I'm saying that any of that matters to anyone. None of it likely matters, either way. For the most part you'll process as if you never applied before.
                                Not true you don't work for MHC so you don't know for sure what they base anything on, and for you to say that about me you don't have a heart, you don't know the reason I left you don't know if it was medical or if one of my parents,siblings or child passed away or even both so you have no heart to even mention that family is more important than any job i can always get my job back but not another family....I respected you up until this point, you speak as if you work for MHC...MHC does not look at only your score to base a TO on ok and I have spoken to chief managers there and if DHS can save money on me being that i'm half way thru my process then they can use the money left over to supply the port with another "body", or do whatever they want with it.
                                Last edited by Reapplied; 04-25-2009, 09:47 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5397 users online. 209 members and 5188 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X