300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 5hole View Post
    Thanks. Based on the arguments of late I said "documented law enforcement position" meaning if in 5 years I choose to apply for a deputy sheriff job would they look at me as entry level or lateral? Would they consider me to have proper LEO experience or not? I believe you answered my question. I also found a site that listed this position as a federal law enforcement job so I will make sure I ignore any posts that contradict this.

If anybody would like to share stories of CBPOs that moved on to a "higher up" CBP position or moved on to a non-homeland security law enforcement job I would love to hear how they got there. Just trying to see what the future may hold. Thanks.
    i will chime in...
    i know CBPOs that went on to ICE Special Agents, but they weren't laterals. they had to apply, take the test, interview, etc and go through a whole different academy.

you can move higher up or to other jobs, but you would still have to apply as a entry level and go through the process and go through a whole different academy. CBP will give you good experience but if you want to go on to FBI, USSS, CIA (which is not a LE agency) then you'll have to qualify and compete with all the other applicants and go through and attend a different academy. i don't know of any state, local, federal agency that will take the CBP academy as lateral training because it's specific to CBP, unlike CITP which is for many different federal agencies.

who knows you may like it in CBP, but you should get your foot in the door with the federal govt and before 37. good luck

Comment

• Originally posted by ExSDSO View Post
      The busiest is San Ysidro, but I heard El Paso can mirror the amount of traffic Ysidro gets at times. Lots of new people today in our briefing area, id say about 20 pre fletc and 4 or 5 that just got back. I enjoy San Ysidro plus living in San Diego if you don't mind spending a little bit more money for room and board.
      I'll have to see what they say on monday. If they offer me San Ysidro I'll have to take awhile to decide what I really want to do.
      "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• Originally posted by cbpomr View Post
        NTEU is our Union?

I tried to register but I don't know my chapter as of yet.

I was trying to access an article on the website that detailed a current event that affected work schedules...any of you guys are a member of the newsletter?
        Anyone?

Comment

• Originally posted by soto2635 View Post
          anyone??
          me! VBT and phys soon.
          "When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle."

Comment

• Originally posted by sap123 View Post
            So I got in from work today, and noticed I had a voicemail. It was from the hiring unit calling me to "talk to me about the CBPO position." Anyone know what ports on the SW border people are going to lately? I won't be able to call them back until Monday.
            I just got the call a couple weeks ago and they offered me San Ysidro or Tecate. I asked about Otay and they filled up over a month ago.

Comment

• I think an earlier post stated that the SW region was losing 58 people per pay period. Don't know if those are all at the actual POE, but it still sounds like a lot.
              "When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle."

Comment

• Originally posted by K0R3 View Post
                I think an earlier post stated that the SW region was losing 58 people per pay period. Don't know if those are all at the actual POE, but it still sounds like a lot.

That's probably the agency as a whole is losing 58 officers a pay period, to retirements, resignations, etc.

We have 20,000+ CBPO's in the agency. 58 x 26 pay-periods is 1508, which is roughly 7-8% of the agency. Overall, that's not horrible attrition, fed wise. We used to well above 10%, as did Border Patrol.

Comment

• Quote:
                  Originally Posted by cbpomr
                  NTEU is our Union?

I tried to register but I don't know my chapter as of yet.

I was trying to access an article on the website that detailed a current event that affected work schedules...any of you guys are a member of the newsletter?

Anyone?
                  Yes, NTEU is the union.

Let me know a bit more about the article you want and I'll try to dig it up for you.

Edit: this may help...

http://www.cbpunion.org/
                  Last edited by merlin436; 04-24-2009, 10:34 PM. Reason: addition

Comment

• so apparently ive been completely dropped from the hiring process. woke up one day and called the CASS line and it said my login information did not match their records however i was still able to log into CASS online and was also able to see that my drug test cleared. which i thought was weird since i thought the phone updates faster than online and ive been calling the line everyday. i call up MHC and they tell me ive been dropped due to something about secuirity and they sent out a letter to me on the 21st. i try to log into CASS later that day and i couldnt. anyone have any ideas on what happened? CASS online listed my security as "in the security office" and i have not yet met with my BI.

what could it have been for them to just drop me like that without even a NOPA?

Comment

• Originally posted by JRizEJ6 View Post
                      so apparently ive been completely dropped from the hiring process. woke up one day and called the CASS line and it said my login information did not match their records however i was still able to log into CASS online and was also able to see that my drug test cleared. which i thought was weird since i thought the phone updates faster than online and ive been calling the line everyday. i call up MHC and they tell me ive been dropped due to something about secuirity and they sent out a letter to me on the 21st. i try to log into CASS later that day and i couldnt. anyone have any ideas on what happened? CASS online listed my security as "in the security office" and i have not yet met with my BI.

what could it have been for them to just drop me like that without even a NOPA?
                      It's hard to say without knowing your entire story and what you claimed and did not claim on your SF86. There are several automatic disqualifiers (LSD, recent drug usage, massive debt, domestic violence, firearm violations, ect.)

You previously said you claimed you smoked pot years ago but didn't give an amount, it could have seemed like you were hiding years of usage. And also had complications with your mother's birth certificate. That alone raises questions for me since on my SF86 all I needed for my mom was name, DOB, place of birth, and maiden name. Was she not a citizen and that's why you needed a certificate?

I'm sure the letter they sent will say what it is for.
                      Last edited by TPA3312; 04-25-2009, 12:51 AM.
                      Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

• Originally posted by DirtStyx View Post
                        Will you go? I know I will but I wouldn't be very pleased. Selling a house right now doesn't seem like a possibility.
                        I would go but I will not sell my house, I will rent there and pay my mortgage here in hopes that I can transfer in two years. I will most likely come home on long weekends, all of my family is here, and my kids will miss them.
                        Tested March 08
                        TO June 08
                        Medical COMPLETE 12/08
                        VBT complete 08 passed
                        Qualification GS-5 September 08
                        BI September 08 complete April 09

FITNESS REDO AUG 7TH FAILED
                        NOW IT IS TIME TO START ALL OVER AGAIN

Comment

So I got in from work today, and noticed I had a voicemail. It was from the hiring unit calling me to "talk to me about the CBPO position." Anyone know what ports on the SW border people are going to lately? I won't be able to call them back until Monday.
                          i hope they give you LB or LAX man.. i know you have been waiting .. good luck

Comment

• Originally posted by girly View Post
                            I would go but I will not sell my house, I will rent there and pay my mortgage here in hopes that I can transfer in two years. I will most likely come home on long weekends, all of my family is here, and my kids will miss them.
                            Land is relatively cheap at the soo, especially when you hit 11.
                            But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Geesh! How long do you have to wait for a new NOR?, being that I didn't take the test and just used my old test score all they have to do is reprint it! I think we have to wait until testing is finished but, when is that? MHC said I would get a NOR when the announcement closes, they tell you what you want to hear rather than the truth.
                              Last edited by Reapplied; 04-25-2009, 11:53 AM.
                              These hands need your guidance!

Comment

I wonder if they are calling to offer you another location close by.
                                These hands need your guidance!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13019 users online. 492 members and 12527 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X