300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TPA3312 View Post
    You are correct. Once CASS says you have been reffered to schedule EOD, you are in TSU. Congrats!
    No already passed my VBT, just forgot to update my signature. Thanks for the information though I appreciate it.
    Tested March 08
    TO June 08
    Medical COMPLETE 12/08
    VBT complete 08 passed
    Qualification GS-5 September 08
    BI September 08 complete April 09

FITNESS REDO AUG 7TH FAILED
    NOW IT IS TIME TO START ALL OVER AGAIN

Comment

• Originally posted by blk98gt View Post
      I swear if anyone tells me that the question I asked has already been answered in this thread once and that I should not be "wasting" space on this thread I will punch a giraffe in the neck!!!
      So go ahead people, ask what TSU stands for because it's not nearly the wasted time and space as that horse $hit I just read on the last pages!

Anyway congrats girly, I had that message for less than a week on CASS after which it said I was referred to TSU for EOD.
      Thanks, and I would agree that whoever that Hunt the Jackel is he just needs to hush up.
      Tested March 08
      TO June 08
      Medical COMPLETE 12/08
      VBT complete 08 passed

Comment

• Originally posted by soto2635 View Post
        i was wondering if any of you have applyed for the southwest region? and if so how long have you been waiting or have waited?
        anyone??
        "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem." President Ronald Reagan.

Comment

anyone??
          Me !

Test: 05/06
          NOR: 02/09 (Arizona)
          TO: 03/09
          pre employment Forms: COMPLETE
          Qualifcation: COMPLETE GS-7
          Medical: COMPLETE
          Drug Test: COMPLETE
          Fitness: COMPLETE
          VBT: PENDING ( A month and a half ) SUCKS !
          BI: COMPLETE
          EOD: pending

Comment

• For the applicants reading the arguments between Jackel and well everyone else. Merlin hit it pretty well Jackel does not think highly of the agency or his job, but he is very negative. I think his anger/disappointment/whatever can be summed up by his description of his interaction and physical description of his supervisor. There are ports where we are very limited in what we can do. Then again, as described by EXSDSO, there are ports where supervision has no problem letting us do our jobs with little interference. There are also ports where supervision seem to have their favorites. From my experience the supervisor's favorites are the ones who don't complain, don't screw things up and can be relied upon to do the job correctly.

If you haven't noticed when one of us, who are on the job, counter what Jackel has stated he response is, "No you didn't, it isn't allowed." It appears he is at a port that is very restrictive in how they do their job. One of the first things they tell you in the academy is you will learn national policy there. The ports are left to do the job how they see fit, hopefully in compliance with national policy. The cool thing about national policy is there is a waiver for everything. What is to say that someone on the southern land border hasn't spoken to someone in DC and requested a waiver to supervisor approval for full body searches? Jackel has stated we can't arrest and made jokes when any of us say we have made arrests. I have made arrests, EXSDSO stated he also has made arrests. So we are able to make arrests, if allowed by port policy. Jackel's port obviously doesn't allow their officer's to make arrests.

The port I work is essentially all cargo. We have very restrictive policies in place for most things we do and almost anything requires supervisor approval (I've yet to have one say no to a valid request). I think that is mostly because there really isn't anything going on and the sups want to feel included. If you go to a larger cargo port their policies are much more lenient and supervisor approval is not needed for most things.

The long and short of it is, in this job you most likely will not be out running and gunning. As I say to my local police cohorts who say bad things about my job, "you keep looking for your dime bags, and I'll keep looking for my kilos."
            But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Originally posted by junito9210 View Post
              Me !

NOR: 02/09 (Arizona)
              pre employment Forms: COMPLETE
              Qualifcation: COMPLETE GS-7
              Medical: COMPLETE
              Drug Test: COMPLETE
              Fitness: COMPLETE
              VBT: PENDING ( A month and a half ) SUCKS !
              EOD: pending
              how fast has it moved for you??
              "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem." President Ronald Reagan.

Comment

how fast has it moved for you??
                Pretty much like you ! except for the BI Because they use the one from BP ! But i think it has been like 2 month to get everuthing cleared !

NOR: 02/09 (Arizona) applied 01/31
                pre employment Forms: COMPLETE 03/25
                Qualifcation: COMPLETE GS-7 04/16
                Medical: COMPLETE 03/27
                Drug Test: COMPLETE 03/25
                Fitness: COMPLETE 03/27
                VBT: PENDING ( A month and a half ) SUCKS ! 03/25

Comment

• Originally posted by AmahastPL View Post
                  All this discussion on what ‘makes’ an officer… come on already! So, if you don’t chase and punch someone on a weekly basis you’re not ‘an officer’?
                  How about people who are little less adrenaline pumped, who want a steady income, and a peace of mind that the mortgage will get paid on time, who are not necessarily looking to kick doors in every other day, much less have some lowlife shoot at them!?
                  And that perfectly sums it up. You wanna be the police, go be the police. ****ing and moaning about how this job isn't something that it's not isn't going to do anyone any good.

I, too, am a legacy inspector. When the job changed, I was upset. I was being forced to do a job that I never wanted to do. Now, I could always be bitter about that, or look at it as an opportunity to add to my skillset and learn how things were done on the "other side of the house." I chose the latter. I work with people like Jackel who chose the first option and, for some reason, still haven't left. To each their own, I guess.

Like any job, there are aspects of this job I hate. But there are a few I like and even more that I'm thankful for. While you won't be kicking in any doors or cracking the case of the year here, you can do some good.

Comment

• kc12

As I say to my local police cohorts who say bad things about my job, "you keep looking for your dime bags, and I'll keep looking for my kilos."

I love the line! All this garbage of "real" officers is a complete waste of time! If you hate the job, then man up and have the sac to LEAVE! If you're this annoying here, I feel sorry for the OFFICERS that have to listen to your b!tch!ng and moaning everyday at work! Leave the job and find something else to do!!( for ALL who hate the job)
                    Last edited by ZODIAC76; 04-24-2009, 02:56 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by blk98gt View Post
                      I swear if anyone tells me that the question I asked has already been answered in this thread once and that I should not be "wasting" space on this thread I will punch a giraffe in the neck!!!
                      So go ahead people, ask what TSU stands for because it's not nearly the wasted time and space as that horse $hit I just read on the last pages!

Anyway congrats girly, I had that message for less than a week on CASS after which it said I was referred to TSU for EOD.
                      +5 to everything you just said!! Can we please have our forum back now? This hijacking really sucks. Congrats girly! I'm really happy for you. I hope they offer you PH. Good luck

Comment

• Morning everybody... New to this but have been reading everyones input. I'm glad I'm not the only one waiting this out its extremely stressful. Hopefully this BI gets cleared soon. Been waiting since OCT 2008, thats when I met with my BI
                        CBPOJFK
                        Exam 03/2008---86
                        Pre-Employment Forms---08/2008 check
                        Qualifications---07/2008---GS 5 check
                        Medical 07/2008---08/2009 check
                        Drug Test---07/2008 check
                        VBT---07/2008 check
                        Fitness---8/2009 check
                        BI---08/13/2009 check

Referred to Schedule EOD 8/28/2009 TSU BABY!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by junito9210 View Post
                          Pretty much like you ! except for the BI Because they use the one from BP ! But i think it has been like 2 month to get everuthing cleared !

NOR: 02/09 (Arizona) applied 01/31
                          pre employment Forms: COMPLETE 03/25
                          Qualifcation: COMPLETE GS-7 04/16
                          Medical: COMPLETE 03/27
                          Drug Test: COMPLETE 03/25
                          Fitness: COMPLETE 03/27
                          VBT: PENDING ( A month and a half ) SUCKS ! 03/25
                          i see it weird ur vbt is taking so long to clear mine cleared in 2 weeks.im still waiting for the quals,BI and pre employment forms

Comment

• Originally posted by FreeAgent View Post
                            Anybody here gona join me in CLASS 955? June 18 report date!
                            I'll be there!

Comment

• Originally posted by DirtStyx View Post
                              +5 to everything you just said!! Can we please have our forum back now? This hijacking really sucks. Congrats girly! I'm really happy for you. I hope they offer you PH. Good luck
                              Thanks, I also hope they offer PH, right now it looks like it is only the soo ?
                              Tested March 08
                              TO June 08
                              Medical COMPLETE 12/08
                              VBT complete 08 passed

Comment

• Will you go? I know I will but I wouldn't be very pleased. Selling a house right now doesn't seem like a possibility.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13021 users online. 490 members and 12531 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X