300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NTEU is our Union?

I tried to register but I don't know my chapter as of yet.

I was trying to access an article on the website that detailed a current event that affected work schedules...any of you guys are a member of the newsletter?

Comment

• Originally posted by tippmann87 View Post
      If you are working at an airport and a passenger assaults you for whatever reason, do you have the authority to arrest the passenger for something like assault on a federal officer? Or can you only detain the person until the local PD comes to charge them?
      A question like that is probably best not answered fully on an open board such as this. If the answer was "no", would you want every butthead reading this to think he was free to take a swing at you?

Very short answer, yes. You'll learn the ins and outs of the full answer during your time at FLETC.

Comment

• Yes, apparently this job sucks, yet they had to close the announcement early because so many people have applied; and there is a line of people like from here to Brooklyn all waiting in TSU praying each day to be picked up…

All this discussion on what ‘makes’ an officer… come on already! So, if you don’t chase and punch someone on a weekly basis you’re not ‘an officer’?
        How about people who are little less adrenaline pumped, who want a steady income, and a peace of mind that the mortgage will get paid on time, who are not necessarily looking to kick doors in every other day, much less have some lowlife shoot at them!?

If all that is to it is stamping I-94 all day so be it; if I’ll get bored I’ll move on. If my job description says ‘officer’ that’s cool and that’s the title; if I don’t have to deal with puking drunks each Saturday night that’s even better. Did I mention CBPs don’t deal with domestic violence calls?

Being a street cop is one thing; if I wanted excitement and guns I would have joined the Marines!

CBPO Timeline
        Geo: Virginia and D.C. Test: 12/10/08
        NOR: 12/20/08 (86%) TO: 02/02/09
        Forms: 02/11/09 VBT: 02/25/09
        Medical: 03/03/09 Fitness: 03/03/09
        Drug Test: 03/12/09 Qualifications: 03/26/09
        BI: 04/09/09 (my B-day gift!)
        Met with Investigator: 04/15/09 TSU: 04/10/09
        The Call: 05/01/09 10.30am
        EOD: 06/01/09 -- Dulles Airport
        FLETC: 07/01/09 -- Class 957
        Graduation: 10/14/09

Comment

• Originally posted by AmahastPL View Post
          Yes, apparently this job sucks, yet they had to close the announcement early because so many people have applied; and there is a line of people like from here to Brooklyn all waiting in TSU praying each day to be picked up…

All this discussion on what ‘makes’ an officer… come on already! So, if you don’t chase and punch someone on a weekly basis you’re not ‘an officer’?
          How about people who are little less adrenaline pumped, who want a steady income, and a peace of mind that the mortgage will get paid on time, who are not necessarily looking to kick doors in every other day, much less have some lowlife shoot at them!?

If all that is to it is stamping I-94 all day so be it; if I’ll get bored I’ll move on. If my job description says ‘officer’ that’s cool and that’s the title; if I don’t have to deal with puking drunks each Saturday night that’s even better. Did I mention CBPs don’t deal with domestic violence calls?

Being a street cop is one thing; if I wanted excitement and guns I would have joined the Marines!

Very true...normally, it's the guys with something to prove who require the need to be physical constantly...

I'm tired of beating up on knuckleheads...

Comment

• I swear if anyone tells me that the question I asked has already been answered in this thread once and that I should not be "wasting" space on this thread I will punch a giraffe in the neck!!!
            So go ahead people, ask what TSU stands for because it's not nearly the wasted time and space as that horse $hit I just read on the last pages!

Anyway congrats girly, I had that message for less than a week on CASS after which it said I was referred to TSU for EOD.
            You shut your mouth when you're talking to me!

Comment

• guys.. i need consulting!! it's been like... month and a half.. .. and my case is still in "Security office". i know.. i know.. need to WAIT!!! but i still don't feel good a fd of mine (you know who you are) already got interview.. and possibe to pass soon.. i still haven't get interview . just feel bad.. anybody can make me feel better? Is my case get to "no men land"? does my last name make a different?! (start with a "W".. so i am like forth to last.) help!!! WAAAAAA

Nordy... how's life?
              Yoda... you still around?! how's ur case...

Comment

• Originally posted by stw1226 View Post
                guys.. i need consulting!! it's been like... month and a half.. .. and my case is still in "Security office". i know.. i know.. need to WAIT!!! but i still don't feel good a fd of mine (you know who you are) already got interview.. and possibe to pass soon.. i still haven't get interview . just feel bad.. anybody can make me feel better? Is my case get to "no men land"? does my last name make a different?! (start with a "W".. so i am like forth to last.) help!!! WAAAAAA

Nordy... how's life?
                Yoda... you still around?! how's ur case...
                I was in the same spot for 2 months before getting a call from my BI(s).

Comment

• Originally posted by Burrell707 View Post
                  Congrats FreeAgent on the call! I am also an SFO/OAK applicant waiting on the call. Been in TSU since 03/26. Saw you waited 61 days. I really hope to get a call within the next month or two!
                  Thanks Burrell707... Are you Vet out there at Travis Air Force Base? Yeah, I'm excited to start soon, but I know I'm gona hate the long drive from out here in Sac!

Comment

• thx blk98gt.

so after your BI.... everything went well?! Thx...

Comment

• Merlin school your fellow legacy guy hunt the jackass.
                      What if quotas did exist?!

Comment

• Originally posted by stw1226 View Post
                        thx blk98gt.

so after your BI.... everything went well?! Thx...
                        Took my BIs (2 investigators) about week or two with me and my contacts (end of March). Their deadline was Apr. 5 to send it in. CASS showed completed on the 15th and couple days later showed refered to TSU on 16th.
                        Hope the pace keeps up with EOD
                        (All my other stuff was Jan/Feb)

Comment

• Anybody here gona join me in CLASS 955? June 18 report date!

Comment

• Originally posted by blk98gt View Post
                            Took my BIs (2 investigators) about week or two with me and my contacts (end of March). Their deadline was Apr. 5 to send it in. CASS showed completed on the 15th and couple days later showed refered to TSU on 16th.
                            Hope the pace keeps up with EOD
                            (All my other stuff was Jan/Feb)
                            thx.. at least they have a dead line.. that's a good thing.. i hope

Comment

• Originally posted by Hunt the Jackel
                              Including the vaunted Southern Ports . Also most of you seem to miss the points . AS I SAID CBP is very much a make believe LEO. Or an all show. I said we have the creds,gun, uniform , cuffs, some training. But looks do not make an Officer. Some of these same points the other guys made a few years ago. Colusion . I think not.
                              You must be describing yourself? Except you frogot to leave out your big beer belly and stained un ironed uniform! Do us a favor and quit mr senior 11.
                              What if quotas did exist?!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hunt the Jackel View Post
                                And out port. JUST as I thought. You work at a smaller area.
                                So you got a lazy mans job. Good for you . If that is the best you can do with what God gave you so be it. But these guys who are going to NY, LA , or a Port of Entry where the cars never stop . The aliens line up for their renewals, tn, i 94, imports etc . are not going to be watching tv .
                                And after their third 160 for the day. A couple of hour shots . A little CAOS action. No heat or air in the booth . THEY will be on USA jobs. FUNNY YOU NEVER. answered ABOUT THE beginning of this threAD from 2005 with a lot of guys telling the same story as me.

Man, you are one disgruntled employee.

I thought I was bad. lol.

I have been on almost 8 years. I do not work in a "booth."

Now I am speaking from the perspective of being at JFK. That is in New York, if you did not know.

The new officers comming on here, will have to work immigration, or a "booth,"most of the time. Many officers like it, and the overtime it gives them. After putting in your time, you will be able to move to different teams, such as:

Anti-Terrorism Contraband Enforcement Team.

Passenger Enforcement Rover Team.

Passenger Analytical Unit.

Canine Enforcement Officer.

And a few more.

"So you got a lazy mans job. Good for you . If that is the best you can do with what God gave you so be it."

You have some balls. I will give you that. (just not the brightest bulb in the bunch, eh?) But to disparage an officer for choosing a certain geographical area he, or she, wants to work?

Who do you think you are?

I have two words for you.

Beat it.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12226 users online. 449 members and 11777 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X