Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • i was wondering if any of you have applyed for the southwest region? and if so how long have you been waiting or have waited?
    "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem." President Ronald Reagan.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by girly View Post
      so my cass updated today, this is what I seen
      4/22/2009 You have tentatively met the pre-employment requirements and your file is being reviewed. Once a final determination is made that all requirements have been met, you will be notified of the next steps.

      ok so from what I read TSU should be next correct?



      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Quite possible if everything goes in your favor. Looks like you still need VBT? Goodluck.
      Last edited by Bizzy930; 04-23-2009, 09:46 PM.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by girly View Post
        so my cass updated today, this is what I seen
        4/22/2009 You have tentatively met the pre-employment requirements and your file is being reviewed. Once a final determination is made that all requirements have been met, you will be notified of the next steps.

        ok so from what I read TSU should be next correct?

        --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        You are correct. Once CASS says you have been reffered to schedule EOD, you are in TSU. Congrats!
        Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

        Comment


        • Looks like things have finally calmed down here.
          Last edited by TPA3312; 04-25-2009, 11:59 PM.
          Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

          Comment


          • My day is easy !

            Originally posted by Bizzy930 View Post
            And to think tommorrow morning you will wake up, strap on that duty belt, and go back to that crappy job you HATE soo much. Then you will hop back on this thread and humor us on how awful your day was. Us young bucks are dying to hear it....
            The problem the job is more suited for people like you. You can type and that is about it . And I do not work at an airport. And I work at one of the ten largest Ports in America.

            Comment


            • Quit showing your ignorance

              Originally posted by ExSDSO View Post
              GED? Not me bud, I have a degree.

              "And one day a native born Mexican American will take his job. LOL. Your right "

              That was pretty racist.

              You're mad cuz you choose to work at a slow port where you can use your stamp all day? Thats weird. Like I said at the end of the day youll be taking it up the you know what and getting paid to take it with out the KY. So why are you stil a bitter legazy lazy officer? Seriously tell us all so we can stop this guessing game? Or did you miss your period and want to vent on O.com?

              No we arent micromanaged like you at the airport. HA! We actually cn hook people pat down full or immediate with out asking someone for permission.
              And tell me how my remark was racist ? If you hope to pass the Agent exam your really need to turn it up a notch. Your at a Southern Border Area populated [ am I using words hard for you to comprehend ] by a large hispanic population. Many first generation. Judging from the recruitment of CBP that is who will replace you .

              Comment


              • Interesting ! So your in violation of Personal Search Policy

                Originally posted by ExSDSO View Post
                GED? Not me bud, I have a degree.

                "And one day a native born Mexican American will take his job. LOL. Your right "

                That was pretty racist.

                You're mad cuz you choose to work at a slow port where you can use your stamp all day? Thats weird. Like I said at the end of the day youll be taking it up the you know what and getting paid to take it with out the KY. So why are you stil a bitter legazy lazy officer? Seriously tell us all so we can stop this guessing game? Or did you miss your period and want to vent on O.com?

                No we arent micromanaged like you at the airport. HA! We actually cn hook people pat down full or immediate with out asking someone for permission.
                You really are showing how dumb you are !

                Comment


                • Wow, the tone of this thread has certainly changed.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by TPA3312 View Post
                    Looks like things have finally calmed down here. Wow, the last three pages were so funny I will have to read them again before bed for laughs.
                    I think you spoke too soon.....

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Hunt the Jackel View Post
                      The problem the job is more suited for people like you. You can type and that is about it . And I do not work at an airport. And I work at one of the ten largest Ports in America.
                      I can only type and thats about it? No sir, looking back at the last three pages, that honor definitely goes to you!

                      Comment


                      • If you're an applicant or a new hire I'd be very careful as to what I took to heart from all of this. There's a lot of flying fast and loose with the facts here and much of what's said that has truth to it is bent so much as to be useless.

                        Comment


                        • I'm not sure what digging up 3-4 year old posts "proves", other than maybe things were less than optimal back then. If that's the argument, then I agree. Things were far worse 3 years back then they are today. Back then...no 12D/6C, less chance to relocate/transfer, fewer TDY's, no SRT, different firearms policy, different pursuit policy, no tasers, intermediate force policy was much less defined, etc. Since then, things have improved overall. There's still a lot of room left to get better, but CBP has been moving slowly in more or less the right direction.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Hunt the Jackel View Post
                            The problem the job is more suited for people like you. You can type and that is about it . And I do not work at an airport. And I work at one of the ten largest Ports in America.
                            10 largest ports in America...what would that be? Sounds like Pembina cargo to me.

                            Comment


                            • If you are working at an airport and a passenger assaults you for whatever reason, do you have the authority to arrest the passenger for something like assault on a federal officer? Or can you only detain the person until the local PD comes to charge them?

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by FreeAgent View Post
                                WooooHooooo...... I got "THE CALL"
                                Congrats FreeAgent on the call! I am also an SFO/OAK applicant waiting on the call. Been in TSU since 03/26. Saw you waited 61 days. I really hope to get a call within the next month or two!
                                Geo Area: SFO/OAK
                                Written: 08/23/08- 92 (87+5)
                                NOR: 09/2008
                                TO: 09/25/08
                                Medical/Physical:10/08,09/09,10/09
                                Drug Test: 11/2008
                                Oral Board: 12/03/08
                                BI: 03/12/2009 (Initiated 10/2008)
                                Qualifications: 03/17/09
                                Referred to TSU:03/19/09


                                IEA Agent
                                Geo Area: San Francisco County
                                Written:05/26/09
                                T.O.:08/28/09
                                Pre-Employment Forms Sent To DSC: 09/11/09
                                Medical/Fitness:11/02/09
                                Interview:PASSED on 11/16/09

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 7800 users online. 194 members and 7606 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X