300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hunt the Jackel View Post
    LOL ! To funny . You love your job but want to be an agent ? Why do you want out of a 100k job ? How long ya been here ? Not that long is my guess and you want out ?

Nope I had a goal coming in the door. I never said this was my dream job, but have done things and learned things on this job that I would not have been able to do at a local agency. These are things that I will take with me as I progress in my career.
    Don't tase me bro!!

Comment

And out port. JUST as I thought. You work at a smaller area.
      So you got a lazy mans job. Good for you . If that is the best you can do with what God gave you so be it. But these guys who are going to NY, LA , or a Port of Entry where the cars never stop . The aliens line up for their renewals, tn, i 94, imports etc . are not going to be watching tv .
      And after their third 160 for the day. A couple of hour shots . A little CAOS action. No heat or air in the booth . THEY will be on USA jobs. FUNNY YOU NEVER. answered ABOUT THE beginning of this threAD from 2005 with a lot of guys telling the same story as me.

I'm post 16 at the beginning of this thread. Qix is post 2. We've been here since the beginning.

What does a few 3-4 year old posts have to do with today anyway? This agency has changed far to the better since 05-06.

Comment

• I work with a lot of "Senior" 11s here who complain, whine, moan and groan? All I ask is...Why dont you retire, quit, or find another job in this awesome economy. LOL

Just like all of them and I think you may fit in the category, your just going to talk your shnit about the agency, collect the pay check, attempt to dissuade the new cbpos (who really could careless about you and your salty opinions.) and at the end of they day YOURE GOING TO GRIN & BEAR IT, because theres no other job for you that would pay you the same for the amount of work you do at your slow speed port.
        What if quotas did exist?!

Comment

• Bro let me put it this way

Originally posted by ExSDSO View Post
          Why so salty brother? Ive read some of your posts and I can see that you are very upset about something. I work with a lot of prior military and LE. I myself am prior LE, hence my screen name. CBP is not the same as working patrol, if you dont know that then you are a fool. (All you new guys, it gets repetitive but you can make your job as fun as you want....and make as much money as you want.)

Like every day, I made an arrest today, and helped on outbound ops? That was pretty cool. We have pursuits here. Maybe if you didnt work at a boring port you wouldn't be so salty.

If youd like go on tecs wait for a tdy to a Southwest border man up and apply. Come to the Row, we could use all the help we can. Who knows maybe youll learn something new.

Im edumicated with a degree as well, and Ive been through a lot of LE training. So am I qualified?

When we have joint ops with local and state, these guys tell US...CBP that our job is more dangerous than theirs. Thats just some of their opinions.
          Basically CBP still has a no pusuit policy. Yes it is changing but that is more due to public relations. Be real OSAMa takes off and you cannot chase him.
          I have been TDY . And an ARREST ?Kid the kids.. You had an NCIC hit. You detained for the locals. Or you released. You did a half hour of paperwork. And you had to get permission for the full patdown from the Sup. Or so you wrote . And the patdown was actually a search for merchandise.
          THE LOCALS are always nice . And in fact they always say I wish I worked here. Until ya hit the BAR . ANd then away from the delusional folk. They say how do you stay awake. I `ll never forget turning over a car to an Ice Agent he said how much paperwork do you have to do just to give this to me.
          And the locals pick up a gun their paperwork takes about two minutes.

Comment

• Excuse me SIR But if you have any $$$$$

I work with a lot of "Senior" 11s here who complain, whine, moan and groan? All I ask is...Why dont you retire, quit, or find another job in this awesome economy. LOL

Just like all of them and I think you may fit in the category, your just going to talk your shnit about the agency, collect the pay check, attempt to dissuade the new cbpos (who really could careless about you and your salty opinions.) and at the end of they day YOURE GOING TO GRIN & BEAR IT, because theres no other job for you that would pay you the same for the amount of work you do at your slow speed port.
            to place on a bet . We can meet one day . And I will show you my income tax return prior to my job with CBP then Customs. And it will be close to double your best year. Best year prior to CBP No brag just fact 155 K . Not here for the money son.
            Last edited by Hunt the Jackel; 04-23-2009, 08:36 PM.

Comment

• Another question What did you learn ?

Originally posted by Hunt the Jackel View Post
              to place on a bet . We can meet one day . And I will show you my income tax return prior to my job with CBP then Customs. And it will be close to double your best year.
              Did you not know how to handcuff ? Shoot ? run an Ncic ? Use OC ? Do a lock up ? Please tell me ?
              AND your a 11 or not even that ? Were you hired as a 5 ? No qualifications ? Knocking the 11 s . And your already trying to get out ? Proof enough.

Comment

TELL the story like it is : Nobody who wants to be a Road Patrol Officer, An Agent like FBI , ATF , Border Patrol etc etc is going to be happy here.

WHAT IS THE STORY if you need a job while you wait for a real law enforcement position then it is a good gig. If you don`t and can put yourself through a Police Acadamy or continue with school and get a BS Crimminal Justice or Masters your better off. AS FOR THE RUMOR OF LEO coverage. YES we got it after a 20 year battle. And then an enhanced retirement not the same as other Agencys.
                JUST don`t blow smoke up the newbies. Here is a typical CBP Day at a busy Land Border. Now of course small variances due to location.
                0 hours whatever Primary Lane 1/2 to 1 hour
                Daily crosses swipe passport, type in name , ask your 3 questions
                Inside Counter do a I 94 , clear 20 people going to airport, tn renewal
                Primary Lane repeat first line ! But add 25 trunk checks
                Inside counter script a bunch of 80 year old. pass of an Immigration package, renew I 178
                Vehicle Secondary
                Inspect some dirt smelly beater cars that have been looked at a million times
                Take some fruit
                Be treated like a parking attendent
                Repeat a million times
                NOW My day is easier I am Legacy and so they tend to let us slide a bit on Immigration which is worse then Customs
                But don`t try to tell me what we do is any more then TSA with a gun .
                AND IF YOU DO NOT BELIEVE me go back to the beginning of this THREAD 2006 and see many of the same types of posts as mine !

Ive never had a day like that. HAHA You dont need permission for a pat down/full pat down maybe in an air port or sea port but as all cbpos know southwest borders esp now officer safety is the most important thing right now. IF you dont feel safe, then you do whats necessary to make you and your other officers safe. (new guys keep it reasonable. haha)

We chase cars here. With shotguns, ARs, and tasers! Pretty high speed.

I know why you are upset....your legacy lazy. HAHAHHA

Comment

• I could careless how much money you make bro seriously?, youre the guy in the booth that lets everything go up the road cuz your legacy lazy HA!

Sorry I don't associate with salty legacy lazys so please excuse me if I do not ever want to meet you =)

Comment

• Your a joke . At least Merlin knows the procedure

Ive never had a day like that. HAHA You dont need permission for a pat down/full pat down maybe in an air port or sea port but as all cbpos know southwest borders esp now officer safety is the most important thing right now. IF you dont feel safe, then you do whats necessary to make you and your other officers safe. (new guys keep it reasonable. haha)

Comment

• You know whats a joke...you. The amount of time youve whined complained cried moaned and groan about cbp and your still employed by them HAHAH. NOW THATS A FUNNY JOKE!

Its obvious you know nothing about officer safety, sometimes P&P can be disregarded due to officer safety.

Tell me who is going to crucify you for doing a full pat down. NO ONE.

Since you are all about high speed and more action, I have an idea why dont you put in for SRT????

Or are you really that old, salty and lazy?

Comment

• Your a joke . At least Merlin knows the procedure

YOU DID AN IMMEDIATE PATDOWN . A full patdown requires Sup approval. And I don`t care what Port your at . Write that in your _______ and you won`t have a job. And by the way you need to put approval in line ____.
                        YOU DON~T chase anybody . PLEASE . And the day you fire a shotgun at a moving car will probably be your last day . TASERS sre coming just don`t use them. NOW GO PUNCH OUT ANOTHER I 94 the line is out the door.
                        Another busload just pulled in .

Comment

• Originally posted by qixfeet View Post
                          Nope I had a goal coming in the door. I never said this was my dream job, but have done things and learned things on this job that I would not have been able to do at a local agency. These are things that I will take with me as I progress in my career.

It is so amusing that he is sooooo angry about not being a LEO. It just goes to show how naive and unmotivated he is. I don't think any of the applicants possibly believe that they will be gun slinging John Wayne in this Job. He didn't do his homework and now he is moaning and whinnying like a little girl.

I have never seen any one doing anything but what he described in his post in the thousands of times I have been at a port of entry. Plus, I made sure that i asked a few CBP officers what their work day was like. So I had a pretty great idea what this job was about.

The fact that Mr Jackal thought he was going to be Mr action hero saving the borders is so ridiculous. Just goes to show he didn't do the research that he should have.

Worse is that he is soooo miserable to the point of suicidal, and he remains there, even though he says every computer has usajobs.com. Why haven't he moved on to better things? I would rather quit and go volunteer my time than be such a miserable person.

Plus I think he is looking for a job to vaildate his existence. No matter where he goes there will be a reason why he is "too good to be wasting his time there"

I wish him all the best in life.

Maybe a happy marriage with a few kids would make him less salty

or take a vacation ore often. Venice in the spring does wonders for a person

Comment

• You called me out . Now you chicken out . TYPICAL

I could careless how much money you make bro seriously?, youre the guy in the booth that lets everything go up the road cuz your legacy lazy HA!

Sorry I don't associate with salty legacy lazys so please excuse me if I do not ever want to meet you =)
                            LOSER. FACE it guy without your job stamping . Or standing in the lane with Gringo drunks laughing at you. You would work at the local 7 11 I should have guessed that .

Comment

• lol this is great

Comment

YOU DID AN IMMEDIATE PATDOWN . A full patdown requires Sup approval. And I don`t care what Port your at . Write that in your _______ and you won`t have a job. And by the way you need to put approval in line ____.
                                YOU DON~T chase anybody . PLEASE . And the day you fire a shotgun at a moving car will probably be your last day . TASERS sre coming just don`t use them. NOW GO PUNCH OUT ANOTHER I 94 the line is out the door.
                                Another busload just pulled in .
                                AHHAHA!!! You make me laugh. We just got the tasers a month ago, and that I know of becuase I was there on shift....three port runners have been tased! Also we have chase vehicles that have chased vans filled with people.

If you were smart I dont think any LE agency really wants you to shoot at a moving vehicle smart guy, so yea we dont fire shotguns at moving cars HAHAHA. Tasers havent hit your port because you dont do real work or deal with real criminals. HA! Take that!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6573 users online. 238 members and 6335 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X