300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
    That's why you invest heavily and wisely in your TSP. Back in 05/06, I knew guys retiring who were making more in retirement than they were working...thanks to shroud TSP management.
    We have a Sup that was a Chief at a large airport before moving here. His high 3 was as a chief, then with a good TSP he is definitely going to make more money when he punches out later this year. I was shocked when he told me that.

Comment

• Just got a call to set up the initial physical. Are there two, or was I misinformed?
      "When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle."

Comment

• Originally posted by robeans View Post
        I'm sure most of the NB and medium size airports are about the same. But talking to some Leg INS guys who made the jump to IEA, AUO is a messed up deal. The one guy has been there almost a year and still hasn't "qualified" for it. So for the OT he does work he just gets 1.5x OT. Your required to work your 10 hours per week routinely.

So I don't know, your probably right. But would we also loose our shift diffs, at least at the levels we have them? I know from my evening and Sunday diffs, that adds up to a lot too.
        Like I said, I'd love to see the numbers worked out for everybody...then compared to an AOU covered equivalent position like BPA.
        I know I've yet to meet a PA who's not making more than me, all else equal. I also know a fair number of people in a stretch from Danville, WA to Fort Kent, ME and from what I've heard as a whole COPRA is no cash cow for them either. Ditto for most of those I know in the small to medium-large airports.

Truthfully, I don't know. I know that 25% AUO is worth over 15K in my case. In a good year, I see maybe 7.5K in OT and another 8-10K in premiums/diffs. I'd say that holds roughly true(or less) with just about anybody I've worked with. Nobody I know would take much of a hit under AUO, except for working another 15-25% more work hours.

Comment

• WooooHooooo...... I got "THE CALL"

Comment

• Originally posted by FreeAgent View Post
            WooooHooooo...... I got "THE CALL"
            Congrats man ! What they offer you ? I'm still waiting for the VBT results ! This sucks man ! and For BP, i've been in TSU since Feb 09> any way Congrats again !

Comment

congrats man, good luck to you.
              Tested March 08
              TO June 08
              Medical COMPLETE 12/08
              VBT complete 08 passed
              Qualification GS-5 September 08
              BI September 08 complete April 09

FITNESS REDO AUG 7TH FAILED
              NOW IT IS TIME TO START ALL OVER AGAIN

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                That's why you invest heavily and wisely in your TSP. Back in 05/06, I knew guys retiring who were making more in retirement than they were working...thanks to shroud TSP management.
                I imagine that would be the 401k...and yes...I'm well aware about maxing out on that...I'm still trying to understand how it works...

Do we get Medical benefits when we retire?

Comment

• TSP 5%, first 3% dollar for dollar your agency matches. Remaining two percent agency contributes 50 cents to your dollar. So it would be your best interest to contribute at least 5%. Maximum contribution allowed for 2009 is $16,500, a $1,000 increase from 2008. There are different funds to allocate your contributions, do your research on the nature of the respective funds.

Comment

• Does anyone know if the 1.5 mile run is 15 min or 16:30min

Comment

• junito9210 what is your geo.pref. for BPA. just wondering why you've been in TSU so long!!

Comment

• Geo location for BP doesn't matter anymore. They are just going down the TSU list offering applicants which ever station is open. If you don't accept you have 90 days to wait and see if a slot in your geo location opens and if it doesn't and you don't accept what's avaliable, your done.

Right now the BP is calling applicants in TSU from late Febuary.
                        Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

• Originally posted by az90640 View Post
                          Does anyone know if the 1.5 mile run is 15 min or 16:30min
                          Shoot for 12 mins and better...you will be ok.

Comment

• Originally posted by cbpomr View Post
                            If you are just going for a CBPO position even 13 or 14 minutes will be okay. That is a very slow jogging pace with no stops. If you are trying for BP also you will need to get the time to 12 min. to pass. You won't win any awards, but you will pass.
                            Last edited by TPA3312; 04-22-2009, 05:53 PM.
                            Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

Hey FreeAgent, Congrats on The Call. I'll see you in San Fran, hopefully soon

Comment

• Originally posted by cbpomr View Post
                                Exactly.

One, running a 12 minute 1.5 mile isn't all that hard. Just about anybody who puts in the effort to run the 1.5 in 12 minutes will get there.

Two, and more importantly, If you can run a 12 minute(or better) 1.5 mile you give yourself breathing room should/when you pull a muscle, tweak an ankle, wrench a knee or otherwise injury yourself to the point you lose time on the run.

Running a 14-15 minute 1.5 mile leaves you with no room to spare if/when you get hurt.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8072 users online. 227 members and 7845 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X