Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by TPA3312 View Post
    I'm not worried about that guy[Hunt the Jackel]. I'm more worried about if Florida(throughout) will ever open more training slot. I know I will enjoy a CBPO career. It will be better than doing IT work and cleaning up trashed computers from users installing hundreds of junk software and visiting just about every harmful site on the net.
    I feel you on that one. I work in IT right now and I can't wait to get the call so I can move on to CBP.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by robeans View Post
      So what's Law Enforcement Pay and retirement?
      http://www.opm.gov/oca/09tables/indexLEO.asp
      You shut your mouth when you're talking to me!

      Comment


      • I had previously asked the same question regarding locality. I was told [which may not be the correct fact] that CBPO do not receive locality pay from the LEO pay scale, but rather the regular federal employee locality table. Can a current CBPO set the record straight?

        Comment


        • Originally posted by flyone2go View Post
          Been waiting since 3/4/09 ...come on TSU!
          Thanks for the updates.. Hopefully we'll get "the call" soon.. I'm in TSU since 4/16..
          CBP Officer:
          TO: 01/2009 (LAX/LGB)
          EOD: 05/23/2011

          Comment


          • THANK YOU ! You just proved everything I have said

            Originally posted by usvi View Post
            I feel you on that one. I work in IT right now and I can't wait to get the call so I can move on to CBP.
            Originally Posted by TPA3312
            . I know I will enjoy a CBPO career. It will be better than doing IT work and cleaning up trashed computers from users installing hundreds of junk software and visiting just about every harmful site on the net
            EXACTLY no interest in LAW ENFORCEMENT. Never applied to a PD or Agent position. JUST another job for him ! "better then then cleaning up trased computers "for min. wage. AS most CBPOs who enjoy the job. Came from a low wage job so this is a good gig !
            Last edited by Hunt the Jackel; 04-22-2009, 09:46 AM.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by usvi View Post
              I feel you on that one. I work in IT right now and I can't wait to get the call so I can move on to CBP.
              I'm in IT as well and its driving me bonkers. I've moved into management in the past 2 years, so that has helped (and it's resume candy),but I'm looking forward to CBP. (If you despise it so much Jackal, why don't you free a slot for one of us by getting out? )

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Hunt the Jackel View Post
                We do not tell our wifes, friends, or other LEOs about what we do.
                Niether do we lie .
                We simply say
                We have 24/7 carry
                We make good money
                We have a hard job
                We have a security clearance LOL
                We have a vest , spray , baton cuffs
                We make arrest oh that is a hoot
                Oh and by the way anybody can run a crimminal check on the internet
                AND USA JOBS IS ON EVERY COMPUTER at every Port when you sign in
                Those seeking Law Enforcement
                Sounds like you should be hearing from the local PD soon enough. Then you will feel like you can look at yourself in the mirror...and all those self esteem issues will wash away long enough for you to start complaining about how you're only a patrol cop and not a detective...and then how a detective pushes pen and paper mostly...

                Brother sign up for the bomb squad...get what you're looking for concerning prestige and give it a break already.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Hunt the Jackel View Post
                  Originally Posted by TPA3312
                  . I know I will enjoy a CBPO career. It will be better than doing IT work and cleaning up trashed computers from users installing hundreds of junk software and visiting just about every harmful site on the net
                  EXACTLY no interest in LAW ENFORCEMENT. Never applied to a PD or Agent position. JUST another job for him ! "better then then cleaning up trased computers "for min. wage. AS most CBPOs who enjoy the job. Came from a low wage job so this is a good gig !
                  Statement removed by owner
                  Last edited by TPA3312; 04-30-2009, 12:22 AM.
                  Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

                  Comment


                  • Yeah, CBP will be a significant pay cut for me... Thing is, I'm very willing to take it.
                    Last edited by Helo; 04-22-2009, 10:51 AM.

                    Comment


                    • For me is more than good !

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by 500pearl View Post
                        I had previously asked the same question regarding locality. I was told [which may not be the correct fact] that CBPO do not receive locality pay from the LEO pay scale, but rather the regular federal employee locality table. Can a current CBPO set the record straight?
                        I am not a CBPO but hubby is at FLETC and per his pay stubs he doesn't get LEO pay scale. HTH

                        Comment


                        • So I just wanted to give everyone that is waiting for S.F./OAK an update. I just got off the phone with TSU and they said that I have about 10 people in front of my before I get the call. She said that for everyone who tested feb/08 or before should have received a call already. Also the lady was really friendly and open to answer all the questions I had for her. She also said that not to worry if you miss the first "phone call". They will keep calling you for a few days, and then send you a letter asking you if you are still interested in the job. She informed me that the wait could be a while longer, days, months, maybe a year:-(. All I know is that 10 people is a lot of people to get picked up before me. Let’s hope that the waiting game is not that long.

                          ......I have been in TSU since 03/05/09 for S.F./OAK

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Helo View Post
                            I'm in IT as well and its driving me bonkers. I've moved into management in the past 2 years, so that has helped (and it's resume candy),but I'm looking forward to CBP. (If you despise it so much Jackal, why don't you free a slot for one of us by getting out? )
                            LoL, That's a good one. I agree, all those that are not happy, free up a spot for us that are trying to get in. LoL.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Hunt the Jackel View Post
                              I do not want to scare you . Very few people are fired from Goverment work. And even fewer from CBP. CBP can barely keep the clerks they have . Average of 58 or so leave every two weeks. Only one person here has been fired who was off probation and did not get their job back.He actually resigned under MGT pressure to keep his record clean.And if he had listened to his Union rep he would still have a job. And yes he did deserve to be fired. As for probies . Yes several bit the dust . But again just plain stupid. Major drinking and driving issues. Leave abuse . Drug abuse. Etc. As for off probation . The Union has saved many a major f up here. Most of the issues relate to off duty conduct. Although we have had our share of on the job issues. But keep in mind the MGT here is not all that bright. And they screwed up all the procedures . And the Union Attorneys destroyed them at mediation.
                              by "drug abuse", you mean people were doing drugs while on the job?

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Hunt the Jackel View Post
                                We do not tell our wifes, friends, or other LEOs about what we do.
                                Niether do we lie .
                                We simply say
                                We have 24/7 carry
                                We make good money
                                We have a hard job
                                We have a security clearance LOL
                                We have a vest , spray , baton cuffs
                                We make arrest oh that is a hoot
                                Oh and by the way anybody can run a crimminal check on the internet
                                AND USA JOBS IS ON EVERY COMPUTER at every Port when you sign in
                                Those seeking Law Enforcement
                                You stated earlier you have 6 years in. Why not apply for a local PD position. This job is a good job. If you're looking for high speed join border patrol. Our agency has a very broad mission and many components. There is compliance, intel, and enforcement. There's something for everybody. This agency also allows alot of room for advancement. All you have to do is put in your time and effort. You may take your 6 years and move on, but I doubt that by putting CBP on your resume, other agencies are going to look down on you. Don't trash the agency because you aren't happy here. Take your experience and go to an agency and position that fits into whatever it is that you want to do. Good luck and stay safe.
                                Don't tase me bro!!

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 10571 users online. 390 members and 10181 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X