300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
    Total retirement...43K, plus whatever you build your TSP to, plus social security.
    That's if social security is still around. I'm not counting on it.
    Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

...Total retirement...43K, plus whatever you build your TSP to, plus social security.
      wow, that's horse $hit. Oh well, better have that mortgage paid off by then.
      You shut your mouth when you're talking to me!

Comment

1.7% of the average of your top-three years times 20, plus 1% added on for any additional years or military time you chose to buy back.

As an example:

Say you work 25 years as a CBPO/any covered position and you buy back 4 years of military time. Say your top 3 years are 95K, 100K, and 105K. That's an average of 100K.

20 years at 1.7% = 34K
        5 years at 1%.....= 5K
        4 years Mil. at 1%= 4K

Total retirement...43K, plus whatever you build your TSP to, plus social security.
        I read somewhere that there are some CBPO supervisor positions that actually get Law Enforcement pay and retirement package...is this accurate?

If so, which positions?

Is it at all a reality to move over to an Agent position and somehow your years run concurrent with your retirement?

Comment

• Originally posted by cbpomr View Post
          I read somewhere that there are some CBPO supervisor positions that actually get Law Enforcement pay and retirement package...is this accurate?

If so, which positions?

Is it at all a reality to move over to an Agent position and somehow your years run concurrent with your retirement?

I like how we aren't even in yet and we are already talking about retiring

Comment

• Originally posted by tippmann87 View Post
            I like how we aren't even in yet and we are already talking about retiring
            LOL!

Brother, I'm trying to get all the facts straight NOW...so I know how to plan accordingly...

Comment

• same here! lol, trying to figure out the benefits also

Comment

• Originally posted by cbpomr View Post

If so, which positions?

So what's Law Enforcement Pay and retirement?

Comment

• Originally posted by dogz777 View Post
                  Anybody here in the LAX/LB area in TSU? How long have you been in TSU?
                  been in TSU since 4/2 for LAX/LB

Comment

• QuikLikeNestle.Keep us posted on your progress please. I too would like to know what the wait in TSU is like for LAX/LB. Thanks.
                    Last edited by RJF2; 04-22-2009, 02:36 AM.

Comment

• Been in TSU since 3/20. I am also waiting for LAX/Long Beach.

Comment

• Originally posted by dogz777 View Post
                        Anybody here in the LAX/LB area in TSU? How long have you been in TSU?
                        Been waiting since 3/4/09 ...come on TSU!
                        CBPO
                        Written: 08/18/08
                        NOR:8/22/08 LAX/LB 90
                        TO: 09/23/08
                        Pre-employment Forms: Completed 10/08
                        Medical: Completed 12/08
                        Drug Test: Completed 11/08
                        Fitness: Completed 10/08 (retest 10/05/09)
                        VBT: Completed 11/08
                        BI: Completed (met with BI 12/10/08)
                        Qualifications: Completed 2/26/09

3/2/2009 You have tentatively met the pre-employment requirements and your file is being reviewed.
                        3/4/2009 Referred to Schedule EOD

Comment

• OK, so am I the only one who noticed that Tuesday, April 21, 2009. CBP signed
                          The alliance, launched under the Army Reserve Employer Partnership Initiative, will help strengthen the community, support Army Reserve soldiers and their families, and contribute to a strong economy.
                          I think this job just got even more competitive. Good luck for us in pendingville. Any vets wanna shed some light on this ?

Comment

• Lets get a few things straight .

Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                            12D/6C coverage was also a rumor...until July of last year. Thanks to the union, at least in part.

The union is the one at the forefront of the GS-12 rumor. Supposedly, according to them, it's a done deal. Who knows? They are pushing it as fact though, I don't see why they would unless they knew something.

As far as "customer service" goes, Yeah...sort of...so what? Just about every federal LEO job spins in the winds of politics and public opinion. That's simply the nature of the beast.
                            TELL the story like it is : Nobody who wants to be a Road Patrol Officer, An Agent like FBI , ATF , Border Patrol etc etc is going to be happy here.

WHAT IS THE STORY if you need a job while you wait for a real law enforcement position then it is a good gig. If you don`t and can put yourself through a Police Acadamy or continue with school and get a BS Crimminal Justice or Masters your better off. AS FOR THE RUMOR OF LEO coverage. YES we got it after a 20 year battle. And then an enhanced retirement not the same as other Agencys.
                            JUST don`t blow smoke up the newbies. Here is a typical CBP Day at a busy Land Border. Now of course small variances due to location.
                            0 hours whatever Primary Lane 1/2 to 1 hour
                            Daily crosses swipe passport, type in name , ask your 3 questions
                            Inside Counter do a I 94 , clear 20 people going to airport, tn renewal
                            Primary Lane repeat first line ! But add 25 trunk checks
                            Inside counter script a bunch of 80 year old. pass of an Immigration package, renew I 178
                            Vehicle Secondary
                            Inspect some dirt smelly beater cars that have been looked at a million times
                            Take some fruit
                            Be treated like a parking attendent
                            Repeat a million times
                            NOW My day is easier I am Legacy and so they tend to let us slide a bit on Immigration which is worse then Customs
                            But don`t try to tell me what we do is any more then TSA with a gun .
                            AND IF YOU DO NOT BELIEVE me go back to the beginning of this THREAD 2006 and see many of the same types of posts as mine !

Comment

• Keep in mind this is OUR DIRTY LITTLE secret

We do not tell our wifes, friends, or other LEOs about what we do.
                              Niether do we lie .
                              We simply say
                              We have 24/7 carry
                              We make good money
                              We have a hard job
                              We have a security clearance LOL
                              We have a vest , spray , baton cuffs
                              We make arrest oh that is a hoot
                              Oh and by the way anybody can run a crimminal check on the internet
                              AND USA JOBS IS ON EVERY COMPUTER at every Port when you sign in
                              Those seeking Law Enforcement

Comment

• Originally posted by Hunt the Jackel View Post
                                AS FOR THE RUMOR OF LEO coverage. YES we got it after a 20 year battle. And then an enhanced retirement not the same as other Agencys.
                                Sorry, but the "enhancements" are improvements to 12(d) retirement. Public law 101-525 added job series 1895 to the list of occupations receiving 12(d) retirement. so section 8412 (d) parts 1 and 2 both read, in part, "...service as a law enforcement officer, member of the Capitol Police or Supreme Court Police, firefighter, nuclear materials courier, or Customs and Border Protection Officer..."

Whether you consider us LEO's or not is irrelevant. We have 24/7 carry so HR 218 says we are LEO's. We are authorized to enforce laws and make criminal arrests (even if your port policy forbids it), that is also the job of a LEO. We also have inspection duties, that are not LEO related. So it all depends on which part of our job you wish to focus your attention on as to whether we are LEO's. I would agree with you on one big point, and it was something I thought when in the hiring process. How many people say the want to be a CBPO or their legacy components when growing up. It seems to be a "sidetrack" job, not that I'm taking anything away from the job, I'm not leaving or even looking for another job.
                                But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12396 users online. 232 members and 12164 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X