300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cbpomr View Post
    Cool. As long as I won't get disciplined for not bringing the court shoes...I see no reason for two pair of sneakers
    Two pairs are better. Your outside sneakers are going to get all sweaty, wet, muddy and otherwise junky from running on the gravel trails along the fence line. If you have a second pair, you'll have something to switch into when that happens.

Comment

• You won't get in trouble for only having a pair of running shoes, but Merlin does have a point. You'll wear out your first pair after a while. There is also sand everywhere, especially around the track.

Comment

• Originally posted by alutins View Post
        You are a sad man.
        I am.

Well, hopefully you'll fogive me when we meet each other soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by audi0xpl0de View Post
          You won't get in trouble for only having a pair of running shoes, but Merlin does have a point. You'll wear out your first pair after a while. There is also sand everywhere, especially around the track.
          Oh man, that trail out to Tactical Village tore my shoes up. Of course I had a runner for a PTD instructor.

Comment

• Sweet!!!!!!!!

Referred to Schedule EOD
            4/16/2009
            You have been referred to the scheduling unit. Generally an applicant can expect to be contacted to schedule their entrance on duty and/or training in 30 - 60 days. Depending on an applicant's selected locations scheduling calls could be extended an additional 30 days or more.
            You shut your mouth when you're talking to me!

Comment

• Originally posted by MSU ILLEST View Post
              I received the call today. Good luck to everyone waiting. I'm going to prepare for the move.
              Congrats, what duty location were you offered/going for?
              Tested March 08
              TO June 08
              Medical COMPLETE 12/08
              VBT complete 08 passed
              Qualification GS-5 September 08
              BI September 08 complete April 09

FITNESS REDO AUG 7TH FAILED
              NOW IT IS TIME TO START ALL OVER AGAIN

Comment

• Originally posted by imlikeaninja View Post
                Just stop.
                I second that, we are all here for information and you are taking up the board.
                Tested March 08
                TO June 08
                Medical COMPLETE 12/08
                VBT complete 08 passed
                Qualification GS-5 September 08
                BI September 08 complete April 09

FITNESS REDO AUG 7TH FAILED
                NOW IT IS TIME TO START ALL OVER AGAIN

Comment

• Originally posted by audi0xpl0de View Post
                  I would only bring one good pair of running shoes. I brought both and haven't used the court shoes yet.
                  In hindsight, I would say to bring a pair of running shoes and maybe a pair of cross trainers or something like that. Just because running shoes do not have much for lateral stability and when you’re doing defensive tactics and the like, stability is good.

We had two people roll their ankles in PTD and they almost went home.

Comment

• NORFOLK. I have a buddy just selected for Norfok and starts 5/10. Does anyone have any scoop on supervisors or any other enlightening info?

Comment

• RUMORS are just that . THE ONLY REASON

Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                      I too would take the first job offered.

One thing I'll point out...IEA's journeyman out at GL-09, CBPO's at GS-11(and...if rumors are to believed, soon to be GS-12). If you're looking to move upward later in life, locking in that 11 early on gives you so many more options when applying to move to another position.
                      CUSTOMS GOT a 11 was they could not hire anyone in a heated economy and turn over was so high. Add a strong Union . The rumor of the 12 has been around since we got an 11. Same as that import s are going to 13 . Or that we are meging with Border Patrol and going to really get to do something . What is ahpping now is they are loading up the Agency to cut overtime. And to fullfill the mission. WHICH is SERVICE the traveling Public. Read the mission statement. They do not want people waiting more then 10 minutes or so at a border. Again it is what do you want a Law Enforcement career or a customer service job ?

Comment

I received the call today. Good luck to everyone waiting. I'm going to prepare for the move.
                        Congrats, how long were you in TSU?
                        You shut your mouth when you're talking to me!

Comment

• Originally posted by Reapplied View Post
                          How dumb! Why would you say "you never get involved" when you just did? "And say personal attacks are lame" when you're being as lame? LOL and you typed "sooo" and talk about someone else's errors? WOW hummm can you say moron? anyway mind your business this is like 5 pages old!
                          I was thinking the same thing. LoL

Comment

Congrats!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hunt the Jackel View Post
                              CUSTOMS GOT a 11 was they could not hire anyone in a heated economy and turn over was so high. Add a strong Union . The rumor of the 12 has been around since we got an 11. Same as that import s are going to 13 . Or that we are meging with Border Patrol and going to really get to do something . What is ahpping now is they are loading up the Agency to cut overtime. And to fullfill the mission. WHICH is SERVICE the traveling Public. Read the mission statement. They do not want people waiting more then 10 minutes or so at a border. Again it is what do you want a Law Enforcement career or a customer service job ?
                              12D/6C coverage was also a rumor...until July of last year. Thanks to the union, at least in part.

The union is the one at the forefront of the GS-12 rumor. Supposedly, according to them, it's a done deal. Who knows? They are pushing it as fact though, I don't see why they would unless they knew something.

As far as "customer service" goes, Yeah...sort of...so what? Just about every federal LEO job spins in the winds of politics and public opinion. That's simply the nature of the beast.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                                As far as "customer service" goes, Yeah...sort of...so what? Just about every federal LEO job spins in the winds of politics and public opinion. That's simply the nature of the beast.
                                Local LE is the same way, get rude with someone and you get a complaint just the nature of the beast.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6233 users online. 412 members and 5821 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X