300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TPA3312 View Post
    You need to stop right now and seriously think about what you are posting. We have several active CBPOs here and instructors also. Someone here could be your supervisors and have the power to determine the fate of your career. Are you trying to single yourself out now before you even start the job? On this forum we try to help each other, not pick at every mistake.

I would hate to work with you if this is how you treat peers and coworkers.
    I second that even though I have been known to write in my own style and not use proper sentences on this forum, I was picked on by several individuals, but this is such a turn off all of this need to stop because I find myself coming on here less to see some of the good advice from others.
    These hands need your guidance!

Comment

• Originally posted by Reapplied View Post
      hi merlin i appreciate your posts b4 and i would like to know if you or anyone happen to know if ur quals and everything else is good when I am back in the inventory do they go off just score again? or will consider that im pretty much cleared on everything? in order to get a new TO!
      Huh?

Are you deliberately trying to confuse me?

Your TO is generated from your test score. It's not influenced by any post-TO steps you have already finished. Those steps only matter once you've a TO in hand and assuming that they haven't expired by then.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
        Court shoes equal basketball shoes...or what ever kind of sneaker you're comfortable with in the mat room, weight room, riding the exercise bike, etc.

More or less, you need running shoes for running outdoors and court shoes for the indoor workouts.

Black shoes do equal dress shoes. you'll probably be in them only a few days. You might want to buy a cheap pair of mid-height black duty boots from Walmart or such once you get there and get settled in with what your needs are. Those Walmart boots will probably become your primary footwear during class time, at least until you get your issued boots. If you can get away with it, I suggest keeping your issue boots virgin until you get back to your port. Shiny new boots look better to start off with than boots scuffled by 3 months wear at the academy.
        Cool...thanks!

I did the 1.5 mile in 8:34s today...this is me out of shape lol

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
          Huh?

Are you deliberately trying to confuse me?

Your TO is generated from your test score. It's not influenced by any post-TO steps you have already finished. Those steps only matter once you've a TO in hand and assuming that they haven't expired by then.
          gotya....nope not trying to confuse you at all, lol i asked someone from mhc and they said they base a TO on several things especially if your steps are already, cleared i figured why would they have an applicant sitting in the waiting pool, and respend money to have any steps redone if expired by then?
          These hands need your guidance!

Comment

it's not what i was asking maybe u misunderstood, as you know i reapplied with my old test score and waiting until i get back in the inventory. i know for sure everything will carry over im not worried about that i was asking when im back in the inventory since things are cleared for me, do you know if they might recognize that and probably offer a TO to me and not base it on score as normal.
            No. TO's are offered based on location and test score. Your former status as a trainee and your steps completed are all irrelevant to those issuing TO's.

Comment

gotya....nope not trying to confuse you at all, lol i asked someone from mhc and they said they base a TO on several things especially if your steps are already, cleared i figured why would they have an applicant sitting in the waiting pool, and respend money to have any steps redone if expired by then?

If you haven't a TO, you're not sitting in the "waiting pool". You're waiting at the door, hoping to get an offer to get into the pool. Once you get into the pool, then you start moving along faster than the people who are waiting to complete their steps.

Comment

• Originally posted by cbpomr View Post
                Cool...thanks!

I did the 1.5 mile in 8:34s today...this is me out of shape lol

You run a 5 min and 40 second mile out of shape?
                ATF 1811 SA
                Applied - 10/13/09

CBPO (GEO - Philadelphia)
                Written Test - 5/11/09
                NOR (87) - 6/10/09

ICE IEA (GEO - Philadelphia)
                Written Test - 6/1/09
                NOR (88.9) - 6/22/09

ICE 1811 SA
                Written Test - 7/28/09
                Written - Passed - 8/10/09
                NOR (80.5 ugggh)

Comment

• I would only bring one good pair of running shoes. I brought both and haven't used the court shoes yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by audi0xpl0de View Post
                    I would only bring one good pair of running shoes. I brought both and haven't used the court shoes yet.
                    So just bring running shoes and black shoes?
                    Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

• Can anybody tell me what is SOO ?

Comment

• Originally posted by junito9210 View Post
                        Can anybody tell me what is SOO ?
                        Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan
                        Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

• Thanks bud, just in case !

Comment

• Originally posted by MontgCounty33 View Post
                            You run a 5 min and 40 second mile out of shape?
                            Yeah. I swear, I'm not a runner...just have a high endurance for pain...I feel like my heart can explode after that run lol...

Comment

• Originally posted by audi0xpl0de View Post
                              I would only bring one good pair of running shoes. I brought both and haven't used the court shoes yet.
                              Cool. As long as I won't get disciplined for not bringing the court shoes...I see no reason for two pair of sneakers

Comment

• I tried to use that formula to calculate retirement...and I'm sue I'm doing something wrong...cuz I was rich by he time I was done!!! lol

Anyone have an idea how it works?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 17463 users online. 464 members and 16999 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X