• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TPA3312 View Post
    Were you offered SOO?
    Yes

Comment

• Originally posted by alutins View Post
      So you're saying that I need to change my attitude and dumb down to fit into Washington State CBP? Apparently a firm grasp of the English language is not a requirement...
      Just stop.

Comment

• Originally posted by MSU ILLEST View Post
        Yes
        congrats on your call today...good luck in your career!
        These hands need your guidance!

Comment

A NOPA can come in the beginning, middle, or end, there is no timeframe. From what I have read I think it is either 30 or 60 days you have to respond. If you get one it will tell you how long you have. If you are worried you will receive one start drafting your response now. That way if you receive one you will be prepared, and if you don't you get a nice surprise.
          Thanks for the response. I am not sure if I should expect one or not. I may be a candidate for some 'splanin and was hoping that if it was coming it would have come by now and I'm in the clear. Guess I'll just keep on sweating it.

P.S. I fully realize that "'splainin" is not proper english and was trying to interject some levity into the situation by referencing a popular television series from the 50's.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
            Many ports have gyms...many don't. Generally, the larger ones tend to.

I wouldn't count on doing much during "lunch" time; in many spots that's "grab what you can during breaks in traffic" time.
            Ok I see what you mean. Thanks

Comment

• point

Originally posted by imlikeaninja View Post
              Just stop.
              I'm just trying to make a point regarding improper grammar use.

I agree that's not why we're here, so I'll stop.

Comment

• Originally posted by JDNoble81 View Post
                As they say, thats a problem I'd like to have. Its something that I've been thinking about for the past couple of weeks. I actually have my IEA OB this Friday, so I'm not counting my cards just yet. Thats the last step for me.

Its going to depend a lot on location. I'm going to take the first offer, but my desire to stay in Philly will weigh heavily on which one I will stick with.

Funny thing is, I tested for ICE 2 months after CBP as a back-up plan. Now I have a funny feeling I might end up getting a call from them first. Expect the unexpected when it comes hiring processes with the Fed.
                I too would take the first job offered.

One thing I'll point out...IEA's journeyman out at GL-09, CBPO's at GS-11(and...if rumors are to believed, soon to be GS-12). If you're looking to move upward later in life, locking in that 11 early on gives you so many more options when applying to move to another position.

Comment

• hi merlin i appreciate your posts b4 and i would like to know if you or anyone happen to know if ur quals and everything else is good when I am back in the inventory do they go off just score again? or will consider that im pretty much cleared on everything? in order to get a new TO!

Comment

• gs-12

I really hope it's GS-12, that is a huge difference in pay!

Comment

So you're saying that I need to change my attitude and dumb down to fit into Washington State CBP? Apparently a firm grasp of the English language is not a requirement...
                      No, it's because you have this BS higher than though attitude about grammer and spelling. You mentioned that because you're so much better at spelling and grammer (I'm paraphrasing) that you will be a GS-15 over everyone, that's what I was refrencing previously.

Now I'm telling you that if you bring that kind of attitude to the job your not going to get anywhere. I was trying to give you a piece of advice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Reapplied View Post
                        hey TPA!
                        do you or anyone happen to know if ur quals and everything else is good when I am back in the inventory do they go off just score again? or will consider that im pretty much cleared on everything? in order to get a new TO!
                        This is just an educated guess, but I'm guessing your qualification will carry over. It would be silly to have to redo them if you are going for the same GS level since your education and/or experience are set in stone. But everything else has an expiration date and may need to be redone. I'm not sure if the VBT expires, since you would know what questions are asked and easily pass.

I hope this helps.
                        Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

Originally posted by robeans View Post
                          No, it's because you have this BS higher than though attitude about grammer and spelling. You mentioned that because you're so much better at spelling and grammer (I'm paraphrasing) that you will be a GS-15 over everyone, that's what I was refrencing previously.

Now I'm telling you that if you bring that kind of attitude to the job your not going to get anywhere. I was trying to give you a piece of advice.
                          You are a sad man.
                          Last edited by alutins; 04-21-2009, 05:10 PM. Reason: .

Comment

• Originally posted by Reapplied View Post
                            congrats on your call today...good luck in your career!
                            Thank you!!

Comment

This is just an educated guess, but I'm guessing your qualification will carry over. It would be silly to have to redo them if you are going for the same GS level since your education and/or experience are set in stone. But everything else has an expiration date and may need to be redone. I'm not sure if the VBT expires, since you would know what questions are asked and easily pass.

I hope this helps.
                              it's not what i was asking maybe u misunderstood, as you know i reapplied with my old test score and waiting until i get back in the inventory. i know for sure everything will carry over im not worried about that i was asking when im back in the inventory since things are cleared for me, do you know if they might recognize that and probably offer a TO to me and not base it on score as normal.

Comment

You are a sad man.
                                You need to stop right now and seriously think about what you are posting. We have several active CBPOs here and instructors also. Someone here could be your supervisors and have the power to determine the fate of your career. Are you trying to single yourself out now before you even start the job? On this forum we try to help each other, not pick at every mistake.

I would hate to work with you if this is how you treat peers and coworkers.
                                Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2895 users online. 185 members and 2710 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X