300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TPA3312 View Post
    Once you are sworn in you are still on probation and could be let go of.
    Also your probation is a 2 year period.
    Tested March 08
    TO June 08
    Medical COMPLETE 12/08
    VBT complete 08 passed
    Qualification GS-5 September 08
    BI September 08 complete April 09

FITNESS REDO AUG 7TH FAILED
    NOW IT IS TIME TO START ALL OVER AGAIN

Comment

• You can be fired without cause until your

Originally posted by TPA3312 View Post
      Once you are sworn in you are still on probation and could be let go of.
      probation is over. Probation can run 1 year or two . Although I have not checked that out in ages. Make sure you join the UNION. CBPOs are treated as the lowest form of Law Enforcement. You will find no BLUE WALL HERE. As most folks here are as far from a Police Officer has you can be. And in fact most DO NOT EVEN WANT TO CARRY GUNS. Maybe things will be better under this administration. Keep in mind everything you have the Union got you. The administration fought 24/7 right to carry your gun. Shift and rotation bid. Regular days off. Overtime rules etc.
      Last edited by Hunt the Jackel; 04-21-2009, 04:20 PM.

Comment

• Fired part 2

I do not want to scare you . Very few people are fired from Goverment work. And even fewer from CBP. CBP can barely keep the clerks they have . Average of 58 or so leave every two weeks. Only one person here has been fired who was off probation and did not get their job back.He actually resigned under MGT pressure to keep his record clean.And if he had listened to his Union rep he would still have a job. And yes he did deserve to be fired. As for probies . Yes several bit the dust . But again just plain stupid. Major drinking and driving issues. Leave abuse . Drug abuse. Etc. As for off probation . The Union has saved many a major f up here. Most of the issues relate to off duty conduct. Although we have had our share of on the job issues. But keep in mind the MGT here is not all that bright. And they screwed up all the procedures . And the Union Attorneys destroyed them at mediation.
        Last edited by Hunt the Jackel; 04-21-2009, 04:20 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by FreeAgent View Post
          For any current CBPO's, are there gym's available of some sort at the POE for staff to use? Maybe before work, lunch, or after work...etc Like some police depts. have.
          Many ports have gyms...many don't. Generally, the larger ones tend to.

I wouldn't count on doing much during "lunch" time; in many spots that's "grab what you can during breaks in traffic" time.

Comment

• Originally posted by RobRok View Post
            Personal attacks are lame. .....You are as dumb as anyone I ever met.

?????

Comment

Personal attacks are lame. I never get involved in them, certainly not on internet forums. What a foolish child you are. You are as dumb as anyone I ever met. Just take the hits on your poor writing skills and keep quite. They are sooo justified.
              How dumb! Why would you say "you never get involved" when you just did? "And say personal attacks are lame" when you're being as lame? LOL and you typed "sooo" and talk about someone else's errors? WOW hummm can you say moron? anyway mind your business this is like 5 pages old!
              Last edited by Reapplied; 04-21-2009, 04:35 PM.
              These hands need your guidance!

Comment

You are as dumb as anyone I ever met.
                Originally posted by imlikeaninja View Post
                ?????
                Everyone you meet is dumb?

Comment

• Nopa

Originally posted by imlikeaninja View Post
                  For those that received NOPA's. How long after your BI was submitted did it take for you to get a NOPA and how long do you have to respond?

just wanted to make sure my valid question did not get washed away in this sea of childishness. Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hunt the Jackel View Post
                    If you have any desire to be a Law Enforcement Officer you do not want to choose CBPO. Regardless of the location. At first the money and being near your family may offset the job. But as a few years go by it will not suffice. You will realize you cannot push paper for 20 or 30 years. Stand in a booth and have the crossers call you Hey Bud, dude, friend,toll booth guy, welcome man and worse. Punch out i 94s , tns , import cars. And go home and look in the mirror. Oh the Supervisors will say hey your making a great living. And the other clerks will say this is better then working in a factory.
                    But even those folks will spend every second on USA jobs ! And don`t forget odd hours. Maybe a dozen weekends off a year . Work all Holidays. Breathe toxic fumes. SO THINK IEA OR ICE before you think location. Do not think short term !
                    Thanks for the input. You made references to importing cars and toxic fumes. I'd imagine that would come into play at land/sea ports rather than at the airport.

Whats your current port of duty?
                    ICE IEA Philadelphia FO (Dingmans Ferry, PA)
                    Written: 5/15/08
                    NOR: 5/20/08
                    TO: 10/28/08
                    Medical/Drug Test: Cleared from CBP
                    Fitness: 2/02/09
                    BI: 3/15/09
                    OB: 4/24
                    EOD: 7/27
                    FLETC: 7/29 (Class 928)

CBPO Pennsylvania
                    Written: 3/15/08
                    NOR: 4/2/08
                    TO: 5/22/08
                    Pre-Emp Forms: 6/2/08
                    Fitness/Medical: 6/18/08
                    VBT: 6/30/08
                    Drug Test: 7/10/08
                    Quals: (GS-7) 7/23/08
                    Met w/ BI: 9/24/08
                    BI submitted: 10/10/08
                    TSU: 4/2/09
                    Removed from TSU (med/fit): 6/4
                    EOD:

Comment

• Originally posted by 500pearl View Post
                      Everyone you meet is dumb?
                      LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by imlikeaninja View Post
                        just wanted to make sure my valid question did not get washed away in this sea of childishness. Thanks.
                        A NOPA can come in the beginning, middle, or end, there is no timeframe. From what I have read I think it is either 30 or 60 days you have to respond. If you get one it will tell you how long you have. If you are worried you will receive one start drafting your response now. That way if you receive one you will be prepared, and if you don't you get a nice surprise.
                        Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

• I received the call today. Good luck to everyone waiting. I'm going to prepare for the move.

Comment

• Originally posted by MSU ILLEST View Post
                            I received the call today. Good luck to everyone waiting. I'm going to prepare for the move.
                            Were you offered SOO?
                            Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

• ?

Last edited by alutins; 04-21-2009, 06:19 PM. Reason: .

Comment

• hey TPA!
                                do you or anyone happen to know if ur quals and everything else is good when I am back in the inventory do they go off just score again? or will consider that im pretty much cleared on everything? in order to get a new TO!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9179 users online. 511 members and 8668 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X