300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by alutins View Post
    I disagree. I think that if you can't use their, they're, or there correctly ( to use only one example) , then what you post makes people second guess what you say.

To be honest though, I hope that the effort people show on this thread represents how they will do as cbpos. As far as I see it, I will leapfrog all yall dat right like these an dunno dis not how your spose to speak american. Keep it up dip****s!! GS-15 here I come, and at your expense...
    Well, from looking at your geo preference, I say you have a tough road ahead with that attitude.

Comment

• Originally posted by usvi View Post
      I don't think you're guaranteed a job until you're sworn in.
      Once you are sworn in you are still on probation and could be let go of.
      Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

• im scheduled to take the exam in philly soon

are there any good study guidoe books out there to prepare me for the exam.

ive heard some bashing about the study guide that they supply. thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by cbpomr View Post
          Ok, so I was told to bring running shoes, plain toe black shoes and court shoes to training. I imagine plain toe black shoes would be dress shoes? However, when she explained the other 2 shoes, court shoes did not sound much different than running shoes?

Help out guys...thanks.

Court shoes equal basketball shoes...or what ever kind of sneaker you're comfortable with in the mat room, weight room, riding the exercise bike, etc.

More or less, you need running shoes for running outdoors and court shoes for the indoor workouts.

Black shoes do equal dress shoes. you'll probably be in them only a few days. You might want to buy a cheap pair of mid-height black duty boots from Walmart or such once you get there and get settled in with what your needs are. Those Walmart boots will probably become your primary footwear during class time, at least until you get your issued boots. If you can get away with it, I suggest keeping your issue boots virgin until you get back to your port. Shiny new boots look better to start off with than boots scuffled by 3 months wear at the academy.

Comment

Hey JDNoble81,

Things are looking really good for you. You have cleared everything for both CBP and ICE. What would you do if you get called for both of them within the same week?
            As they say, thats a problem I'd like to have. Its something that I've been thinking about for the past couple of weeks. I actually have my IEA OB this Friday, so I'm not counting my cards just yet. Thats the last step for me.

Its going to depend a lot on location. I'm going to take the first offer, but my desire to stay in Philly will weigh heavily on which one I will stick with.

Funny thing is, I tested for ICE 2 months after CBP as a back-up plan. Now I have a funny feeling I might end up getting a call from them first. Expect the unexpected when it comes hiring processes with the Fed.
            ICE IEA Philadelphia FO (Dingmans Ferry, PA)
            Written: 5/15/08
            NOR: 5/20/08
            TO: 10/28/08
            Medical/Drug Test: Cleared from CBP
            Fitness: 2/02/09
            BI: 3/15/09
            OB: 4/24
            EOD: 7/27
            FLETC: 7/29 (Class 928)

CBPO Pennsylvania
            Written: 3/15/08
            NOR: 4/2/08
            TO: 5/22/08
            Pre-Emp Forms: 6/2/08
            Fitness/Medical: 6/18/08
            VBT: 6/30/08
            Drug Test: 7/10/08
            Quals: (GS-7) 7/23/08
            Met w/ BI: 9/24/08
            BI submitted: 10/10/08
            TSU: 4/2/09
            Removed from TSU (med/fit): 6/4
            EOD:

Comment

• Originally posted by Reapplied View Post
              Actually I was already at FLETC. Do you have a problem with me? If you do, then don't read what I post. If I'm in a hurry to reply to someone that asks a question I will write it without using periods or "real" punctuations, why don't you get a life and pick on someone else! This is the 2nd time you have come at me, I don't take BS so go rub your SH** it someone else's face..NOT MINE! and btw at FLETC they don't require you to write sentences just read them, fool!
              Personal attacks are lame. I never get involved in them, certainly not on internet forums. What a foolish child you are. You are as dumb as anyone I ever met. Just take the hits on your poor writing skills and keep quite. They are sooo justified.

Comment

• For any current CBPO's, are there gym's available of some sort at the POE for staff to use? Maybe before work, lunch, or after work...etc Like some police depts. have.

Comment

• Has anyone on here recently recieved "THE CALL" for Long Beach/Los Angeles? I'm going crazy waiting for my medical to clear, but I would NOT like to be stuck in TSU for 45 days even though I'd rather be in TSU already! I read on here someone was/is in that situation. GIVE ME HOPE!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by JDNoble81 View Post
                    As they say, thats a problem I'd like to have. Its something that I've been thinking about for the past couple of weeks. I actually have my IEA OB this Friday, so I'm not counting my cards just yet. Thats the last step for me.

Its going to depend a lot on location. I'm going to take the first offer, but my desire to stay in Philly will weigh heavily on which one I will stick with.

Funny thing is, I tested for ICE 2 months after CBP as a back-up plan. Now I have a funny feeling I might end up getting a call from them first. Expect the unexpected when it comes hiring processes with the Fed.
                    I agree, definately a problem i want to have. Good Luck with CBP and ICE. Hopefully you'll be force to decide soon. LoL.

Comment

• Originally posted by RobRok View Post
                      Personal attacks are lame. I never get involved in them, certainly not on internet forums. What a foolish child you are. You are as dumb as anyone I ever met. Just take the hits on your poor writing skills and keep quite. They are sooo justified.
                      This is funny. I wonder if anyone else catch the joke.

Lets just all relax guys and girls. Play nice.

Comment

This is funny. I wonder if anyone else catch the joke.

Lets just all relax guys and girls. Play nice.
                        DOH!
                        "When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle."

Comment

• Maybe not a GS 15 but you will make your

Originally posted by robeans View Post
                          Well, from looking at your geo preference, I say you have a tough road ahead with that attitude.
                          Paper pushing 12 in a few years. That is bascially a Walmart Floor Manager. But since you could not get a real job CBP is a great place for you !

Comment

• Location or what do you want to do ?

Originally posted by usvi View Post
                            I agree, definately a problem i want to have. Good Luck with CBP and ICE. Hopefully you'll be force to decide soon. LoL.
                            If you have any desire to be a Law Enforcement Officer you do not want to choose CBPO. Regardless of the location. At first the money and being near your family may offset the job. But as a few years go by it will not suffice. You will realize you cannot push paper for 20 or 30 years. Stand in a booth and have the crossers call you Hey Bud, dude, friend,toll booth guy, welcome man and worse. Punch out i 94s , tns , import cars. And go home and look in the mirror. Oh the Supervisors will say hey your making a great living. And the other clerks will say this is better then working in a factory.
                            But even those folks will spend every second on USA jobs ! And don`t forget odd hours. Maybe a dozen weekends off a year . Work all Holidays. Breathe toxic fumes. SO THINK IEA OR ICE before you think location. Do not think short term !

Comment

• Has anyone done the new fitness test that includes push ups and sit ups.

Comment

• Have you tried out for Comedy Central

Originally posted by FreeAgent View Post
                                For any current CBPO's, are there gym's available of some sort at the POE for staff to use? Maybe before work, lunch, or after work...etc Like some police depts. have.
                                Most CBPOs get physically sick when they have to get off their stool to get a stapler. And some of the new ones we have been getting were hired in before the age requirment. I think they were very worried about filling quota. Quite a few look like they were recruited at an old folks home. And believe me I am against age discrimination. I do not believe in any age limits if you stay in shape.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5990 users online. 381 members and 5609 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X