300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nopa

For those that received NOPA's. How long after your BI was submitted did it take for you to get a NOPA and how long do you have to respond?

Comment

• What geo location seems to get hired the most frequently and the fastest?

Comment

• My money is on large cities like NY, San Fran, LA, Chicago, Miami, DC. They may be highest in demand but not necessarily fastest in processing speed.

Comment

• Border towns, specifically southern.

Comment

• Ok, so I was told to bring running shoes, plain toe black shoes and court shoes to training. I imagine plain toe black shoes would be dress shoes? However, when she explained the other 2 shoes, court shoes did not sound much different than running shoes?

Help out guys...thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Reapplied View Post
              I think there is a lot of misunderstanding that was said in recent post about the academy. I was there and I will call my instructor for pt and ask him about the changes and dates it will be in effect, cause as far as i know the run time is 16:30 they are IMPLEMENTING certain things but nothing will not be in effect til oct.1. The new run time will be 15mins NOT 14:30. And as far a i know the firEarms quals were the same i wasn't aware that it was changing AGAIN!
              I agree with you they told me that the run and firearms would change in oct 1,2009

Comment

• Originally posted by alutins View Post
                I disagree. I think that if you can't use their, they're, or there correctly ( to use only one example) , then what you post makes people second guess what you say.

To be honest though, I hope that the effort people show on this thread represents how they will do as cbpos. As far as I see it, I will leapfrog all yall dat right like these an dunno dis not how your spose to speak american. Keep it up dip****s!! GS-15 here I come, and at your expense...
                LoL, you're really funny. Just calm down and relax son.

Actually, some of the people on here make me nervous. If they get so upset over grammar and spelling with the people that are suppose to be on their side, then what are they going to do when they meet people from around the world that don't speak the best English. As federal agents, we are going to be carrying guns and you can't even keep a level head during a forum that is meant to help people. Just the thought of some of you guys with guns really make me nervous.

All I am saying is, we are all here to seek help and give help. No need to throw mud at someone because they make a lil mistake in grammar. There is nothing wrong in pointing out that mistake, but some of you get really upset as though the person just slap you or spit in your face. In this job, I can imagine you're going to face alot worst than grammar mistakes and you have to learn to keep your cool.

(I wonder what this was suppose to mean:

"As far as I see it, I will leapfrog all yall dat right like these an dunno dis not how your spose to speak american"

Maybe someone can help me out.)

Comment

• I'll give you my best shot at a translation. Here it goes:

"As far as I am concerned, I will advance faster in my career than those of you who do not know how to write or speak proper English."

That would be in the spirit of the message, methinks
                  Last edited by DirtStyx; 04-21-2009, 11:17 AM.

Comment

• When going through the process......

Is it possible to be offered GEO locations close to your GEO preference if your location is full.

For example, I choose PA (Philly). If Philly is full, could I be offered surrounding areas such as DC, Virginia, DE?) - I'm just curious and not sure if those that I mentioned are even options.
                    ATF 1811 SA
                    Applied - 10/13/09

CBPO (GEO - Philadelphia)
                    Written Test - 5/11/09
                    NOR (87) - 6/10/09

ICE IEA (GEO - Philadelphia)
                    Written Test - 6/1/09
                    NOR (88.9) - 6/22/09

ICE 1811 SA
                    Written Test - 7/28/09
                    Written - Passed - 8/10/09
                    NOR (80.5 ugggh)

Comment

• Originally posted by DirtStyx View Post
                      I'll give you my best shot at a translation. Here it goes:

"As far as I am concerned, I will advance faster in my career than those of you who do not know how to write or speak proper English."

That would be in the spirit of the message, methinks
                      "me thinks"?? LoL LoL That's really funny. LoL! Who speaks like that? LoL!

Comment

• When you are sent to TSU are you guaranteed a job? What happens after 60 days in TSU? After 90 days?

Comment

• Originally posted by MontgCounty33 View Post
                          When going through the process......

Is it possible to be offered GEO locations close to your GEO preference if your location is full.

For example, I choose PA (Philly). If Philly is full, could I be offered surrounding areas such as DC, Virginia, DE?) - I'm just curious and not sure if those that I mentioned are even options.
                          When you complete all of your requirements and are placed in The Scheduling Unit, you'll wait there until a funded training slot opens for PA. I've never heard of anyone being offered another location aside from the one thats listed on their TO.
                          ICE IEA Philadelphia FO (Dingmans Ferry, PA)
                          Written: 5/15/08
                          NOR: 5/20/08
                          TO: 10/28/08
                          Medical/Drug Test: Cleared from CBP
                          Fitness: 2/02/09
                          BI: 3/15/09
                          OB: 4/24
                          EOD: 7/27
                          FLETC: 7/29 (Class 928)

CBPO Pennsylvania
                          Written: 3/15/08
                          NOR: 4/2/08
                          TO: 5/22/08
                          Pre-Emp Forms: 6/2/08
                          Fitness/Medical: 6/18/08
                          VBT: 6/30/08
                          Drug Test: 7/10/08
                          Quals: (GS-7) 7/23/08
                          Met w/ BI: 9/24/08
                          BI submitted: 10/10/08
                          TSU: 4/2/09
                          Removed from TSU (med/fit): 6/4
                          EOD:

Comment

• Originally posted by JDNoble81 View Post
                            When you complete all of your requirements and are placed in The Scheduling Unit, you'll wait there until a funded training slot opens for PA. I've never heard of anyone being offered another location aside from the one thats listed on their TO.
                            Hey JDNoble81,

Things are looking really good for you. You have cleared everything for both CBP and ICE. What would you do if you get called for both of them within the same week?

Comment

• Originally posted by blk98gt View Post
                              How do they count your score?
                              My dept. counts the missed shots (holes in the target outside of the "chest" area). A lot of officers shoot to completely miss the target at 25 yards and manage to shoot a 100 .
                              LOL. that should make things interesting on qual day. As for us, holes off the target = 0 points. no holes in the target = 0 points, too many holes in the target... I have to admit I'm not quite sure. I havent seen this one but I have heard of it happening.
                              Don't tase me bro!!

Comment

• Originally posted by JDNoble81 View Post
                                Originally posted by ifoCBP View Post
                                When you are sent to TSU are you guaranteed a job? What happens after 60 days in TSU? After 90 days?
                                I don't think you're guaranteed a job until you're sworn in.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4070 users online. 232 members and 3838 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X