Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by audi0xpl0de View Post
    It is already changed.
    Im just curious because a friend of mine at fletc just told me it was 150 what do you need now to qualify if its 300

Comment

• Originally posted by Bizzy930 View Post
      Its a course set for 300 possible points. I just went through the 150 course and qualify with a score of 148. 300 course is that much harder. Fletc standard is taking over.
      Are you sure it's not 360?
      "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• Originally posted by az90640 View Post
        did fletc change it to 300 or they plan on changing it.
        300 used to be the standard. When I went through FLETC 300 was the course of fire. Most people that failed firearms lost their points on the 25 Yrd line. The 150 course of fire eliminates the 25 yrd line.
        Don't tase me bro!!

Comment

Im just curious because a friend of mine at fletc just told me it was 150 what do you need now to qualify if its 300
          I am graduating in about 2 weeks. I qualified the 150 course a month ago. There were talks about changing course soon (possibly already made recently as mentioned above).

Comment

• These are some of the many changes that will be implemented soon or already have. Instructor just informed us 1.5 mile time limit of 14:30 for the newer classes among a few other things..

Comment

• Originally posted by 500pearl View Post
              Yea that was my initial thought last night, too many applicants.
              I wish CBP would just finish what they started instead of them adding more and more people into the pool. Why don't they wait until all or most of the people from 2 and 3 announcements ago get hired. It seems like the wait in TSU is getting longer and longer for most POE's. It almost seems that CBP is getting overwhelmed by all of the people going through the process and now it's going to get worse with all the people starting the process from this past announcement.......

Comment

• maybe, just maybe the new announcements is CBP's way of giving out more tests and holding out for applicants who score 90+ on the written exam. This way every new hire would have scored 90+.

Comment

• Originally posted by qixfeet View Post
                  300 used to be the standard. When I went through FLETC 300 was the course of fire. Most people that failed firearms lost their points on the 25 Yrd line. The 150 course of fire eliminates the 25 yrd line.
                  How do they count your score?
                  My dept. counts the missed shots (holes in the target outside of the "chest" area). A lot of officers shoot to completely miss the target at 25 yards and manage to shoot a 100 .
                  You shut your mouth when you're talking to me!

Comment

• Originally posted by 500pearl View Post
                    maybe, just maybe the new announcements is CBP's way of giving out more tests and holding out for applicants who score 90+ on the written exam. This way every new hire would have scored 90+.
                    I don't know.....I scored over a 90 so I don't really care if they do something like that. For Dulles, they don't have any funded positions available for people already in TSU. They listed "Many vacancies" on the latest announcement for Dulles. All they are going to do is add more T.O's for people when they can't even offer positions to people that are already cleared and ready to go in TSU. I know the announcements are for future vacancies, but I don't understand how they foresee the need for "Many vacancies" when they have a huge list of people already ready to be hired.

Comment

• maybe CBP knows something the applicants dont? perhaps there is a list of people CBP generated that are not going to proceed further in the process or never hire from TSU?

Comment

• Originally posted by tippmann87 View Post
                        I don't know.....I scored over a 90 so I don't really care if they do something like that. For Dulles, they don't have any funded positions available for people already in TSU. They listed "Many vacancies" on the latest announcement for Dulles. All they are going to do is add more T.O's for people when they can't even offer positions to people that are already cleared and ready to go in TSU. I know the announcements are for future vacancies, but I don't understand how they foresee the need for "Many vacancies" when they have a huge list of people already ready to be hired.
                        Tipp,
                        Where did you get the info that Dulles doesn't have any funded positions for people in TSU? I certainly hope that is not the case, that would probably make my wait to meet my B.I. that much longer. It was pretty cool when I went to Dulles for my VBT, the two officers I met seemed really cool. I mentioned to the officer setting up the video camera that (from this forum) "I heard Dulles has sent many to FLETC and it may be awhile for someone to get *the call*" The officer said they need people and it shouldn't be too long of a wait. I'm not sure if he was just blowing smoke, but the few people on this forum who have applied for the Dulles location has moved quickly through the process, hopefully that is a sign of good things to come!
                        Written: 12-11-08
                        Medical: 3-28-09 Pending
                        B.I.: 5-21-09 pending

Comment

• wrong

Originally posted by usvi View Post
                          Exactly, we do not need the GRAMMAR Police. We're in a informal atmosphere having informal conversations. Everyone here are busy working people and do not have the time to read and reread post to make sure they're grammatically correct. Of course under different conditions they would be more careful about the way they type. For example, the way I talk to my friends will not be the same way I would talk on an interview. Lets all just relax and appreciate the help we're getting from each other and stop trying to make people feel bad over some grammar and spelling.
                          I disagree. I think that if you can't use their, they're, or there correctly ( to use only one example) , then what you post makes people second guess what you say.

To be honest though, I hope that the effort people show on this thread represents how they will do as cbpos. As far as I see it, I will leapfrog all yall dat right like these an dunno dis not how your spose to speak american. Keep it up dip****s!! GS-15 here I come, and at your expense...

Comment

• Originally posted by CBPhOpeful View Post
                            Tipp,
                            Where did you get the info that Dulles doesn't have any funded positions for people in TSU? I certainly hope that is not the case, that would probably make my wait to meet my B.I. that much longer. It was pretty cool when I went to Dulles for my VBT, the two officers I met seemed really cool. I mentioned to the officer setting up the video camera that (from this forum) "I heard Dulles has sent many to FLETC and it may be awhile for someone to get *the call*" The officer said they need people and it shouldn't be too long of a wait. I'm not sure if he was just blowing smoke, but the few people on this forum who have applied for the Dulles location has moved quickly through the process, hopefully that is a sign of good things to come!
                            I talked to TSU and they told me that. I currently work at Dulles, not for CBP, but I have a few friends that transfered there. They all vouched for the same thing. It's not that they won't have funded positions available, it's just when. It is true, the do need people....BUT they aren't getting the funding to hire people. You still have a little while to go in your process, so it shouldn't really be an issue for you. It is just frustrating when you are in my case and have been cleared and ready to go and waiting in TSU. I have friends that just applied under this past announcement and the one right before it. The way things are going, it looks they'll be going to FLETC with me, even though I applied 3 announcements ago. Not having funded positions available shouldn't make a difference on when you meet your B.I. How fast the process moves along has nothing to do with how many funded positions are available. It only comes into play once you hit TSU.......

Comment

For classes that started after April 1st it's the 300 course.

Comment

• I think there is a lot of misunderstanding that was said in recent post about the academy. I was there and I will call my instructor for pt and ask him about the changes and dates it will be in effect, cause as far as i know the run time is 16:30 they are IMPLEMENTING certain things but nothing will not be in effect til oct.1. The new run time will be 15mins NOT 14:30. And as far a i know the firEarms quals were the same i wasn't aware that it was changing AGAIN!
                                These hands need your guidance!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 17531 users online. 457 members and 17074 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X