Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CBPhOpeful View Post
    500pearl,
    I had been a bertender for five years & about a yr and half ago I graduated college & decided to quit. I didn't realize how long the process is when applying to the govt! My process for CBPO has moved quite quickly, tested in dec 11-2008. Now I'm just waiting to be contacted for my B.I. to start. Anyone have an idea how much longer I might have to wait? Since I have not worked in a yr & half I'm banking on getting this job. I'm in a situation where I don't kno if I should get a job because of the fact the my last step is the B.I. I don't think it would be professional to find a job & quit after only a few weeks. I am ready to start working again, hopefully soon.

Soooo, in other words, I check this forum almost hourly & I appreciate those who have spent time answering the questions that others have asked, it has helped my personal experience with this process.

did you try calling to find out what's going on? plus don't sweat it some people get interim clearance and go to the academy and your BI comes there to interview you. Also make sure they have the right number on file is cass says background clear and your in tsu don't worry you BI will eventually happen
    Last edited by Reapplied; 04-20-2009, 12:19 PM.
    These hands need your guidance!

Comment

• Don't just let your application wonder around in that office, occasionally call and check-up on it remember those people are not working on one applicant they have thousands. Keep an eye on YOUR stuff no one will do it for you!
      Last edited by Reapplied; 04-20-2009, 02:35 PM.
      These hands need your guidance!

Comment

• Originally posted by Reapplied View Post
        Don't just let you application wonder around in that office, ossasionally call and check-up on it remember those people are not working on one applicant they have thousands. Keep an eye on YOUR stuff no one will do it for you!
        Was there a spelling portion on the exam (don't answer) and how did you manage to pass it? I'm starting to think you are misspelling on purpose because it truly takes effort to accomplish what you continuously do.
        Last edited by 500pearl; 04-20-2009, 12:47 PM.

Comment

• 500pearl… don’t encourage her!

Originally posted by 500pearl View Post
          Was there a spelling portion on the exam (don't answer) and how did you manage to pass it? I'm starting to think you are misspelling on purpose because it truly takes effort to accomplish what you continuously do.
          CBPO Timeline
          Geo: Virginia and D.C. Test: 12/10/08
          NOR: 12/20/08 (86%) TO: 02/02/09
          Forms: 02/11/09 VBT: 02/25/09
          Medical: 03/03/09 Fitness: 03/03/09
          Drug Test: 03/12/09 Qualifications: 03/26/09
          BI: 04/09/09 (my B-day gift!)
          Met with Investigator: 04/15/09 TSU: 04/10/09
          The Call: 05/01/09 10.30am
          EOD: 06/01/09 -- Dulles Airport
          FLETC: 07/01/09 -- Class 957
          Graduation: 10/14/09

Comment

• I didn't know reapplied was a female.

Comment

• Originally posted by 500pearl View Post
              I didn't know reapplied was a female.
              Maybe you should read posts more clearly without worrying about grammar and spelling. Or you could always do a little research on the people you are talking to.

Originally posted by TPA3312 View Post
              I’m guessing she was referring to the fact that they had similar dialects and mannerisms. But of course that is only assuming.
              Originally posted by Reapplied View Post
              I'm actually a female but it's ok I think I understand...
              Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

• I don't see the relevancy of each poster's gender since this thread's purpose is for the exchanging of information regarding the application process. It is not necessary to research the specifics of posters when the contents of their posts are indicative of their education/job skills/work experience/demeanor/personality.
                Last edited by 500pearl; 04-20-2009, 01:11 PM.

Comment

I don't see the relevancy of each poster's gender since this thread's purpose is for the exchanging of information regarding the application process. It is not necessary to research the specifics of posters when the contents of their posts are indicative of their education/job skills/work experience/demeanor/personality.
                  I think if you research previous posts of a poster you can get a good idea of where exactly the person is in the hiring process. Especially if they do not have a signature. You can also get a good idea on what type of person they are, and if they actually know what they are talking about. I have also found it helpful to review a person’s previous posts if I am trying to answer a question they have posted.
                  Last edited by TPA3312; 04-20-2009, 01:19 PM.

Comment

• TPA, I've made the appropriate changes to my post. Thank you for the courtesy reminder.

Comment

TPA, I've made the appropriate changes to my post. Thank you for the courtesy reminder.
                      Yeah, not a problem. Just having a little fun with you.

Comment

• soooooooooo TPA, are you a male or female?

Comment

soooooooooo TPA, are you a male or female?
                          [Removed by owner]
                          Last edited by TPA3312; 04-20-2009, 01:47 PM.

Comment

• You got it.

Comment

You got it.
                              See. Doing a little research on the person you are talking to really helps paint a mental picture of who you are talking to.

Comment

• Quick question:

Medical expires, Physical expires, does Security expire?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12849 users online. 477 members and 12372 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X