300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nycmike87 View Post
    Hey guys i was doing my "before you report forms", and was curious. Do we start pcking our health insurance and plans now or is it explained at EOD? Should i print the forms now?
    Any help from current CBPO's is appreciated.
    You can start doing your research now and see what plan works for you. You can also ask the people at your port what they have and if it works for them.

Comment

• I thought you must have a decision before your EOD? Or do you have 31 days to pick and choose ?

Comment

I thought you must have a decision before your EOD? Or do you have 31 days to pick and choose ?
        The deadline is after you EOD. I can't remember if it's 30 or 60 days.

Comment

Hey guys i was doing my "before you report forms", and was curious. Do we start pcking our health insurance and plans now or is it explained at EOD? Should i print the forms now?
          Try this:

http://opm.gov/insure/federal_employ...sp?AnswerId=72

Comment

• Originally posted by K0R3 View Post
            I NEED HELP!! plz : ). I'm tryin to get my e qip stuff squared away abd I see on the checklist i need to burn 2 complete copies of e qip. Is that accurate? All 60 pages times 2 and with my luck I'll be out of ink on page 59 LOL.
            First, NO. There is a signiture page that you print out, sign and send in. Everything else is sent electronicly.

Second, save a copy of your entire SF86, you may or may not need it later. It's a good thing to keep around for finding info you may have lost.

Comment

• That is a good link robeans provided. I went in and selected each plan and immediately ruled out those that had definite deal breakers in them. In the end I went with BC/BS because I have had them before and have never had any problems with them, but that is what works for me. As long as you know what plan code you want when you go in they will give you the forms to fill out the important stuff is which plan code.
              But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

I suggest you start looking for insurance plans now,

http://opm.gov/insure/health/planinf.../states/ny.asp

As for pre-employment forms you should look them over and if you like you can start to fill them out, but it would be a waist of ink to print them out because there is a starter packet waiting for you with the same exact forms on your EOD at JFK.

Comment

• Hello Folks

Hello Everyone,

As most of you all have done, i too have been lurking in the shadows probably for the last 50 pages.

Just as a little intro to what i have been going through.

I applied last Aug 08, and outta nowhere i received a package with the TO letter this March 09 and To be completely honest i figured i was out of the running. Well i turned in my prelim paper work at the end of March, and have completed the physical/medical, drug screen and today (Sunday) i went to take the VBT.

I was pretty nervous about the VBT, I kinda expected to see what was on there but i still was nervous, i dont think i did very well, but you never know. I at least tried to adjust and give it my best shot all though it may have not been enough. We will see.

When i applied, i chose East TX. Any one else on here choose East Tx?
                  TSU since 07/10/2009

Comment

• TX54,
                    I'm sure you did fine on the VBT. I felt the same way after taking it. The whole ride home I was thinking of other ways I could have responded. Goodluck in completing all of the other steps!
                    Written: 12-11-08
                    Medical: 3-28-09 Pending
                    B.I.: 5-21-09 pending

Comment

• cpbhopeful, much appreciated. we will see..
                      TSU since 07/10/2009

Comment

• Anyone notice the pre-employment checklist is different than the list in back of the book?
                        "When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle."

Comment

Anyone notice the pre-employment checklist is different than the list in back of the book?
                          Yes i noticed that to, but im assuming the booklet is a little older. So the actual single paper that tells you the checklist I think would be more up to date.

Comment

• yeah I thought that as well, but I'll still send in the rest just in case. I'd imagine the residency requirement page would be important. If they don't need the extra paperwork hopefully they'll just toss it.
                            "When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle."

Comment

• Yeah, thanks guys i am pretty sure im going to use Blue cross/bs

Comment

yeah I thought that as well, but I'll still send in the rest just in case. I'd imagine the residency requirement page would be important. If they don't need the extra paperwork hopefully they'll just toss it.
                                i basically sent in 3 of everything. Like you said they might ask for two copies of something but 3 of the SF-86. I already xeroxed 4 of everything so i sent them the whole 3 copies.
                                Hope that helps

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9522 users online. 351 members and 9171 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X