Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• does anyone know if there is going to be a CBP officer announcement that is open to the public any time soon?

Comment

• I'm new to the site, but not to the Gov't games. It was all hurry up and wait in the infantry and orders changed 2-3 times daily. If CBP is like this then I know how to play that game, if not than that's a welcomed change. I'm leaving for FLETC, Glynco , on 03-18. My duty station is North Eastern Border between USA and Canada. Does anyone know how the action and schedule goes?

Comment

• Originally posted by CBP0311 View Post
        I'm new to the site, but not to the Gov't games. It was all hurry up and wait in the infantry and orders changed 2-3 times daily. If CBP is like this then I know how to play that game, if not than that's a welcomed change. I'm leaving for FLETC, Glynco , on 03-18. My duty station is North Eastern Border between USA and Canada. Does anyone know how the action and schedule goes?
        It all depends on your port really. CBP is not going to be anything similiar to your infantry days. Good on you for serving, but realistically this is toned way down compared to that. As far as CBP being as unpredictable as the military, it has its moments when the unexpected does arise, but not anything like what your probably used to.

The northern border generally is much slower than the southern border....and before anyone gets all twisted with that statement, rest assured that I make that having worked numerous years in El Paso prior to the 4 up here in Buffalo.

Just keep the same work ethic and your gonna do fine and make a good living too.

Comment

• Opsec

Originally posted by CBP0311 View Post
          I'm new to the site, but not to the Gov't games. It was all hurry up and wait in the infantry and orders changed 2-3 times daily. If CBP is like this then I know how to play that game, if not than that's a welcomed change. I'm leaving for FLETC, Glynco , on 03-18. My duty station is North Eastern Border between USA and Canada. Does anyone know how the action and schedule goes?
          CBPO311,
          If you are leaving for FLETC on 3/18 then you should already be at the North Eastern Border between USA and Canada LOCATION.....so you should know your schedule because you should already be at your Port of Entry?????

Comment

• Originally posted by madchiken View Post
            You might want to get with your union guys on this...

HR218 is mostly for state and local LEOs, feds already had nationwide carry.
            Not with personal weapons. Feds can carry nationwide with duty weapons under policy only. Outside of that you need a CCW or have to carry a personal weapon under HR218. The union has nothing to do with this.

Comment

• Originally posted by ec2749 View Post
              does anyone know if there is going to be a CBP officer announcement that is open to the public any time soon?
              Nation wide announcement will be availiable again starting tomorrow Feb 25th until Friday on Mar 7th.
              It is going to be a specific announcement for impacted ports in CBP.

Comment

• Originally posted by FmrHammerMonkey View Post
                Nation wide announcement will be availiable again starting tomorrow Feb 25th until Friday on Mar 7th.
                It is going to be a specific announcement for impacted ports in CBP.
                The hirig is opened today on cbp.gov. You can apply for any location in the US, but you will get faster consideration if you apply for the ports listed on the Northern border that are hurting for people

Comment

• Originally posted by 1895FED View Post
                  CBPO311,
                  If you are leaving for FLETC on 3/18 then you should already be at the North Eastern Border between USA and Canada LOCATION.....so you should know your schedule because you should already be at your Port of Entry?????
                  I was thinking the same, unless he was hired at a job fair and processed through a speedy hiring. It's not new to CBP, they did it after 911. No pre academy whatsoever, straight to Georgia. Many people flunked out of FLETC because of negative background checks... Unless this is the case, CBPO311 should have spent at least a couple of weeks at his POE as part of the new CBPO curriculum.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Hi everyone thanks for the helpful information in regards to CBP. I was wondering if the application is just like for the BP Agent one in which you can specify where from a listing you would like to go for a duty station? Me personally I would not mind working the New York/Canadian border posts if any of those are looking to hire.
                    "Carpe Diem"

Comment

• can someone post a link where it will take you to the hiring page? i have searched usajobs.gov but it is not listed, unless i overlooked it? thanks

Comment

• Go to cbp.gov and click on Careers. Then click on "CBP Officer - Now Hiring" and it takes you to a page with the announcement linked on it.

Comment

• This is the URL:

http://www.cbp.gov/linkhandler/cgov/...cer_hiring.doc

Customs And Border Protection Officer Online Application
                          Security Information
                          Privacy Information

This announcement is currently closed. The open period for this announcement is 2/25/2008 through 3/7/2008.

OPENS TOMORROW
                          Last edited by matyoka; 02-24-2008, 05:57 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Light_Guardian View Post
                            Hi everyone thanks for the helpful information in regards to CBP. I was wondering if the application is just like for the BP Agent one in which you can specify where from a listing you would like to go for a duty station? Me personally I would not mind working the New York/Canadian border posts if any of those are looking to hire.
                            yeah basically the same. they really need officers for buffalo, ny/canada border crossing. you'll get a faster selection for that particular location

Comment

• Hey guys/gals -
                              Does anyone have info on advancement for a customs officer. I know the top for an officer is a GS-11, but what about beyond that. Is there opprotunities for supervisor roles, any rank ladder that one could move up. Any/all info would be appreciated. Also any site where this info can be found too would be great. Thanks all, and good luck!
                              USSS-UD
                              August 07 - Initial app.
                              September 07 - Initial interview/Post
                              October 07 - Panel
                              November 07 - Polygraph
                              December 07 - Medical
                              January 08 - Drug screen

ICE SA
                              Written - 4/1/08

Comment

• cass

Two questions here. 1.) I took the test back in october for the newark port and passed. When I check CASS it says that my social security and dob are not in the system. Does anyone know why this might be? 2.) How easy would it be to get hired for one location and then transfer at some point? I heard that you have to wait for an open announcement, but then what is the procedure for applying to another location and how long do you have to stay at one location before you can transfer? Thanks in advance.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8197 users online. 351 members and 7846 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X