300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
    Im trying to remember, in CASS, for the background when does it change to "your case is in the security office"? Is it after you meet with a BI or before? Im drawing a blank on what the status' are for the background.
    Anybody remember?
    Thanks.
    Just to add to the confusion, lol, I received the handsigned letter the same day that my BI initially cleared(good timing huh). Well, I waited for 3 weeks running my butt in the snow just to have it sent to the security office for 2-3months. If that is the normal case, which it sounds as though it is, they will have your CASS as going from 1.) All documents received to 2.) Documents being reviewed to 3.) Referred to EOD and then if your you're one of the lucky few, such as I, it goes to 4.) BI in the security office and you lose your spot for the EOD pipeline. 2 1/2 months later my BI passed and now I'm in the Referred to EOD Scheduling again and after contacting Scheduling group, (which must be commended ARE VERY QUICK with response- sometimes as quick as 1 1/2 hours for emailing at times) there are no vacancies for my location now. So now I wait for an offer for an undefined amount of time and wait for the CASS categories to expire and have to renew them all over again. Good news is that if you have to renew any of the categories, they wont take you off the EOD pipeline so you dont lose your spot again.

Comment

• This is the actual message you receive in CASS if you have been referred to EOD:

Referred to Schedule EOD 1/22/2008 You have been referred to the scheduling unit. Generally an applicant can expect to be contacted to schedule their entrance on duty and/or training in 30 - 60 days. Depending on an applicant's selected locations scheduling calls could be extended an additional 30 days or more.

Comment

• Congratulations!

Originally posted by Cbp45 View Post
        Finally got the phone call today. I report to FLETC on March 16. IS any body here going to be in the same class?
        So i got offered LAX or Long Beach Seaport. LAX is pretty straight forward what CBPO s do there, but Any body know any thing about Long Beach? I have a few days to decide. Pretty excited, but never thought I would get the Phone call right after the BI completed.
        Congrats Cbp45!!!!

Hopefully I will get through my medical soon (I have anemia and had to go back to the lab today to get more blood drawn to show that I am okay). I am hoping to be going to FLETC sometime in March. So we'll see if I will be joining you guys!!!

Again, congrats!!!!
        Toughmommy

CBP Process:
        Took Test: June 2006, passed/95 w/vet pref
        TO: Nov. 21, 2007
        Pre-Employment Forms: completed 1/4/08 & accepted
        Quals: completed/GS-5-12/20/07
        Medical Exam: completed Feb. 2008
        Structured Interview: 12/26/07-passed
        Drug Screening: 1/17/08-passed
        BI: being reviewed
        Fitness: completed/passed Dec. 2007

Comment

• Thanks...I talked to the scheduler, She confirmed training will be 6 days a week with OT. Which is great for the pay and time saved...

Comment

• I just started the CBPO process 3 1/2 months ago and they have not started my BI but my CASS says, "your case is in the security office". So who knows what that really means, cuz I have not met with an investigator
            CBPO
            Test-11/07, T.O. 1/08 (WA)
            Med/Fit-completed 1/08
            Forms/Drug/VBT-completed 2/08
            Quals-completed 6/08
            BI-completed 8/08
            Referred to Schedule EOD 8/15/08

The Call-9/29/08
            Start-10/14/08
            FLETC-11/13/08

CBPI-911

Comment

• Can anyone tell me how long it takes to get your results from your VBT? I just took it yesterday.
              CBPO
              Med/Fit-completed 1/08
              Quals-completed 6/08
              BI-completed 8/08

The Call-9/29/08
              Start-10/14/08
              FLETC-11/13/08

CBPI-911

Comment

• Residency Requirement

Anyone had a problem with this or know some one that did?
                Last edited by Tarheel1; 03-02-2008, 07:30 PM.
                CBPO
                Med/Fit-completed 1/08
                Quals-completed 6/08
                BI-completed 8/08

The Call-9/29/08
                Start-10/14/08
                FLETC-11/13/08

CBPI-911

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarheel1 View Post
                  I just started the CBPO process 3 1/2 months ago and they have not started my BI but my CASS says, "your case is in the security office". So who knows what that really means, cuz I have not met with an investigator
                  It means you case was received and forwarded to the security office. One of two things are happening now. The automated checks for your case could have been started, but until it is actually scheduled nobody will talk to an investigator about you. Or option two, is it is sitting in someones "in box" waiting. Since the security office keeps their stuff close to the vest, you probably won't be able to figure out where it is. My BI started the automated checks a month after they received the package in June, but then sat there and nothing happened, until the end of last month.
                  But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarheel1 View Post
                    Can anyone tell me how long it takes to get your results from your VBT? I just took it yesterday.
                    probably a week or two at the most

Comment

• Just out of curiosity, are CBPO's still issued Glocks? Also, if I understand correctly, your duty weapon is the only weapon you are allowed to carry off duty?

Thanks
                      ICE IEA

May 08 Written Test
                      Feb 09 TO-Los Angeles
                      March 09 Medical/PT/Drug Test
                      July 09 Oral Board
                      Background Started 11/16/09

EOD 11/23/09 San Bernardino
                      Academy class 006 12/03/09-04/13/10

Comment

• Originally posted by will0861 View Post
                        Just out of curiosity, are CBPO's still issued Glocks? Also, if I understand correctly, your duty weapon is the only weapon you are allowed to carry off duty?

Thanks
                        Nope, carrying the H and K P2000. and i believe its your off duty carry weapon, unless you have a civilian ccw then carry whatever

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                          Nope, carrying the H and K P2000. and i believe its your off duty carry weapon, unless you have a civilian ccw then carry whatever
                          You can carry your issue weapon off duty, but you have to conform to agency policy. Better off carrying under HR218 - law president signed enabling credentialed LEOs to carry anywhere in the US concealed with their OWN WEAPON, NOT THE AGENCIES. You don't need a CCW as a CBPO. It's not necessary, even though a lot of FTI will state that you do. They do not know the law.

Here is a link to the law:

http://leaa.org/218/

Text of the law is there for all to read. Guys who are at POEs, print this out and make sure officers know.

Comment

• Originally posted by will0861 View Post
                            Just out of curiosity, are CBPO's still issued Glocks? Also, if I understand correctly, your duty weapon is the only weapon you are allowed to carry off duty?

Thanks
                            Off duty acting in official capacity, yes. However you can carry your personal weapon under HR218. Read the law however so you're in compliance.

Simple rule of thumb with any agency: Their gun, their rules, their business. Under HR218 you are NOT acting in official capacity, you CAN NOT do anything as a LEO, it's there for YOUR protection only.

Comment

• Originally posted by formerNOPD View Post
                              You can carry your issue weapon off duty, but you have to conform to agency policy. Better off carrying under HR218 - law president signed enabling credentialed LEOs to carry anywhere in the US concealed with their OWN WEAPON, NOT THE AGENCIES. You don't need a CCW as a CBPO. It's not necessary, even though a lot of FTI will state that you do. They do not know the law.

Here is a link to the law:

http://leaa.org/218/

Text of the law is there for all to read. Guys who are at POEs, print this out and make sure officers know.
                              good heads up bro, was a little confused on the p's and q's of the policy

Comment

• You might want to get with your union guys on this...

HR218 is mostly for state and local LEOs, feds already had nationwide carry.
                                Last edited by madchiken; 02-22-2008, 05:09 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7938 users online. 204 members and 7734 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X