300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
    That would be my guess. I really haven't paid much attention to it since it doesn't apply to me.

I don't know in a practical sense how much meaning that question has. I haven't really seen where CBP has been short-staffed with females, so I wonder just how often such a list would come into play?
    hummmm thanks, i know it comes into play cause there is a need where i was cause, my score was lower than my friend and i got in the academy and he just got sent to tsu
    These hands need your guidance!

Comment

• Can somebody confirm this for me.

I tested in Feb 2007 and met with my BI in Aug 2008 and reactivated my score in Jan 09 . I do not have to reapply under this new announcement unless I want to score higher correct? I never seem to get a definitive answer on my questions from the Minneapolis hiring center.

Comment

• Originally posted by ironwill727 View Post
        Can somebody confirm this for me.

I tested in Feb 2007 and met with my BI in Aug 2008 and reactivated my score in Jan 09 . I do not have to reapply under this new announcement unless I want to score higher correct? I never seem to get a definitive answer on my questions from the Minneapolis hiring center.
        why would you want to reapply if your in the process already? and why did you reactivate your score? maybe MHC didnt understand u cause I didnt get what your asking.
        Last edited by Reapplied; 04-17-2009, 07:31 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Reapplied View Post
          why would you want to reapply if your in the process already? and why did you reactivate your score? maybe MHC didnt understand u cause I didnt get what your asking.

I had not heard anything since my background in August and I have not completed anything else. I contacted them to see what was up and they said I was deactivated since I had not attend the VBT. However, I was never notified of when to attend the VBT. Which was a mistake on their part. So I had to reactivate it in Jan but still have not heard anything since then.

Comment

I had not heard anything since my background in August and I have not completed anything else. I contacted them to see what was up and they said I was deactivated since I had not attend the VBT. However, I was never notified of when to attend the VBT. Which was a mistake on their part. So I had to reactivate it in Jan but still have not heard anything since then.
            ok got ya first off a lot of people let their application go they dont check up on it and you have to stay on top of your process if you did your BI back in august you should of called in december or check cass...shoulda coulda woulda anyway you petty much started all over it you reactivated when you reapplied why you reapply under this announcement it asks you if you want to keep your old score, if you don't and you want to get a higher score then you test all over again but right now you have to wait until the announcement close and get you NOR again and TO again then you start your Quals all over except your BI

Comment

Hope you get through this year cause your score is good for 3 years and your application is good for 1 year in 2010 your score is no good

Comment

• Got ya. Thanks for the info you should work for the MHC lol. I think I am gonna retest.

Does anybody know if things are looking better in DE or PA than in NJ at this time?

Comment

• Originally posted by SD to GA View Post
                  So I got the call yesterday morning at 7:30am PST. Ill be in San Ysidro, CA starting May 11th. Im putting in my 2 weeks at work Monday (God thats going to be such a good feeling!). Im still praying for the rest of ya'll to get cleared. Good Luck!
                  Congratulations! See you in Ysidro!

Comment

• Originally posted by jav252003 View Post
                    Hey Firecop!
                    I tested back in dec for Florida. I got a 91 in the test an still no TO.
                    What was your score?
                    My friend and I tested 12/12/08 in Orlando. I got an 84 he got an 83. A few weeks ago we both got the email to pick our location again. We both put in for all other Florida. We haven't heard anything since. We both reapplied under the new announcement about a week ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by firecop_22 View Post
                      My friend and I tested 12/12/08 in Orlando. I got an 84 he got an 83. A few weeks ago we both got the email to pick our location again. We both put in for all other Florida. We haven't heard anything since. We both reapplied under the new announcement about a week ago.
                      Good luck with the process. I also selected all other Florida and the hiring is very slow.
                      Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

• I am curious to know, while attending FLETC, do you undergo training in any kind of medical training, similar to CPR certification, etc. I am thinking about taking classes to better prepare myself if a situation arises, but if I make it to FLETC, I'd much rather have them fit the bill! Thank you in advance.
                        Written: 12-11-08
                        Medical: 3-28-09 Pending
                        B.I.: 5-21-09 pending

Comment

• Originally posted by CBPhOpeful View Post
                          I am curious to know, while attending FLETC, do you undergo training in any kind of medical training, similar to CPR certification, etc. I am thinking about taking classes to better prepare myself if a situation arises, but if I make it to FLETC, I'd much rather have them fit the bill! Thank you in advance.
                          yes you have to pass the cpr class with an 80 or higher

Comment

hummmm thanks, i know it comes into play cause there is a need where i was cause, my score was lower than my friend and i got in the academy and he just got sent to tsu

I'm sure it happens, I'm just not sure how often it does. Maybe at remote/isolated ports like Guam, P.R., Poker Creek, Alaska, etc.

In a broader sense, There's only a couple of reasons that I can think of off-hand where Officer gender matters...,<edited for OPSEC reasons>.
                            Last edited by merlin436; 04-18-2009, 12:03 AM. Reason: Security issues

Comment

Walla183 what was ur score when u reapplied?
                              I scored a 98 on the test back in December, which was still good for when I re-applied for this announcement.

Comment

Just wanted to add that the scores are meaningless once a TO is issued.

Anybody could shoot pass anyone else after the TO is issued, for just about any reason. Who knows why you got placed on a fairly straight track into hiring and your friend had to linger for weeks on the edges? Not I, that's for sure.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10060 users online. 369 members and 9691 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X