300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .........edit
    ICE IEA Philadelphia FO (Dingmans Ferry, PA)
    Written: 5/15/08
    NOR: 5/20/08
    TO: 10/28/08
    Medical/Drug Test: Cleared from CBP
    Fitness: 2/02/09
    BI: 3/15/09
    OB: 4/24
    EOD: 7/27
    FLETC: 7/29 (Class 928)

CBPO Pennsylvania
    Written: 3/15/08
    NOR: 4/2/08
    TO: 5/22/08
    Pre-Emp Forms: 6/2/08
    Fitness/Medical: 6/18/08
    VBT: 6/30/08
    Drug Test: 7/10/08
    Quals: (GS-7) 7/23/08
    Met w/ BI: 9/24/08
    BI submitted: 10/10/08
    TSU: 4/2/09
    Removed from TSU (med/fit): 6/4
    EOD:

Comment

• Does anyone know if your test score goes in order by gender? as well as high to low
      These hands need your guidance!

Comment

• Umm I dont think they do that. If they did, that wouldnt classify them as an equal opportunity employer

Comment

• Florida Testers

Has anyone that tested in Florida back in December received any information after their NOR? I've been reading this thread and it seems that Florida is not having any movement compared to other states.

Comment

• Originally posted by firecop_22 View Post
            Has anyone that tested in Florida back in December received any information after their NOR? I've been reading this thread and it seems that Florida is not having any movement compared to other states.
            I tested in Jan. 09 and since then have been sent to TSU. Now I am just waiting for an open position. It seems Florida (though out) has a lack of training slots.
            Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

• Originally posted by buenhec
              I turn 37 In August but take my exam this April 28th. The port I am applying for does their all their own hiring (except for the exam.) I understand they want more local people because of the high turnover. (sw border)

From reading here I get my TO after the exam, should that hold me over and keep me eligible past my 37th Bday. I have read so many conflicting comments on this?

Can anyone shed some light on this. Im trying to keep motivated here.
              Once you get your TO 1 day b4 u turn 37 ur good nothing will hold u over past 37..sorry

Comment

• Originally posted by Meph View Post
                I'm really worried about the VBT. I'm terrible when it comes to interviews.
                I was worried about the VBT too, but it really isn't that bad. I was so anxious and nervous that I kind of psyched myself out prior to it. Go in there confident & rock it. Good luck!
                Written: 12-11-08
                Medical: 3-28-09 Pending
                B.I.: 5-21-09 pending

Comment

• I think there is a way that they pick females out of the bunch because if headquarters needs females there must be a way or method they use and lets say 10 males with a higher score are in front of that female they wont offer all those 10 males positions if headquarters asks for or that port is in need for females...it won't make sense. because majority of the people who apply for LE positions are males there are hardly females, and some ports need more female cause they have a lot of men.

Comment

• Originally posted by buenhec
                    So what constitutes a To besides passing your exam? does everyone get one?
                    your score and the demand for the POE you applied for constitutes a TO, the higher your score the better i'm not sure if everyone gets a TO they try to fill up the ports as best as headquarters and funding can provide

Comment

• Originally posted by firecop_22 View Post
                      Hey Firecop!
                      I tested back in dec for Florida. I got a 91 in the test an still no TO.
                      What was your score?

Comment

• CBPO Florida

Post Deleted
                        Last edited by UCFknight; 02-26-2010, 10:28 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by UCFknight View Post
                          Hey I am in the same boat as you other Florida guys, I tested on 12/09/08 in Miami, got an 88 and now I am waiting for something to happen. I did get an email in March saying something about they are changing the codes for Florida and I would have to choose between one of two: the south Florida sector or the the rest of the state. I chose south Florida and they emailed me a new NOR. Did you guys get the same thing?
                          No, under the announcement I applied South Florida (key west, Miami) was already specificed besides through out Florida which is everything else. I applied for though-out Florida.
                          Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

• Originally posted by Reapplied View Post
                            I think there is a way that they pick females out of the bunch because if headquarters needs females there must be a way or method they use and lets say 10 males with a higher score are in front of that female they wont offer all those 10 males positions if headquarters asks for or that port is in need for females...it won't make sense. because majority of the people who apply for LE positions are males there are hardly females, and some ports need more female cause they have a lot of men.
                            In the initial application there's a question that essentially asks if you're female and if you'd consider applying for "female-only" openings.

That's not how it's worded, but it's the gist of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                              In the initial application there's a question that essentially asks if you're female and if you'd consider applying for "female-only" openings.

That's not how it's worded, but it's the gist of it.
                              yea i remember that it said something like would you like to be consider for female positions, something like that so what does that mean? if the port need females that's where i would fit in faster than the regular list?

Comment

• Originally posted by Reapplied View Post
                                yea i remember that it said something like would you like to be consider for female positions, something like that so what does that mean? if the port need females that's where i would fit in faster than the regular list?

That would be my guess. I really haven't paid much attention to it since it doesn't apply to me.

I don't know in a practical sense how much meaning that question has. I haven't really seen where CBP has been short-staffed with females, so I wonder just how often such a list would come into play?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9133 users online. 456 members and 8677 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X