Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey TPA3312 Can I PM you with some questions i have about my qualifications?

Comment

• Originally posted by DirtStyx View Post
      I don't mean to fan any flames that were sparked a few threads back, but there was the question of whether or not to divulge past indiscretions to a BI if there was a chance the BI wouldn't find it. I found an interesting website.

www.securityclearances.org

They are a law firm that specializes in helping people appeal negative decisions from adjudicators. This quote is from their homepage:

"WHAT IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING TO KNOW ABOUT SECURITY CLEARANCES

The absolute most important thing to know about security clearance cases is that “integrity” is everything. No matter how big or small the “behavior” at issue may be – the government must believe that you can be trusted to tell the truth, most significantly when to be honest could adversely impact you, your job and your position. Almost any behavior can be mitigated. Integrity once lost, however, is extremely difficult to recover."

"...integrity is everything." If I had to chose between someone who freely admits they made a mistake and one who swept it under the rug because they felt it wouldn't be found, I would say the one who demonstrated honesty would have integrity. But maybe I don't understand the definition of integrity.

Could not have said it better myself.
      Written:11/07---89--GS-7
      Extended Written: 07/08
      T.O.: 04/09--Hoping for Chicago
      Paperwork: Sent back 08/09
      Med:waiting
      VBT:waiting
      BI:waiting

Comment

• Michigan POE's

Originally posted by JBC View Post
        I got the call today for Sault Ste Marie Michigan today. I had to turn it down because I can't afford to make the move up there. I was excited to get the call but disappointed for it to be for there. I was hoping for Detroit like many Michigan area people, or even Port Huron if offered.

The lady that called was really helpfull. She told me because of the many applicants and the economy in Michigan, Detroit/Port Huron are not available due to recent hirings and no funding at the time. The bad thing is she said there is several positions available in the Soo and people have been passing on them. So these positions will keep cycling until they are filled and keep knocking us out of the running for Detroit/Port Huron until there are filled. I just hope there are people that are in the situation to move up there and take advantage of it. The funny thing I heard from officers in Detroit is that it is a hard port to get, older officers go there to retire because they are so slow up there.

So people looking for a Michigan Port that have not been called yet, expect an offer for the Soo.
        ______
        --RE: Openings at MI POE's: I also have information from a reliable source regarding the openings PH and Detroit and was also told they needed to fill the SOO. What is crazy about all of this is I know SEVERAL Port Huron Officers that want to transfer to the SOO and get out of Port Huron. They are not being allowed to right now, for whatever reason. It is very frustrating for them, as well as you guys applying for MI POE's. If you can swing it, take the offer to the SOO and when you are off of your probationary period and/or reach a GS-11, do a swap with one of the Port Huron guys wanting to get back to the SOO. You may be there for a couple years but it may be worth it in the end. I know people who work/have worked in the SOO- from what I hear it's a nice Port and cost of living is SUPER cheap.

Comment

• Originally posted by pepecito16 View Post
          Thanx for the info. TPA3312 and Blessed... By the way I was just reading the first pages of this forum and saw members talking about CBP being consider a LE agency (which to me it is). The question is, Is CBP a LE agency or not?????

Yes we are a LE agency, we are also a compliance agency and and intel agency. We just recently recieved retirement which is on par with other 12d agencies. When this thread started we were still being considered for LEO retirement.
          Don't tase me bro!!

Comment

• Originally posted by SD to GA View Post
            So I got the call yesterday morning at 7:30am PST. Ill be in San Ysidro, CA starting May 11th. Im putting in my 2 weeks at work Monday (God thats going to be such a good feeling!). Im still praying for the rest of ya'll to get cleared. Good Luck!
            Congrats! When is your FLETC start date?
            ICE IEA Philadelphia FO (Dingmans Ferry, PA)
            Written: 5/15/08
            NOR: 5/20/08
            TO: 10/28/08
            Medical/Drug Test: Cleared from CBP
            Fitness: 2/02/09
            BI: 3/15/09
            OB: 4/24
            EOD: 7/27
            FLETC: 7/29 (Class 928)

CBPO Pennsylvania
            Written: 3/15/08
            NOR: 4/2/08
            TO: 5/22/08
            Pre-Emp Forms: 6/2/08
            Fitness/Medical: 6/18/08
            VBT: 6/30/08
            Drug Test: 7/10/08
            Quals: (GS-7) 7/23/08
            Met w/ BI: 9/24/08
            BI submitted: 10/10/08
            TSU: 4/2/09
            Removed from TSU (med/fit): 6/4
            EOD:

Comment

• I’ve made a new friend today at TSU. Turns out they are very laid back and nice people. If I was to call them 9 am sharp this morning I would have been offered Norfolk, VA. Instead I’m #1 on the list for Dulles. Apparently they have 12 spots open and approved; all they are waiting for is for the Headquarters to release the funds. Who else is waiting for VA here? A dozen people is very soon to be very happy!
              CBPO Timeline
              Geo: Virginia and D.C. Test: 12/10/08
              NOR: 12/20/08 (86%) TO: 02/02/09
              Forms: 02/11/09 VBT: 02/25/09
              Medical: 03/03/09 Fitness: 03/03/09
              Drug Test: 03/12/09 Qualifications: 03/26/09
              BI: 04/09/09 (my B-day gift!)
              Met with Investigator: 04/15/09 TSU: 04/10/09
              The Call: 05/01/09 10.30am
              EOD: 06/01/09 -- Dulles Airport
              FLETC: 07/01/09 -- Class 957
              Graduation: 10/14/09

Comment

• Originally posted by AmahastPL View Post
                I’ve made a new friend today at TSU. Turns out they are very laid back and nice people. If I was to call them 9 am sharp this morning I would have been offered Norfolk, VA. Instead I’m #1 on the list for Dulles. Apparently they have 12 spots open and approved; all they are waiting for is for the Headquarters to release the funds. Who else is waiting for VA here? A dozen people is very soon to be very happy!
                Congrats man! It's nice to see a Dulles tester getting called. I tested 12-11-08 & have moved through the process quickly, just waiting to meet with the B.I. Hopefully i'll get an interim & head to fletc.
                Written: 12-11-08
                Medical: 3-28-09 Pending
                B.I.: 5-21-09 pending

Comment

• I'm really worried about the VBT. I'm terrible when it comes to interviews.
                  Written: 04/28/09

Comment

• Why don't you set up a camera and record yourself? Get some questions off the net and have someone read them off to you. Watch the tape, learn from your mistakes and progress.

Comment

• I'm going crazy here at my home, this waiting is killing me, i've been waiting three years for this chance, and the results of the VBT still pendig ? Any advice, thankx guys for making this process a little easy.

Geo - AZ
                      Pre-Employment Forms - Completed
                      Qualifications - Completed Gs - 7
                      Medical Exam - Completed
                      Structured Interview - pending
                      Drug Screening - Completed
                      Background Investigation - Completed
                      Fitness - Completed

Comment

• you can either wait or call them.

3. How will I be notified of the VBT?

Approximately 6 weeks after you have been tentatively selected, you will receive a letter informing you of the date, time and location of your VBT. You will be scheduled for the VBT at the location you chose when you registered for the written test. If you have moved or otherwise need to request a new interview location, you will need to contact the Oral Board unit at 612-467-7038.
                        These hands need your guidance!

Comment

• Originally posted by Reapplied View Post
                          you can either wait or call them.

3. How will I be notified of the VBT?

Approximately 6 weeks after you have been tentatively selected, you will receive a letter informing you of the date, time and location of your VBT. You will be scheduled for the VBT at the location you chose when you registered for the written test. If you have moved or otherwise need to request a new interview location, you will need to contact the Oral Board unit at 612-467-7038.
                          i know that i can wait or call them , been there done that, i've been waiting for this for 3 years, so imagine if i know it. I'm just getting out of my system.

Comment

• Originally posted by junito9210 View Post
                            i know that i can wait or call them , been there done that, i've been waiting for this for 3 years, so imagine if i know it. I'm just getting out of my system.
                            How did it take u 3 years, if i may ask?

Comment

• Originally posted by Reapplied View Post
                              How did it take u 3 years, if i may ask?
                              Yep ! took the test on may 2006, and now they gave me a TO ! Not to mention that i've been reffered to TSU on feb. 26/09 for BPA. So imagine if this sucks !

Comment

• Originally posted by junito9210 View Post
                                Yep ! took the test on may 2006, and now they gave me a TO ! Not to mention that i've been reffered to TSU on feb. 26/09 for BPA. So imagine if this sucks !
                                I understand your frustration but, what is meant for you will be for you. before you know it all of this will come to an end..good luck

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9610 users online. 362 members and 9248 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X