300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats!

I really need mine to take ~4 months too.

Comment

• Originally posted by davidB. View Post
      Do you get any clue when you're background has been sent off to the higher ups? My BI hoped to send it in at the end of last week so sometime soon someone more important than him should be making a decision right?

I've cleared backgrounds for Ca. Dept. of Corr. a while back, and nothing has changed since except a year a half of the same ol same ol.

And I was under the impression my BI doesn't exactly make the final decision, just submits his paperwork.

Only thing I can keep doing is checking CASS right?
      The background investigation is mostly based on the luck of the draw. Some people like me have it completed in 2-3 months and others on the forum wait over a year. Some depends on how complicated your past is and if it entails one or multiple areas. And it also depends on what adjudicator you get to review everything. Some are quick and others seem to be slow and careless. Just hope your file is not "lost" in a pile of folders or behind a desk. Other than hoping and praying all you can do is wait. After 8 months you should call to make sure it is not lost, but before 8 months it's just a waiting game.

You are correct about your background investigator who did the interview. All they do is collect and report the facts they found, and submit it for adjudication. The investigator has no say over if you pass or fail.
      Last edited by TPA3312; 04-17-2009, 01:31 AM.
      Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

• Congrats AmahastPL!!

I'm glad someone from this board got the call. This shows that they are still calling. What's up with LAX/LB ??? Been waiting for almost 45 days now......
        CBPO
        Written: 08/18/08
        NOR:8/22/08 LAX/LB 90
        TO: 09/23/08
        Pre-employment Forms: Completed 10/08
        Medical: Completed 12/08
        Drug Test: Completed 11/08
        Fitness: Completed 10/08 (retest 10/05/09)
        VBT: Completed 11/08
        BI: Completed (met with BI 12/10/08)
        Qualifications: Completed 2/26/09

3/2/2009 You have tentatively met the pre-employment requirements and your file is being reviewed.
        3/4/2009 Referred to Schedule EOD

Comment

• I don't mean to fan any flames that were sparked a few threads back, but there was the question of whether or not to divulge past indiscretions to a BI if there was a chance the BI wouldn't find it. I found an interesting website.

www.securityclearances.org

They are a law firm that specializes in helping people appeal negative decisions from adjudicators. This quote is from their homepage:

"WHAT IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING TO KNOW ABOUT SECURITY CLEARANCES

The absolute most important thing to know about security clearance cases is that “integrity” is everything. No matter how big or small the “behavior” at issue may be – the government must believe that you can be trusted to tell the truth, most significantly when to be honest could adversely impact you, your job and your position. Almost any behavior can be mitigated. Integrity once lost, however, is extremely difficult to recover."

"...integrity is everything." If I had to chose between someone who freely admits they made a mistake and one who swept it under the rug because they felt it wouldn't be found, I would say the one who demonstrated honesty would have integrity. But maybe I don't understand the definition of integrity.

Comment

• Man I took the CBP exam with a buddy back in February scored an 87%, he scored an 84%. He applied for California station, I applied for Washington. He already got a background packet and scheduled for a VBT. I'm STILL WAITING

Comment

• Originally posted by BS_CJ View Post
              Man I took the CBP exam with a buddy back in February scored an 87%, he scored an 84%. He applied for California station, I applied for Washington. He already got a background packet and scheduled for a VBT. I'm STILL WAITING
              Patience...I know it's a lot to ask for and i'm trying to listen to my own words but it all depends on the demand of the port they applied for and your application is only good for 1 year your test score is good for 3 but you have to reapply or extend your aplication before your one year is up
              These hands need your guidance!

Comment

• "The Call"

So I got the call yesterday morning at 7:30am PST. Ill be in San Ysidro, CA starting May 11th. Im putting in my 2 weeks at work Monday (God thats going to be such a good feeling!). Im still praying for the rest of ya'll to get cleared. Good Luck!

Comment

• Originally posted by SD to GA View Post
                  So I got the call yesterday morning at 7:30am PST. Ill be in San Ysidro, CA starting May 11th. Im putting in my 2 weeks at work Monday (God thats going to be such a good feeling!). Im still praying for the rest of ya'll to get cleared. Good Luck!
                  Congrats on getting the call and thanx for your prayers. I've been in TSU since 3/26.... not as long as some people but I am still praying to get the call very soon.

Comment

congrats...best of luck at FLETC
                    These hands need your guidance!

Comment

Congrats on getting called. I was hoping to get called since today is day 60 in TSU. But I am not holding my breath.

Comment

• Ok I just applied 20 days ago and I see you guys posting things like "TSU, TO, NOR, EOD, and ASAP ( sorry I couln't resists about the last one). But honestly, can somebody bake it down for me I know I need to do my homework on those abreviations but I just couln't find it anywhere.
                        Last edited by pepecito16; 04-17-2009, 10:51 AM. Reason: spelling error

Comment

• Originally posted by pepecito16 View Post
                          Ok I just applied 20 days ago and I see you guys posting things like "TSU, TO, NOR, EOD, and ASAP ( sorry I couln't resists about the last one). But honestly, can somebody bake it down for me I know I need to do my homework on those abreviations but I just couln't find it anywhere.
                          TSU - Training and scheduling Unit. The line you wait in for an open position once all pre-employment step are completed

TO - Tentitive Offer.
                          NOR - Notice of Results. Test scores
                          EOD - Entrance of Duty.

Comment

Ok I just applied 20 days ago and I see you guys posting things like "TSU, TO, NOR, EOD, and ASAP ( sorry I couln't resists about the last one). But honestly, can somebody bake it down for me I know I need to do my homework on those abreviations but I just couln't find it anywhere.
                            TSU- The Scheduling Unit: Where you go when all steps in the hiring process are completed and you waiting for the call to be sent to a port.

TO- Tentative Offer- After you've taken you test and past your test you receive a TO. The better you're score sooner you get one.

NOR- Notice of results: Your test score...the letter usually contains your application id and port you selected when applying.

EOD- Entrance on Duty: Your first day on the job. You spend about 3 weeks at the port before being shipped to FLETC.

ASAP- Assistant Superintendent At Port: Go figure
                            Last edited by blessed; 04-17-2009, 11:16 AM.

Comment

• Thanx for the info. TPA3312 and Blessed... By the way I was just reading the first pages of this forum and saw members talking about CBP being consider a LE agency (which to me it is). The question is, Is CBP a LE agency or not?????
                              Last edited by pepecito16; 04-17-2009, 11:18 AM. Reason: add one more statement ;p

Comment

Thanx for the info. TPA3312 and Blessed... By the way I was just reading the first pages of this forum and saw members talking about CBP being consider a LE agency (which to me it is). The question is, Is CBP a LE agency or not?????
                                From what I understand a Custom and Border Protection Officer is a sworn-in federal law enforcement officer. They have arrest powers and the duty to enforce federal laws.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11935 users online. 455 members and 11480 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X