X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Reapplied View Post
    yes but your application is good for 1 year
    your application and test score are different
    test score good for 3 years unless u want to retest to get higher but if you get lower they use that lower score
    and your application is when you applied for that announcement and that's good for 1 year you have to reapply b4 your 1 year is up
    Do you mean reapply thru USAjobs or when they sent me the Fedx package?

Comment

• OKAY...

I just met my BI yesterday.. Today, CASS updated my Background Investigation status to "completed". Is this an interim clearance or am I fully cleared without any more hitches? My friend called me and said she also met my BI today.
      CBP Officer:
      TO: 01/2009 (LAX/LGB)
      EOD: 05/23/2011

Comment

• Originally posted by CIB_CAMP View Post
        Do you mean reapply thru USAjobs or when they sent me the Fedx package?
        well if they sent you a fed ex package you don't have anything to worry about cause you would start the process, once the send you that fed ex package you have been pulled from the waiting pool so u won't be in the inventory anymore. you would have to reapply/extend your application thru usajobs or send MHC an email but you can only do that until you 3 years is up if your planning to use your old score
        These hands need your guidance!

Comment

• Originally posted by dogz777 View Post
          OKAY...

I just met my BI yesterday.. Today, CASS updated my Background Investigation status to "completed". Is this an interim clearance or am I fully cleared without any more hitches? My friend called me and said she also met my BI today.

Interim...nothing else than that your BI haven't even turned in his report yet

Comment

well if they sent you a fed ex package you don't have anything to worry about cause you would start the process, once the send you that fed ex package you have been pulled from the waiting pool so u won't be in the inventory anymore. you would have to reapply/extend your application thru usajobs or send MHC an email but you can only do that until you 3 years is up if your planning to use your old score
            Guy, thanks for your help. This is great information. One thing I am not clear with, is there need to be an announcement open to reapply or by cotacting MHC is good enough?

Sorry for bothering, I having been going thru a lot these last few months.

Comment

Guy, thanks for your help. This is great information. One thing I am not clear with, is there need to be an announcement open to reapply or by cotacting MHC is good enough?

Sorry for bothering, I having been going thru a lot these last few months.
              I'm actually a female but it's ok I think I understand cause I have been going through the same, your not bothering me what I would do is call MHS first and ask them how they go about doing it, they may need you to just reapply or not just check back and make sure it was taken care of. I actually reapplied so I'm waiting for the announcement to close to get back in the inventory. but in order to reapply yes there have to be an announcement, but if you want to change geo location then you can do that at any time.
              Last edited by Reapplied; 04-16-2009, 10:08 PM.

Comment

I'm actually a female but it's ok I think I understand cause I have been going through the same, your not bothering me what I would do is call MHS first and ask them how they go about doing it, they may need you to just reapply or not just check back and make sure it was taken care of. I actually reapplied so I'm waiting for the announcement to close to get back in the inventory.
                I am sorry lady, why did you reapplied? Did you also failed the vbt? or is it for other reasons.

Comment

I am sorry lady, why did you reapplied? Did you also failed the vbt? or is it for other reasons.
                  lol no i didn't fail anything, I made it all the way to FLETC and had to withdraw 2 weeks being there for personal reasons back home and now i'm trying to get back in there.

Comment

• Would they do the BI without someone passing the VBT? I think I failed the VBT but my investigation is in full swing. Thanks.
                    TO: 1/29/09
                    Fitness: 4/1/09 passed
                    Medical: 4/1/09 passed
                    VBT: 3/20/09 eligible
                    Drug Test: 4/1/09 passed
                    Met with BI: 4/7/09
                    Quals: GS-7
                    BI: Done
                    TSU: 7/2/09

Comment

• CIB_CAMP

Don't worry, just wait till your 1 year is up and then contact MHC and ask them what do you need to do. I thought that you had to wait six months in order to take your VBT again. But I think that's only for BPA.
                      CBPO
                      Test:--------------3/12/07 (89%)
                      TO:--------------- 1/29/09
                      Medical/Fitness:--- 3/2/09 (Passed, CASS updated 3/10/09)
                      Drug Test:--------- Not Required (to my surprise on CASS 3/10/09).
                      VBT:-------------- 3/11/09 (Passed, CASS updated 4/2/09)
                      Pre-Empt Forms:--- Pending....
                      BI:---------------- Pending....
                      Quals:------------- Pending....

Comment

• Originally posted by Schem86 View Post
                        Would they do the BI without someone passing the VBT? I think I failed the VBT but my investigation is in full swing. Thanks.
                        they are so unpredictable that you can go to FLETC without even meeting your BI but, yes they can start your BI with you not passing your VBT but there is a number you can call to check the status of your VBT.

Comment

Would they do the BI without someone passing the VBT? I think I failed the VBT but my investigation is in full swing. Thanks.
                          Why do you say that? Think positive!
                          CBPO
                          Test:--------------3/12/07 (89%)
                          TO:--------------- 1/29/09
                          Medical/Fitness:--- 3/2/09 (Passed, CASS updated 3/10/09)
                          Drug Test:--------- Not Required (to my surprise on CASS 3/10/09).
                          VBT:-------------- 3/11/09 (Passed, CASS updated 4/2/09)
                          Pre-Empt Forms:--- Pending....
                          BI:---------------- Pending....
                          Quals:------------- Pending....

Comment

• Video Based Test (VBT):

1. What is the VBT?

The VBT is a Video Based Test consisting of several different scenarios. You will view taped scenarios and respond to the video. You will be taped while responding to the different scenarios. The VBT will be administered to all individuals who pass the written test and are conditionally selected. The examination takes about one-half hour and is evaluated by a team of CBP management officials. The tape will later be reviewed and evaluated. The test is rated on a pass/fail basis. Therefore, you will need to receive a “pass” rating to continue through the process. Approximately 6 weeks after you have been tentatively selected, you will receive a letter informing you of the date, time and location for your VBT. Successful VBT results are valid for three years. If you successfully completed the VBT within the past 3 years, you will not be scheduled for another VBT.

2. Do I need a VBT?

Anyone who has not had a VBT for the CBP Officer position will be scheduled for the VBT. If you had a VBT within the last 3 years, and passed, you will not be scheduled for another VBT. You should include a copy of your eligible “Notice of Results” (for your VBT) when you are asked to submit an application.

3. How will I be notified of the VBT?

Approximately 6 weeks after you have been tentatively selected, you will receive a letter informing you of the date, time and location of your VBT. You will be scheduled for the VBT at the location you chose when you registered for the written test. If you have moved or otherwise need to request a new interview location, you will need to contact the Oral Board unit at 612-467-7038.

4. What do I need to bring to the Interview?

You will need to bring a government-issued picture ID, i.e., Drivers License, Passport, etc. You will not be given a VBT without a valid picture ID.

5. How should I dress for the VBT?

Although we cannot tell you what to wear to the VBT, we can tell you that your VBT will be taped and later reviewed by a panel of trained interviewers. Use your best judgment.

6. What if I cannot attend the VBT on the date scheduled for me?

You may call the Oral Board Unit at 612-467-7038 to request a reschedule. Reschedules will only be given under extenuating circumstances. You will be notified of the scheduled VBT at least 2 weeks in advance to enable you to make arrangements to attend.

7. How will I know if I passed or failed the VBT?

The VBT results are sent to the Oral Board Unit at the Minneapolis Hiring Center. The Oral Board Unit will send you a "Notice of Results". This "Notice of Results" will indicate either an eligible (pass) or ineligible (fail). You should receive your Notice of Results within 4-6 weeks from the date of the interview.

8. How long are the VBT results good for?

The VBT results are good for 3 years if the applicant was rated eligible. If an applicant received a rating of ineligible, you cannot be considered for a CBP Officer for one year from the date of the VBT.

If you have additional questions in regards to the VBT process, contact us at our e-mail address of [email protected]. You may call during normal business hours at (612) 467-7038. Because of the volume of inquiries received, you may have to leave a message and wait for a return call, so we strongly encourage you to contact us by email.

Comment

Knowing how slow information tends to flow in, it may not have registered yet in the system that you are facing a one year wait.

Comment

• Originally posted by Walla183 View Post
                                Knowing how slow information tends to flow in, it may not have registered yet in the system that you are facing a one year wait.
                                Walla183 what was ur score when u reapplied?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7193 users online. 368 members and 6825 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X