300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bigdogoreo View Post
    I am a little confused as it seems by not disclosing the incident, he would be flushing his integrity down the toliet even more. He will be asked why he left his position, should he lie about that too?? It is best for you to disclose the information. If you don't it would severly damage your integrity, honesty, and probably prevent you from obtaining a position involving national security.

you may be confused if you want to but your telling me you never fibed on anything? yeah right this is reality all I said is see what's in the file first if there isn't anything damaging in there why damage his chance to change and have a career? would you like it if you were in that position and a job was taken away from you because of a mistake you made that wasn't in your file but your big mouth disclosed it? telling the truth is a must is most situation but if there is nothing there why should you put your career on the line? when you come to reality let me know!
    These hands need your guidance!

Comment

• Merlin, I was offered a TO back in October 08 went to pre-academy and to FLETC for a short time and had to withdraw for personal reasons. I reapplied under the recent announcement on the 6th using my old test score...all my quals are still good they expire November of this year. Do I have to wait until the announcement closes on the 26th of this month in order to be back in the inventory? and since I'm cleared on everything I know that will transfer over but will they consider me faster since I'm cleard on everything?

Comment

• Originally posted by JDNoble81 View Post
        Thats crazy. I feel fortunate now that I tested at the last possible time before the cut off of TOs.

JD

Check your pms!
        ATF 1811 SA
        Applied - 10/13/09

CBPO (GEO - Philadelphia)
        Written Test - 5/11/09
        NOR (87) - 6/10/09

ICE IEA (GEO - Philadelphia)
        Written Test - 6/1/09
        NOR (88.9) - 6/22/09

ICE 1811 SA
        Written Test - 7/28/09
        Written - Passed - 8/10/09
        NOR (80.5 ugggh)

Comment

• Originally posted by Reapplied View Post
          you may be confused if you want to but your telling me you never fibed on anything? yeah right this is reality all I said is see what's in the file first if there isn't anything damaging in there why damage his chance to change and have a career? would you like it if you were in that position and a job was taken away from you because of a mistake you made that wasn't in your file but your big mouth disclosed it? telling the truth is a must is most situation but if there is nothing there why should you put your career on the line? when you come to reality let me know!
          I do live in reality, which is why I think he should disclose it. He was fired, according to his post, and no longer works there, how will he know what his file says? Should he not get a second chance, I never felt that or feel that he should not get considered for the job. Chances are that most people have made a mistake, or two. Maybe they were caught, maybe they weren't. And yes, there maybe people who haven't done anything wrong. However when asked about breaking the law, most of the questions are talking about what you've done in the past ten years or since the age of eighteen. When approached with that, I have not done anything. This person asked should they or should they not disclose this. He will be out of luck if he doesn't and they grab his employment record and see he was fired for theft. If he discloses it and tells them about it, he has a fighting chance. Better to go down swinging instead of watching the ball go by for strike three.
          Written:11/07---89--GS-7
          Extended Written: 07/08
          T.O.: 04/09--Hoping for Chicago
          Paperwork: Sent back 08/09
          Med:waiting
          VBT:waiting
          BI:waiting

Comment

I do live in reality, which is why I think he should disclose it. He was fired, according to his post, and no longer works there, how will he know what his file says? Should he not get a second chance, I never felt that or feel that he should not get considered for the job. Chances are that most people have made a mistake, or two. Maybe they were caught, maybe they weren't. And yes, there maybe people who haven't done anything wrong. However when asked about breaking the law, most of the questions are talking about what you've done in the past ten years or since the age of eighteen. When approached with that, I have not done anything. This person asked should they or should they not disclose this. He will be out of luck if he doesn't and they grab his employment record and see he was fired for theft. If he discloses it and tells them about it, he has a fighting chance. Better to go down swinging instead of watching the ball go by for strike three.

I don't know where baseball comes into all this..but whatever, actually he can see whats in his file you call hr and they will send it by mail or fax I've been there already ok..so you don't have to explain yourself mr. perfect.

Comment

• For those who have recently graduated from FLETC.......

I see there are three pre-entry tests you must pass (weight lift, step test, kneel test?)

What type of PT is conducted at the training facility?

My police academy training consists of 300m runs, 1.5 mile runs, BP, and sit-ups....

I'm unable to find any additional information on the CBP site

All help would be appreciated

Thanks!
              ATF 1811 SA
              Applied - 10/13/09

CBPO (GEO - Philadelphia)
              Written Test - 5/11/09
              NOR (87) - 6/10/09

ICE IEA (GEO - Philadelphia)
              Written Test - 6/1/09
              NOR (88.9) - 6/22/09

ICE 1811 SA
              Written Test - 7/28/09
              Written - Passed - 8/10/09
              NOR (80.5 ugggh)

Comment

I don't know where baseball comes into all this..but whatever, actually he can see whats in his file you call hr and they will send it by mail or fax I've been there already ok..so you don't have to explain yourself mr. perfect.
                Baseball, a game consisting two teams playing nine players each on a diamond shaped field. It's pretty popular here, as in other parts of the nation. I am sure gamestop has a video game version of it.

I am not looking for ******* contest here. I was just trying to make the point that he might be out of it if he does disclose it, but if he doesn't and they find out, he will be done. The BI will talk to a lot of people and maybe somebody will say oh yea he got fired for stealing, whether or not it is in his file, it will be addressed due to that one source. That's all I am trying to say. Not looking to make anyone angry or use a lot of periods.

Comment

• Originally posted by MontgCounty33 View Post
                  For those who have recently graduated from FLETC.......

I see there are three pre-entry tests you must pass (weight lift, step test, kneel test?)

My police academy training consists of 300m runs, 1.5 mile runs, BP, and sit-ups....

Thanks!

I am not a graduate, but I do have my TO packet as I just completed filling it out. According to that, you can expect to do the following while attending the Customs and Borders Protection Field Operations Academy.

1. Complete a 1.5 mile run in 15 minutes or less.

2. Participate in training activities including: warm ups, calisthenics, flexibilty training, partner assisted stretching techniques, cardiovascular conditioning, running on roads and trails, spinning classes, resistance training(using both free weights and machines) and hitting and striking activities.

3. Testing components include:
                  Weight and Body Composition
                  Sit and Reach
                  Bench Press
                  Shuttle Run
                  1.5 Mile Run

Take that with a grain of salt though, I thought things were going to change for the PFR's begining in October of 2009, but I could be mistaken.

Comment

Baseball, a game consisting two teams playing nine players each on a diamond shaped field. It's pretty popular here, as in other parts of the nation. I am sure gamestop has a video game version of it.

I am not looking for ******* contest here. I was just trying to make the point that he might be out of it if he does disclose it, but if he doesn't and they find out, he will be done. The BI will talk to a lot of people and maybe somebody will say oh yea he got fired for stealing, whether or not it is in his file, it will be addressed due to that one source. That's all I am trying to say. Not looking to make anyone angry or use a lot of periods.

Did I ever say I don't know what baseball was? Hummm I do know what the word dumbA** means lol and let me tell you something I can use as much periods as I want just look.............................................. ..............lol anyway I'm not going to argue about someone's problem I have my own!

Comment

• the 15 minute run and all that other junk is not until october 1, 2009.

Comment

Did I ever say I don't know what baseball was? Hummm I do know what the word dumbA** means lol and let me tell you something I can use as much periods as I want just look.............................................. ..............lol anyway I'm not going to argue about someone's problem I have my own!
                        Excessive periods!! Hey, you were at the academy already, is what I posted from my TO accurate? Or is there a change that was made to the Physcial Fitness Requirements?

Comment

the 15 minute run and all that other junk is not until october 1, 2009.
                          You already answered my question. Thanks.

Comment

pre-entry is situps,push ups,step test and lift and lower..................I like it so whatever.

at the academy its maximum bench press on the machine, sit and reach and 1.5 mile run in 16:30 BEFORE october 1,2009

Comment

Your TO probably says that cause it will take a lil while until u go to TSU and get the call...and you won't be considered til the ending of this year. You still have to do all your paperwork and medical stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by MontgCounty33 View Post
                                For those who have recently graduated from FLETC.......

Thanks!

Expect a lot of running, circuit training, and integrated dt and pt.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11606 users online. 455 members and 11151 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X