Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by nycmike87 View Post
    From what my friends and neighbors have said. He asks if you come home late, are loud, and disrespectful.

    Also if you are patriotic. Some other things like have their been complaints about you from neighbors, do your friends know if you have done anything illegal, are you a crazy drunk who dances on top of tables. If as a group you go out drinking who gets the most rowdy.

    Also be sure to delete any incriminating photos of yourself on facebook, myspace. He asked them if i had one.
    Ha! We must have had the same BI. Mine asked a few people if I get drunk and dance on tables too. At least he had a sense of humor.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
      Well...Class 0950 starts on May 28. Supposedly there is to be 86 classes this FY, that's 25 more classes before the end of Sept.

      25 classes is 1200 people if every class is filled to the 48 trainee limit. On average that's 70 new hires a week, or just under 6 full classes a month until Oct.; if rumor holds true.
      Unheard of

      Comment


      • Originally posted by RobRok View Post
        If one is all you can do then start with one. After that go to the girly positoin for push ups and max out that way. When I can no longer do proper form push ups I rest my legs on my knees and continue.
        Thanks again guys. I'll get there. My husband was nice and surpised me with a few sessions with a trainer at the gym for my birthday. I'm just going to tell her exactly what I need for CBP, and to kick my butt till I get there

        Comment


        • Heres a good one - cant find if its been answered before.. At what point to they begin counting your days on the job for the Pay Scale? i.e. do they begin counting towards the next pay grade from the moment I begin getting paid or does it begin after FLETC?

          Comment


          • Originally posted by CIB_CAMP View Post
            This is a great forum. Everyone here seems to be helpful. Well, let me start by saying that I am really depressed because I failed the interview (vbt). I have been going thru lots of personal problems and that is the reason why I couldn’t think on the day of my vbt.

            I got a letter saying that I will have to wait one year to become eligible for another interview. The letter also states that it's my responsibility to fax them a letter sating that I am interested on retaking the interview.

            Do people here now how long is the test score good for? My score was 82%. Do I need to reapply or by faxing them a letter is just enough? I did reapply to the current announcement and I kept my score. Please people help me on this issue.

            This will also help other applicants in the future. Thanks..
            Sorry to hear that. I was going nuts before I had my VBT after I took it I felt alot better. It's not hard at all, but if you go there with problems in your head you can't think. Hope fully you will pass next time.

            Good luck to you!
            CBPO
            Test:--------------3/12/07 (89%)
            Location:---------- NYC/JFK
            TO:--------------- 1/29/09
            Medical/Fitness:--- 3/2/09 (Passed, CASS updated 3/10/09)
            Drug Test:--------- Not Required (to my surprise on CASS 3/10/09).
            VBT:-------------- 3/11/09 (Passed, CASS updated 4/2/09)
            Pre-Empt Forms:--- Pending....
            BI:---------------- Pending....
            Quals:------------- Pending....

            Comment


            • does anyone know anything about reapplying using your old test score?
              These hands need your guidance!

              Comment


              • Originally posted by imlikeaninja View Post
                Ha! We must have had the same BI. Mine asked a few people if I get drunk and dance on tables too. At least he had a sense of humor.
                Yeah we most likely did since we are both in queeens. How farr into the process are you?

                Comment


                • Anyone know anything about the Philly region? Seems like the majority of you guys are from the central U.S, and out west......

                  I choose PA (Philadelphia) as my Geo - testing May 11th in Philly
                  ATF 1811 SA
                  Applied - 10/13/09

                  CBPO (GEO - Philadelphia)
                  Written Test - 5/11/09
                  NOR (87) - 6/10/09

                  ICE IEA (GEO - Philadelphia)
                  Written Test - 6/1/09
                  NOR (88.9) - 6/22/09

                  ICE 1811 SA
                  Written Test - 7/28/09
                  Written - Passed - 8/10/09
                  NOR (80.5 ugggh)

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by MontgCounty33 View Post
                    Anyone know anything about the Philly region? Seems like the majority of you guys are from the central U.S, and out west......

                    I choose PA (Philadelphia) as my Geo - testing May 11th in Philly
                    I'm testing in Philly on May 2nd. I have a midwest geo preference, but Philly is the closest place for me to test. I do know this about the Philly port, they DO NOT seem to be needing people like other places. My brother tested last July with Philly as his choice, and with vet points scored a 105. He has not been contacted to complete any other step, which with his score, I am surprised.

                    Comment


                    • For those who have changed their geo pref:

                      I changed mine in March, just got a new TO and App ID for the new location, along with another set of forms. Before the change everything in CASS was complete except Background. Now it shows forms, quals and bi pending. I emailed MHC and they said I do need to fill out all of the forms again. Can anyone confirm this? Seems like a total waste of my time and theirs when I just filled out the forms in Oct 08. Should I call MHC and so if I get a different answer from someone else?

                      Thanks!

                      Little background on me, tested Aug 08, met with BI 12/08 and all other steps done Sept 08-Nov 08.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by winnerwinner View Post
                        For those who have changed their geo pref:

                        I changed mine in March, just got a new TO and App ID for the new location, along with another set of forms. Before the change everything in CASS was complete except Background. Now it shows forms, quals and bi pending. I emailed MHC and they said I do need to fill out all of the forms again. Can anyone confirm this? Seems like a total waste of my time and theirs when I just filled out the forms in Oct 08. Should I call MHC and so if I get a different answer from someone else?

                        Thanks!

                        Little background on me, tested Aug 08, met with BI 12/08 and all other steps done Sept 08-Nov 08.

                        I don't think calling will help there is one girl who answers the phone and she wont give you a different answer she will just get annoyed with you.....just fill it out again..do wha they want.
                        These hands need your guidance!

                        Comment


                        • well my adjucator called today that is a step I am liking being at, well she had a few questions about some taxes that I had owed but paid. I now have to dig up the information and forward it to her, I just have to figure out if it was state or federal. Well I suppose I will be getting to know the file cabinet real well in the next couple of hours lol. So that is just an update as to what is going on.
                          Tested March 08
                          TO June 08
                          Medical COMPLETE 12/08
                          VBT complete 08 passed
                          Qualification GS-5 September 08
                          BI September 08 complete April 09

                          FITNESS REDO AUG 7TH FAILED
                          NOW IT IS TIME TO START ALL OVER AGAIN

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by winnerwinner View Post
                            For those who have changed their geo pref:

                            I changed mine in March, just got a new TO and App ID for the new location, along with another set of forms. Before the change everything in CASS was complete except Background. Now it shows forms, quals and bi pending. I emailed MHC and they said I do need to fill out all of the forms again. Can anyone confirm this? Seems like a total waste of my time and theirs when I just filled out the forms in Oct 08. Should I call MHC and so if I get a different answer from someone else?

                            Thanks!

                            Little background on me, tested Aug 08, met with BI 12/08 and all other steps done Sept 08-Nov 08.
                            Welcome to government employment. They do a lot of silly and sometimes time and paper wasting things. If it was me, I would take an hour and refillout the forms as asked and send them in. It shouldnt take too long since you should have saved a copy of everthing you sent the first time. You can call the hiring center 5 different times and get 5 different answers. It's not worth the headache and possible stalling of your application.
                            Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by girly View Post
                              well my adjucator called today that is a step I am liking being at, well she had a few questions about some taxes that I had owed but paid. I now have to dig up the information and forward it to her, I just have to figure out if it was state or federal. Well I suppose I will be getting to know the file cabinet real well in the next couple of hours lol. So that is just an update as to what is going on.
                              Good luck girly. We have the same timeline.
                              ICE IEA Philadelphia FO (Dingmans Ferry, PA)
                              Written: 5/15/08
                              NOR: 5/20/08
                              TO: 10/28/08
                              Medical/Drug Test: Cleared from CBP
                              Fitness: 2/02/09
                              BI: 3/15/09
                              OB: 4/24
                              EOD: 7/27
                              FLETC: 7/29 (Class 928)


                              CBPO Pennsylvania
                              Written: 3/15/08
                              NOR: 4/2/08
                              TO: 5/22/08
                              Pre-Emp Forms: 6/2/08
                              Fitness/Medical: 6/18/08
                              VBT: 6/30/08
                              Drug Test: 7/10/08
                              Quals: (GS-7) 7/23/08
                              Met w/ BI: 9/24/08
                              BI submitted: 10/10/08
                              TSU: 4/2/09
                              Removed from TSU (med/fit): 6/4
                              EOD:

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by K9346 View Post
                                I'm testing in Philly on May 2nd. I have a midwest geo preference, but Philly is the closest place for me to test. I do know this about the Philly port, they DO NOT seem to be needing people like other places. My brother tested last July with Philly as his choice, and with vet points scored a 105. He has not been contacted to complete any other step, which with his score, I am surprised.
                                Weird.

                                I tested March of 2008 for Philly and scored a 90. Now in TSU as of 4/2/09.

                                My CBPO buddy at PHL says he sees new bodies there every two weeks or so.
                                ICE IEA Philadelphia FO (Dingmans Ferry, PA)
                                Written: 5/15/08
                                NOR: 5/20/08
                                TO: 10/28/08
                                Medical/Drug Test: Cleared from CBP
                                Fitness: 2/02/09
                                BI: 3/15/09
                                OB: 4/24
                                EOD: 7/27
                                FLETC: 7/29 (Class 928)


                                CBPO Pennsylvania
                                Written: 3/15/08
                                NOR: 4/2/08
                                TO: 5/22/08
                                Pre-Emp Forms: 6/2/08
                                Fitness/Medical: 6/18/08
                                VBT: 6/30/08
                                Drug Test: 7/10/08
                                Quals: (GS-7) 7/23/08
                                Met w/ BI: 9/24/08
                                BI submitted: 10/10/08
                                TSU: 4/2/09
                                Removed from TSU (med/fit): 6/4
                                EOD:

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 6931 users online. 281 members and 6650 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X