Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JRizEJ6 View Post
    i have a few questions for you guys...

1. i looked at the GS pay scale and noticed each grade contains 10 steps. how exactly do you move up in step or does cbp even go by steps? im assuming after every grade you start at step 1?

2. are you allowed to bring a laptop to FLETC? what ARE you allowed to bring to FLETC?

3. im near the end of my pre employment process. i took my drug test last week so all im waiting for is that and my background. ill be out of town for a few weeks and my BI has not yet contacted me. if he/she contacts me while im out of state, what options do i have? will my BI be able to meet me once i get back or should i just hop on the next flight back home? for those who have already met with their BI, did he/she give you a number to contact him/her with?

4. do you start getting paid once you EOD? do you get paid while at FLETC?
    Yes, you can have a laptop at FLETC. You can't bring it into the classrooms however. You'll start getting paid once you EOD and continue to get paid at FLETC.

Comment

• Originally posted by JRizEJ6 View Post
      i have a few questions for you guys...

1. i looked at the GS pay scale and noticed each grade contains 10 steps. how exactly do you move up in step or does cbp even go by steps? im assuming after every grade you start at step 1?

2. are you allowed to bring a laptop to FLETC? what ARE you allowed to bring to FLETC?

3. im near the end of my pre employment process. i took my drug test last week so all im waiting for is that and my background. ill be out of town for a few weeks and my BI has not yet contacted me. if he/she contacts me while im out of state, what options do i have? will my BI be able to meet me once i get back or should i just hop on the next flight back home? for those who have already met with their BI, did he/she give you a number to contact him/her with?

4. do you start getting paid once you EOD? do you get paid while at FLETC?

1. I will try to get some information on how they move up but as far as i know if ur a 5 in a year you move up to 7 then 9 a year later, they do have steps but will get back to you on that.

2. your allowed to bring your laptop...it probably wont work unless yo have a wireless card or go to the G-bar for wireless...I was in the Taj and I didnt get any signal...so it was a waste for me.

3.I would suggest being there for your BI cause they have a deadline when to turn in their report as well as to sit down with you for about 3 hours and ask you questions as well go by your neighbors...they do give you their card to call them but before they visit you they will call and setup a good date to meet with you.

4. you will get paid for being at pre-academy on your EOD and FLETC
      Last edited by Reapplied; 04-15-2009, 08:53 PM.
      These hands need your guidance!

Comment

• It goes gs5 step 1, gs7 step1, gs9 step 1, gs11 step 1, then step 2 and so on. You're applying for a journeyman 11 position.

Comment

• Tsu

So another question regarding choosing a port... So if they only offer me Tecate (im hoping for Otay or San Isidro in San Diego), which is too far for me. What happens if I say no, will they put me in line for the port I want?

Comment

• Doesn't seem like a lot of the posters here are choosing West Texas (or maybe it's just because I have only been reading the thread here for a couple of months). Is this due to the language requirements, to the escalating violence, or perhaps is it just a location issue?

Thanks.

Comment

• frustrated...

Can anyone help with learning push ups? I'm getting so frustrated and discouraged with this. Are there any weight exercises that I can do to build those specific muscles?

To be honest, right now I can't even do one that's proper form. Let alone 20 in a minute, or whatever the new physical test is going to be. Where do I start?

Thanks everyone

Comment

• Originally posted by dremot View Post
                Guys, I just got a call from DHS advising that I missed the age requirement by 2 months....as I got the offer letter in 03/09 and my 37th bday was 01/09. I have just completed all pre-employment steps and was simply waiting on all results. I have no prior LEO time. Does anyone know if I can request a waiver in writing to someone at DHS? I did the initial written exam in 02/08 before this new law was effected in 07/08 about the under 37 age requirement. This is very dissappointing!
                If you received your T.O. before your 37th birthday, you should be good and MHC is mistaken. I am in the same boat and they said I am good, age wise.

Comment

• Originally posted by jbyrjax View Post
                  Can anyone help with learning push ups? I'm getting so frustrated and discouraged with this. Are there any weight exercises that I can do to build those specific muscles?

To be honest, right now I can't even do one that's proper form. Let alone 20 in a minute, or whatever the new physical test is going to be. Where do I start?

Thanks everyone
                  What the flip dude, are you serious? I don't even want to tell you what I think when I read this!
                  Last edited by FreeAgent; 04-15-2009, 10:33 PM.

Comment

• I'm new to this forum, and my geo location is Texas, all other southwestern borders. I've been reading the thread for quite some time and have not seen anybody else applying for this location. Anyone out there applying for this location?

Comment

• Jbrjax
                      I would Recommend youtubing how to do a proper pushup.

Comment

• Originally posted by FreeAgent View Post
                        What the flip dude, are you serious? I don't even want to tell you what I think when I read this!
                        Yes, I'm serious... and yes, I'm sure I know what you're thinking. "Don't bother applying" I would think it's better to ask for help and learn the proper way than to struggle through it and get nowhere.

Thanks, NYC. Will do.

Comment

• No Problem, You tube has all sorts of people showing how to do things right. Ive seen the right way to do several workouts, and also what workout some people were talking about like an agility test called the Illinois run. It comes in handy most of the time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Helo View Post
                            Doesn't seem like a lot of the posters here are choosing West Texas (or maybe it's just because I have only been reading the thread here for a couple of months). Is this due to the language requirements, to the escalating violence, or perhaps is it just a location issue?

Thanks.
                            Originally posted by nan99 View Post
                            I'm new to this forum, and my geo location is Texas, all other southwestern borders. I've been reading the thread for quite some time and have not seen anybody else applying for this location. Anyone out there applying for this location?
                            Ha, what do you know. I asked a very similar question just 4 posts above you and bingo, someone is applying for that area. Anyone else? Also, can you answer my previous questions. Gracias.

Comment

• What was your previous questions? Was it about learning Spanish?

Comment

• In such an active thread I just wanted to make sure that it didn't get passed up. Thanks.

Originally posted by Helo View Post
                                Doesn't seem like a lot of the posters here are choosing West Texas (or maybe it's just because I have only been reading the thread here for a couple of months). Is this due to the language requirements, to the escalating violence, or perhaps is it just a location issue?

Thanks.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10877 users online. 366 members and 10511 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X