300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
    Mandatory? First I've heard that. Sounds odd to me, but with CBP "odd" is usually the norm.

Like you said, it's always be an option...and lately it's an option CBP has been excercising much more often.
    Ah, I received false information from one of the members here on the board. Thanks for the corrections...

Comment

• For all you in TSU or in the process make sure you are getting plenty of strenuous exercise to prep for when you get here. You'll be doing PT at least 4 days a week. Expect to be running 1.5 miles or more at least once a week.

Comment

• Originally posted by trappb View Post
        I would like to do a TSU count for all those waiting for the CALL.

I have been in TSU for 56 days for Miami. (Who else is waiting for Miami?)
        Some people have been in TSU 174 days so 56 seems like nothing to them what you got to understand is if your GEO is a demanding location to fill or they have limited funding or there is a lot of people ahead of you to be called, maybe your score is the same as 15-30 other people they might go by your application date to put those applicants in order for the call so its easier said than done but try to have some patience but i'm waiting just like you but i'm not in TSU yet.
        Last edited by Reapplied; 04-15-2009, 06:48 PM.
        These hands need your guidance!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bizzy930 View Post
          Ah, I received false information from one of the members here on the board. Thanks for the corrections...
          Hey Bizzy930 when you did your pre-academy, what kind of work shifts did you hear that new officers get? I have heard all kinds of different answers, but nothing that really answered the question. Also how many people are at Fletc right now for S.F/Oak? Thanks again and good luck with Fletc..

Comment

• Originally posted by casey3 View Post
            Hey Bizzy930 when you did your pre-academy, what kind of work shifts did you hear that new officers get? I have heard all kinds of different answers, but nothing that really answered the question. Also how many people are at Fletc right now for S.F/Oak? Thanks again and good luck with Fletc..
            To the best of my knowledge, after returning from FLETC, you will do post academy training for a few months, 730-1600 m-f. After that, I have no idea. Most officers works daytime morning shifts. There are only two from SFO in my class currently but I heard that there are a handful of new recruits arriving at SFO for EOD every week.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
              Only Miami.

From the announcement:
              Miami may mean the Field Office, in which case the following ports would be covered:

Name : Key West

Name : Miami Seaport

Name : Miami Service Port/Miami International Airport

Name : Port Everglades/Fort Lauderdale

Name : West Palm Beach
              I guess that means just be prepared.

Comment

• Originally posted by Reapplied View Post
                Some people have been in TSU 174 days so 56 seems like nothing to them what you got to understand is if your GEO is a demanding location to fill or they have limited funding or there is a lot of people ahead of you to be called, maybe your score is the same as 15-30 other people they might go by your application date to put those applicants in order for the call so its easier said than done but try to have some patience but i'm waiting just like you but i'm not in TSU yet.
                Can you throw the words "run on sentence" in that novel you just wrote?

Comment

• OK, so im a little worried about a few things.

1. I was fired from Gamestop on March 9, 2007 for stealing. They didnt press charges, and there isnt court records and i was not arrested nor did they contact police. They simply asked me to pay back what i took and that i would be terminated. It was a stupid mistake i made and i regret it completely. My question is, when the BI looks at this (im going to mention it to them, im not trying to hide it) will it disqualify me from the hiring process?
                  2. I was also terminated from my previous employer for unsatisfactory performance. How bad will this look on my record?

Comment

• Originally posted by illmatic3894 View Post
                    OK, so im a little worried about a few things.

1. I was fired from Gamestop on March 9, 2007 for stealing. They didnt press charges, and there isnt court records and i was not arrested nor did they contact police. They simply asked me to pay back what i took and that i would be terminated. It was a stupid mistake i made and i regret it completely. My question is, when the BI looks at this (im going to mention it to them, im not trying to hide it) will it disqualify me from the hiring process?
                    2. I was also terminated from my previous employer for unsatisfactory performance. How bad will this look on my record?
                    It won't look good. You'll be responsible for a lot more tempting items than video games on the job.

Comment

• Illmatic, I would be to ashamed to even apply for a job that would involve a BI like this one. Sorry.

Comment

• Originally posted by RobRok View Post
                        Can you throw the words "run on sentence" in that novel you just wrote?
                        look you can call it whatever you want, I'm just here to help folks and to be helped as well with things that may seem unclear.....so if it's run on then so be it atleast I informed that person.

Comment

• Originally posted by audi0xpl0de View Post
                          It won't look good. You'll be responsible for a lot more tempting items than video games on the job.
                          Your situation doesn't look good because your ex employers have the reason down in your file why you were terminated. And with CBP you are dealing with gold, diamonds, money,drugs & personal belongings etc so I believe, even if you mention this to your BI there is no chance possible they don't tolerate theft.

Comment

I agree with everyone else. From what you said your BI does not look good. At this point you can wait a while and find steady employment for several years to show you have matured. Or go ahead and try now running the risk of being disqualified and/or being suggested to withdraw before being disqualified.

Here's a good website with adjudication (BI) decisions. They are not CBP, but will give you a good idea of what will and will not fly.
                            http://www.dod.mil/dodgc/doha/industrial
                            Last edited by TPA3312; 04-15-2009, 08:32 PM.
                            Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

• i have a few questions for you guys...

1. i looked at the GS pay scale and noticed each grade contains 10 steps. how exactly do you move up in step or does cbp even go by steps? im assuming after every grade you start at step 1?

2. are you allowed to bring a laptop to FLETC? what ARE you allowed to bring to FLETC?

3. im near the end of my pre employment process. i took my drug test last week so all im waiting for is that and my background. ill be out of town for a few weeks and my BI has not yet contacted me. if he/she contacts me while im out of state, what options do i have? will my BI be able to meet me once i get back or should i just hop on the next flight back home? for those who have already met with their BI, did he/she give you a number to contact him/her with?

4. do you start getting paid once you EOD? do you get paid while at FLETC?

Comment

Even though it looks bad and i dont suggest lying, find out first what's in your file from gamestop and if it says anything about theft......RUN....but if nothing is in there about that and gamestop now has different supervisors and management...then hear no evil see no evil....on the other one you maybe able to fight just tell the truth on that one. Everyone make mistakes and I think they can understand that.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11110 users online. 404 members and 10706 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X